What methods should be explored for the betterment of Man?

[DNA Viruses attack by integrating their DNA into the host cell's genome. We are using this process to deliver beneficial DNA into patients. Already, beneficial viral infections are being used to treat cystic fibrosis.

Where can I find more information regarding this?

Further, hijacking the influenza virus to mass-deliver beneficial DNA augumentations is very practical. Imagine spreading genetic modifications as rapidly as the common cold.

These would effect the germ cells and be passed on?

Is that arm controlled by moving muscles/pressing switches like most, or were you implying that it connects to the nerves? Without more information, the relevance is not clear.
I don't like killing fetuses, either, but if we're going to have abortion be legal..

I oppose abortion save for medical necessity; I have expanded upon this in threads about with the matter.

Also, the human body, and even genome, are not sacred. Grow a few human cell lines, and you'll see what I mean.

There is a distinct difference between human cell or tissue and a human being. Again, this is discussed in the abortion threads, and we can, if you wish, discuss the matter there.

Why would our government prevent the intellectual juicing of our scientists?

Perhaps I was not clear. I doubt they would allow it to be a requirement @ McDonald's or Wal-Mart (neither of which would likely want smart people in the first place); I want them to juice our scientists
smile_wink.gif

[DNA Viruses attack by integrating their DNA into the host cell's genome. We are using this process to deliver beneficial DNA into patients. Already, beneficial viral infections are being used to treat cystic fibrosis.

Where can I find more information regarding this?
You are in luck, as these links are still public.

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/SMD/mbi/education/courses/MBI456files/090417Slides.pdf
http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/SMD/mbi/education/courses/MBI456files/090420Slides.pdf
http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/SMD/mbi/education/courses/MBI456files/090422Slides.pdf
http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/SMD/mbi/education/courses/MBI456files/090424Slides.pdf

Further, hijacking the influenza virus to mass-deliver beneficial DNA augumentations is very practical. Imagine spreading genetic modifications as rapidly as the common cold.

These would effect the germ cells and be passed on?
If we use a vector that attacks the female reproductive organs, yes. We can control the target location.

Is that arm controlled by moving muscles/pressing switches like most, or were you implying that it connects to the nerves? Without more information, the relevance is not clear.
I am not certain about that particular video, but I do know that a cripple was able to drink a glass of wine with his prosthetic limb by just thinking "pick up that wine glass." Tests continue, and the technology is further refined. Will prosthetics one (soon) day be as motile as flesh-and-blood limbs? Most definitely yes!

Ghost%20in%20the%20Shell.bmp

Ok, not quite, but still a great pic!

Well, actually, they are quite close, now...
prosthetic_x450.jpg

Last edited:
My post discusses the repercussions of extending science further out. Instead of helping humanity, we may be hurting them. Perhaps we are not using our current technologies as wisely and should improve the worldwide use and knowledge of current science first, before we delve deeper into research. Only a percentage of the world population has access to highly developed medicine or science.

My post discusses the repercussions of extending science further out. Instead of helping humanity, we may be hurting them. Perhaps we are not using our current technologies as wisely and should improve the worldwide use and knowledge of current science first, before we delve deeper into research. Only a percentage of the world population has access to highly developed medicine or science.
The US has no interest in devoting resources to distributing our technological advances. Would you support the distribution of Nuclear Weapons technology to Japan, for example?

Forum List

Back