What murder/s case stands out in your mind and why?

Why should we foot the bill for a murderer and not kill one? Because we are not killers--they are.

It is cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute him/her.

Someone who is able to kill for pleasure is not a normal human being. She/he need to be removed from society--life without parole. I think we ought to study their brains after they die. It is my opinion that there is something missing in the brain of a human being who is completely without empathy.

You take a life--you give up your life. You are locked up without freedom for the rest of your life. It's that simple.

I do not support capital punishment.

Of course, the relative merits of LWOP or state sponsored premeditated killing is not the thread topic.

I will agree with Life in Prison when prisoners stop being provided with cable television, endless amounts of books, exercise equipment and college educations.

If there is no hope of getting out then they shouldn't be provided with amenities that make their lives more tolerable and enjoyable. They should be stuck in a hole, alone, and fed through a slate in the door and only taken out once a day for an hour to walk alone in a dark room, never to see the sunshine again.

I will agree with Life in Prison when prisoners stop being provided with cable television, endless amounts of books, exercise equipment and college educations.

If there is no hope of getting out then they shouldn't be provided with amenities that make their lives more tolerable and enjoyable. They should be stuck in a hole, alone, and fed through a slate in the door and only taken out once a day for an hour to walk alone in a dark room, never to see the sunshine again.

Never being able to see sunshine again is likely to be considered 'cruel and unusual' punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be stuck in a hole, alone, and fed through a slate in the door and only taken out once a day for an hour to walk alone in a dark room, never to see the sunshine again.

In that case, execution would be a less cruel sentence.

Why should we foot the bill for a murderer and not kill one? Because we are not killers--they are.

It is cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute him/her.

And if it is revenge anyone is looking for, life in prison is a far greater torture than a quick execution.

Jessica Lunsford, the little girl in Florida who was taken from her bed by a pervert. Then he raped her for days in a trailer a few feet away. Finally, he told her he was going to take her back to her father but instead dug a hole in his backyard and buried her alive.

He deserves whatever torture other may inflict on him while in prison awaiting his death sentence. He has bragged in jail about what he had to do to get enter her, the sick sucker.

Since the details of this murder have come out, I double check my dead bolts each time my granddaughters come to spend the night. I shiver to think how that little girl suffered while in this demon's hands. May God have mercy on her soul.

I'm with you. My daughter had a bedroom where the window was right by her bed. I braced the bed against the window (it's an old white iron bed with bars, weighs about a thousand pounds, the slats too close together to pull anything through) and NEVER had her window or curtains open.

I also have a spastic Jack Russell who goes berserck at the hint of any noise. Though she sleeps very soundly. Generally my daughter doesn't sleep in her bedroom, though. She either sleeps in my room, or in her brother's where the tv is.

I'm with you. My daughter had a bedroom where the window was right by her bed. I braced the bed against the window (it's an old white iron bed with bars, weighs about a thousand pounds, the slats too close together to pull anything through) and NEVER had her window or curtains open.

It's funny how these crimes impact us on such an emotional level. Since the Rosie Tapia murder in 1995, I have been unable to let either of my kids sleep with the windows open. Thirteen years now...

I tried explaining this to my boyfriend, because it is marvelously cool right now in Florida, and it would save me on utility bills by a substantial margin, but I just can't get past the horror of that killing, the idea that someone could snatch my child right out of my house, rape and murder one of them.

These crimes are a form of terrorism against all of society because of the emotional impact that they cause on all of us. I think the offenders involved should be similarly tortured to death (call it Restorative Justice).

Forum List

Back