What little known movie do you adore?

Some movies that may not be known to all, something for every taste.

Billy Jack - Action Drama Justice
Frankenstein Unbound - Unusual twist on Frankenstein
Genesis II - pilot SF movie by Roddenberry
The Invisible Ray - old SF movie
Irma La Douce - comedy drama
K-Pax - SF movie
Krull - SF movie
Metropolis - silent SF movie, the best
Midnight Run - comedy action drama
My Favorite Year - comedy drama
No Country For Old Men - action drama
Ong-Bak - best martial arts movie of all time
Open Range - western drama
The Out of Towners - the original with Lemon, comedy drama
The Questor Tapes - pilot SF movie by Roddenberry
Straw Dogs - the original with Hoffman, action drama
Summer of '42 - best romance movie of all time
Tremors - SF drama
True Grit - western drama

The Dressmaker

Based on the best-selling novel by Rosalie Ham, THE DRESSMAKER is a bittersweet, comedy-drama set in early 1950s Australia. Tilly Dunnage (KATE WINSLET), a beautiful and talented misfit, after many years working as a dressmaker in exclusive Parisian fashion houses, returns home to the tiny middle-of-nowhere town of Dungatar to right the wrongs of the past. Not only does she reconcile with her ailing, eccentric mother Molly (JUDY DAVIS) and unexpectedly falls in love with the pure-hearted Teddy (LIAM HEMSWORTH), but armed with her sewing machine and incredible sense of style, she transforms the women of the town and in doing so gets sweet revenge on those who did her wrong.

Kate Winslet, Liam Helmsworth, Hugo Weaving

Greg

My favorite is the documentary Salesman (1969). Nice to see those cars again and revisit life back in that era.

From IMDB:
Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.
I've watched it multiple times over the years and found it on YouTube last night.

R-Point. It's Korean, supposed to be a horror type movie but isn't quite.

Forum List

Back