What Makes You “Multicultural”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Nov19_28_sb10068443e-001-850x478.jpg

Is it really all that important to be multicultural?

And, is monoculturalism all that bad?

To know, ask yourself the following questions:

How much do you identify with more than one culture?

How much have you internalized more than one culture?

It’s very difficult for me to determine this. How do I identify with my basic culture when it was never that clear to begin with?

And, since I married a Mexican and have become somewhat immersed in her culture, does that make me multicultural? (I have dreamed in Spanish. But, at one time, I dreamed in German. What does that mean?)

Check it out for yourselves @ What Makes You “Multicultural”

Half my music collection is jazz played by black folks, so I suppose I am just a bit multicultural.

I like most ethnic foods, so that too.

I wore a dashiki once back in the 60s, and I try not to "do it" without the fez on. :auiqs.jpg:

Half my music collection is jazz played by black folks, so I suppose I am just a bit multicultural.

I wore a dashiki once back in the 60s, and I try not to "do it" without the fez on. :auiqs.jpg:

Wuh-oh. Earworm.

Good one though. :rock:

It’s very difficult for me to determine this. How do I identify with my basic culture when it was never that clear to begin with?

And, since I married a Mexican and have become somewhat immersed in her culture, does that make me multicultural? (I have dreamed in Spanish. But, at one time, I dreamed in German. What does that mean?)

Whelp --- I can speak with authority on both Brazilian and Cape Breton Scottish music, also have a huge collection of Quebecois music, speak French and some German and Portuguese without an accent, study Taoism and make curries for dinner more often than anything else, and in the morning I drink coffee.... yet I'm neither Brazilian nor Scottish nor Quebecois nor Indian. I don't pursue any of these to "be multicultural", they're just areas of interest like anyone has. It all makes life richer.

This is "America". How can you NOT be multicultural?

Do you have any Fats Waller or Art Tatum? How about Bix Beiderbeck?

To answer the given question, what makes you multicultural, I believe that it comes from who it is that we come from. I was born in Florida, but I am also part German, Irish, and Cherokee Indian. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

when the white supremacists come for your immigrant mexican wife (in their desire to purify the US) will you hold their coats?

My God you guys are sinners, appropriating cultures with no thought of the damage you are doing..

You show me multiculturalism and diversity, I'll show you conflict and war. Multiculturalism and diversity are stupid objectives to have. My hippy friend thinks he's multicultural because he smoked weed from many countries. He has a mush brain but he's still smarter than the pseudo intellectuals who praise multiculturalism.

Our language, our laws, our customs, our sciences, our cuisines, even our courtship rituals ... all came from other cultures.

Other cultures is who we are.

Our language, our laws, our customs, our sciences, our cuisines, even our courtship rituals ... all came from other cultures.

Other cultures is who we are.
Everything truly AMERICAN came from the British Isles. Everybody else is just here for the freebies

when the white supremacists come for your immigrant mexican wife (in their desire to purify the US) will you hold their coats?

What an ignorant question!
Did you stay up all night to come up with it?
:290968001256257790-final:

I am aware of my roots but they don't define me. I'm just me; an ordinary Aussie (Anglo-Irish, Bulgarian,Celt/Slav, Jewish, French, Danish etc)

Greg

Forum List

Back