What Makes a Nation's Money Gain or Hold VALUE???

At Friedman's 90th birthday party Bernanke said, " you're right , we caused it, but we're not going to let it happen again." If you want Krugman's version its in "Depression Economics" Sorry!!

I'm sorry, where did he say that depressions and recessions cannot happen under the Gold Standard?

He agreed with Friedman. Also he agrees with Ron Paul. Read "End the Fed." Paul asks Bernanke why not switch to a gold standard. Bernanke says, cant but I'm running it as if it was on a gold standard. Thats about the most a sitting Chairman could say, but it says a ton.

OK. Where does he say that depressions and recessions cannot happen under the Gold Standard?

My first preference is

You're not important enough to have a preference that matters. Education takes place in a common context with a common language. Libertarians have been building that context for decades.

:lol: That's the dumbest non-sequitur I've ever seen.

First, this is an internet chat forum you idiot, nobody here has an opinion that matters. Least of all you!

Drop the fucking retard responses and answer the god damn question:

If you personally could choose what system the Fed used, would you tell them to use a gold standard or a k-percent rule?

I'm sorry, where did he say that depressions and recessions cannot happen under the Gold Standard?

He agreed with Friedman. Also he agrees with Ron Paul. Read "End the Fed." Paul asks Bernanke why not switch to a gold standard. Bernanke says, cant but I'm running it as if it was on a gold standard. Thats about the most a sitting Chairman could say, but it says a ton.

OK. Where does he say that depressions and recessions cannot happen under the Gold Standard?

as I said, he said it at Friedman's 90th Party and he said it to Ron Paul
Do you think he likes a gold standard because it causes depressions and recessions?

If you personally could choose what system the Fed used, would you tell them to use a gold standard or a k-percent rule?

I get paid to support something possible, not to worry about your irrelevant preferences. Sorry.

I get paid to support something possible, not to worry about your irrelevant preferences. Sorry.

That doesn't make any sense. Read my post, then your response, and tell me how in your mind that makes any sense.

What are you talking about "I get paid to..."? I don't care what you get paid to do.

"to worry about your irrelevant preferences". I was asking you about your preferences. There aren't words to describe how much of an idiot you are.

Ron Paul has a few ignorant idiots organized around his gold standard. So what?

a few???????????????? maybe 30% of the Republicans and x % of independants and Democrats while your utterly and perfectly irrelevant idea has precisely 0% support

Yes, a few. No where close to 30% of Republicans support the gold standard. Again, so what. Never gonna happen.

Yeah, "We're sorry for not expanding the money supply significantly". Not, "We're sorry for not clinging to the gold standard". You're such a moron. How the fuck can you think that quote supports your position at all. :cuckoo:

no idea what you're talking about. PLease keep in mind that Friedman's conclusion was that not sticking to the gold standard caused the Great Depression

No kidding.

as I said, he said it at Friedman's 90th Party and he said it to Ron Paul

He said what to Ron Paul?

Do you think he likes a gold standard because it causes depressions and recessions?

I just want you to quote him saying depressions and recessions can't happen under the Gold Standard. Thanks.

Yes, a few. No where close to 30% of Republicans support the gold standard. Again, so what. Never gonna happen.

if you support Ron Paul you support the gold standard. Its hardly a stretch to assume that as an independent he would get 30% + support!

Most importantly folks like you can't say what you have against it so you talk around it. If the number can get to 30% it can get to 51%

if you support Ron Paul you support the gold standard. Its hardly a stretch to assume that as an independent he would get 30% + support!

Most importantly folks like you can't say what you have against it so you talk around it. If the number can get to 30% it can get to 51%

When Ron Paul gets 30% is the day I stop laughing at your ignorance.
Tell me again about the gold standard preventing recessions and depressions.

Forum List

Back