'What lion?' Zimbabweans ask, amid global Cecil circus

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This whole "scandal" was invented by the american press to distract us from the Planned Parenthood scandal.

What lion Zimbabweans ask amid global Cecil circus Reuters
july 30 2015 As social media exploded with outrage this week at the killing of Cecil the lion, the untimely passing of the celebrated predator at the hands of an American dentist went largely unnoticed in the animal's native Zimbabwe.

"What lion?" acting information minister Prisca Mupfumira asked in response to a request for comment about Cecil, who was at that moment topping global news bulletins and generating reams of abuse for his killer on websites in the United States and Europe.

For most people in the southern African nation, where unemployment tops 80 percent and the economy continues to feel the after-effects of billion percent hyperinflation a decade ago, the uproar had all the hallmarks of a 'First World Problem'.

"Are you saying that all this noise is about a dead lion? Lions are killed all the time in this country," said Tryphina Kaseke, a used-clothes hawker on the streets of Harare. "What is so special about this one?"

We have the time and the money to worry about such things. Them, not so much.

MaslowsHiearchyofNeeds.png

The power of the Liberal media: A lion with a pet name is shot 8000 miles away and the whole country is in an uproar. But when our own people are murdered by illegals and terrorists IN OUR OWN COUNTRY we get nothing.

The power of the Liberal media: A lion with a pet name is shot 8000 miles away and the whole country is in an uproar. But when our own people are murdered by illegals and terrorists IN OUR OWN COUNTRY we get nothing.

The whole country really doesn't give a shit. Just the bleeding heart liberals are giving it lip service.

Take your faggoty triangle to a thread where it's relevant.
If you were smart you'd know why we care, and they don't. We can afford to...

Maslow s hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Who is this "we" that you refer too ? Assuming too much again ?
"We" are people with time and money, and enough food in our stomachs to make a big deal about a big fucking cat. They don't have that luxury.

"We" are people with time and money, and enough food in our stomachs to make a big deal about a big fucking cat. They don't have that luxury.
I actually think we're on the same page here.....didn't see it before because that retarded triangle was blocking your point.

I can multi task my outrage. I'm a hunter. I'm a "cant eat it leave it on its feet" kinda hunter.

Although I know and we must hit some predators by law.

I'm thrilled that this is happening. Because NOW we can address this.

You conveniently omit the millions of people in the world with time, money and food who don't give a shit about a lion just because the media says they should.

I can multi task my outrage. I'm a hunter. I'm a "cant eat it leave it on its feet" kinda hunter.

Although I know and we must hit some predators by law.

I'm thrilled that this is happening. Because NOW we can address this.
Hunters like us would be mistaken to try to outlaw safari hunting. It furthers their agenda to outlaw hunting altogether. You say trophy hunts are unnecessary, they say all hunting is unnecessary. It's time we stop giving them the rope they'll hang us with.

I actually think we're on the same page here.....didn't see it before because that retarded triangle was blocking your point.
The retarded triangle was created by a man smarter than three of your brains in one body, 60 years ago. it also explains the problem here. To care you have to be well off enough to afford to care.

You conveniently omit the millions of people in the world with time, money and food who don't give a shit about a lion just because the media says they should.
I omit them because they are, mostly, short-sided selfish little pricks, like most here.

Last edited:

The retarded triangle was created by a man smarter than three of your brains in one body, 60 years ago. it also explains the problem here. To care you have to be well off enough to afford to care.

Caring doesn't mean shit.

Smarter than me? I learned shapes and colors in kindergarten. They don't care if a stupid lion gets killed because they're in the food chain right beneath it.

I omit them because they are, mostly, short sided selfish little pricks, like most here.

hide in your little liberal dreamworld.

Forum List

Back