What makes you happy?

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
I'm tired of all the bickering. This is the season of giving, of love and hope. So, in a positive note...what makes you happy? I get to take a full 1 week vacation 8 days and 7 nights in Vegas in January. It'll be the longest vacation I've had since I had kids, 25 years ago. Just thinking about it makes me smile. No cooking, no cleaning, and no dirty diapers (yes I have a 20 year old that's autistic and still in diapers) shows, free drinks, I can do whatever I want....I'm so excited. 7 whole mornings where don't have to clean up crap and wash clothes.......<sigh> I can hardly wait. :)

Well ... to me I am only REALLY grouchy one time a year, the same time everyone else is happy because then I don't have an excuse to be grouchy the rest of the year like so many others.

Knowing how very blessed I am. My husband, my children, my grandchildren, my dog.

Every party has a pooper, that's why they invited you....

The REALLY messed up thing is that lately I have actually been giddy, a rarity this time of year really.

Fact is that when people say 'this is the season for' it's like they are excusing their bad behavior the rest of the year. Just a pet peeve I have had most of my life, so I try to make this my grumpy season so then I am good the rest of the year in contrast to most others.

Grandchildren are great.

I had a Chow that was with me for seventeen years. I still miss him.

I'm tired of all the bickering. This is the season of giving, of love and hope. So, in a positive note...what makes you happy? I get to take a full 1 week vacation 8 days and 7 nights in Vegas in January. It'll be the longest vacation I've had since I had kids, 25 years ago. Just thinking about it makes me smile. No cooking, no cleaning, and no dirty diapers (yes I have a 20 year old that's autistic and still in diapers) shows, free drinks, I can do whatever I want....I'm so excited. 7 whole mornings where don't have to clean up crap and wash clothes.......<sigh> I can hardly wait. :)

My wife and kids hugging me and saying they love me. Hearing the laughter of people I love. Christmas lights. Carols. Receiving Christmas cards from people I've not seen for a long time. The smell of turkey roasting, pine cones on a fire and a good glass of wine or port. The sound of ice crackling as it chills a glass of Baileys. Capra movies. Staying up late by the fireside with my wife after the kids have gone to bed.

Precious human rebirth with its eight freedoms and ten endowments. Everything else after that is gravy.

The REALLY messed up thing is that lately I have actually been giddy, a rarity this time of year really.

Fact is that when people say 'this is the season for' it's like they are excusing their bad behavior the rest of the year. Just a pet peeve I have had most of my life, so I try to make this my grumpy season so then I am good the rest of the year in contrast to most others.

You're taking it wrong, it's not that people aren't good the rest of the year, it's that they are especially happy now, families reunite, presents are exchanged, people do actual baking, there is a lot to like this time of year. Tis the season...

I was going to do a pet peeve thread, but decided to be positive instead. Why don't you start one, this is the happy thread.

My wife and kids hugging me and saying they love me. Hearing the laughter of people I love. Christmas lights. Carols. Receiving Christmas cards from people I've not seen for a long time. The smell of turkey roasting, pine cones on a fire and a good glass of wine or port. The sound of ice crackling as it chills a glass of Baileys. Capra movies. Staying up late by the fireside with my wife after the kids have gone to bed.

Baileys...I love Baileys. I ususally buy several bottles this time of year to give to people.

I love Baileys. Send one this way. That makes me happy.

Forum List

Back