What makes you give rep points???

JOKER96BRAVO

Aug 13, 2004
Over the past few weeks, I have noticed a rapid decline in rep points.
So what makes you guys give out rep points???

Is the reputation system even worth doing anymore?
Does anyone even care?

1. New information on an important topic
2. Something I agree with totally
3. A good topic worthy to be discussed
4. Sound judgments in support of a viewpoint

Posts that actually make me shiver with delight, and their sheer brilliance, or something that makes me laugh my ass off...

Speaking of which, some of you guys are slackin off. :D

-=d=- said:
I banned that guy the other day...that was worth rep points, right?

:p

:D

Taking someones new toy away is worth rep? Tsktsk. :poop:

If that's the case, I deserve lotsa rep just for being so damned cute.

I give rep for a well written response to an argument, regardless of whether I agree with it.

I give rep for the funny!

I give rep for a good article find that I hadn't seen before.

I give rep for a statement that I find profound or that I agree with fully as well.

I occasionally give positive rep to Bully just because he's a persistent cuss and because he can usually support his outrageous opinions in some manner even though it may be flimsy. But I admire the fact that he holds his ground even when we pile on his ass.

A well researched, thought provoking article also merits positive rep - especially if it's the foundation for a good discussion. I also like a good joke and a post with a sense of humor. I especially like someone who can express opposition to my views without getting condescending, vulgar, irrational or losing their temper.

I zap people for arrogance, disrespect, excessive vulgarity, flat-out anti-American sentiment or willful stupidity.

points go to people who kick lib ass. It's a great system for recognition of spirit, valor and correct thinking.

I usually forget about the rep system, so don't think that i don't appreciate a lot of the conversation around here.

Generally, the only time I give rep points is when someone gives them to me. I don't put a lot of stock in them, usually.

For those of us who are new to the board, how DO you give rep points?
On each post in a thread, on the upper right hand corner, there's a scale. Click on that and a window will pop up where you can give them either negative or positive points and add a comment if you want.

mom4 said:
For those of us who are new to the board, how DO you give rep points?
:huh:

You can attempt to give points but until you have rep power you will be unable to. I think you have to get over 100 points to get your first rep point but don't take my word for it. The best person to ask would be jimnyc or Sir Evil.

Forum List

Back