What lie does the other side spread about your party that's the most surprising and bizarre?

A lot of things Republicans say about Democrats that really surprise me because they are so bizarre.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that many things the Democrats say about Republicans are demonstrably true.

Thoughts?

As a registered independent I've moved further to the left after the far right evangelicals subsumed the Republican party courtesy of George W. Bush and his loading the DOJ with graduates from Pat Robertson's Regent University law school.

In 2003 when I realized what a total fucking sham the invasion and occupation of Iraq was, I moved more to the left.

I had hopes in 2004 that the Republicans would wake up and vote the Bush and the Dick out of office. But alas, they reelected these liars and war whores!

I heard through good sources that Colin Powell had been set up by the Dick and the Bush and was going to resign as soon as Bush was reelected.
He did, and my conversion continued.

BUT OH WAIT....Then the rightwing loons had to keep pushing the buttons about what we did in our bedrooms, and to whom we did it to and what that outcome should be based on THEIR standards. And my conversion was reinforced and completed, never to waiver again, amen.

A lot of things Republicans say about Democrats that really surprise me because they are so bizarre.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that many things the Democrats say about Republicans are demonstrably true.

Thoughts?

As a registered independent I've moved further to the left after the far right evangelicals subsumed the Republican party courtesy of George W. Bush and his loading the DOJ with graduates from Pat Robertson's Regent University law school.

In 2003 when I realized what a total fucking sham the invasion and occupation of Iraq was, I moved more to the left.

I had hopes in 2004 that the Republicans would wake up and vote the Bush and the Dick out of office. But alas, they reelected these liars and war whores!

I heard through good sources that Colin Powell had been set up by the Dick and the Bush and was going to resign as soon as Bush was reelected.

BUT OH WAIT....Then the rightwing loons had to keep pushing the buttons about what we did in our bedrooms, and to whom we did it to and what that outcome should be based on THEIR standards. And my conversion was reinforced and completed, never to waiver again, amen.

Sounds like Ed Shultz is posting to the board.

Thanks for leaving Ed.

You sound pretty worthless.

Thoughts?

Sounds like Ed Shultz is posting to the board.

Thanks for leaving Ed.

You sound pretty worthless.

Sorry Ed Schultz is the dumbest, most ignorant person I have ever heard, until rdean came along. Schultz is a genius compared to rdean.

One of the many things Democrats say about Republicans that make no sense to me is this idea that Republicans only care about the rich.

Not only does it not make a lot of sense, but it's sort of a rhetorical sleight-of-hand bait-and-switch argument. Because Republicans support pro-business policies and lower taxes doesn't mean they're in the tank for the rich. People think "pro-business" just means lining the pockets of people who already have a lot of money. It also means supporting policies that encourage economic growth and risk-taking that creates jobs and wealth for this country. When you levy high taxes and over-regulate it makes the market shrink instead of expand. It causes businesses to seek out more business-friendly areas and/or outsource, which means fewer American jobs, which means more reliance on the government to take care of you and your family. Case in point: California.

It's hard to understand why liberals don't seem to understand basic economics and how groups work, yet they seem to politick that they're in tune with the common, working man. Seriously, if Republicans are the party of the rich like so many Democrats believe, why do most of the richest areas in the country vote Democratic in each election?
OK, go ahead and name some of those successful policies. GOP deregulation led to bringing down the world economy because of their bundles and derivative based schemes. So it wasn't that.

Huh? I'm sure this is a regurgitated talking point, but do explain what you mean by that.

The deficit creating Bush tax cuts cost three trillion and didn't create jobs. Unless creating jobs in China was the goal. Then it worked.

This would be the part where you provide a link to this highly dubious claim.

The richest areas in the country vote Democrat because that's where business, the best schools and universities and research and technology are. That's why GOP governors like Rick Perry go to states like New York, California and Illinois looking for skilled workers.

Then it's a little silly to argue that Republicans only care about "the rich" when "the rich" faithfully vote against them. What sense would it make for Republicans to only care about a class that doesn't support them? Areas with many wealthy people go for Democrats because they use accountants and lawyers to find loopholes to diminish their tax burden when it's time to pay Uncle Sam. If Democrats made rich people pay the piper the way they like to imply when they talk about "fair share" and "the middle class" and "the rich paying a little more", more of these people would support Republicans' message of lower taxes and spending.

The GOP can't have it both ways. The Democrats have the best of everything yet are the most stupid? If you look at what is being created in Blue States and the FACT that the GOP won't invest in their own people, then clearly, it's conservatives, excuse me, ignorant conservatives who are the problem. Come on. Does it take a bitch slap to recognize the obvious?

This doesn't make enough sense to seriously respond to...

And speaking of California:

california economy bounces back - Google Search

Thank God for a Democratic Governor.

Throwing a Google search at me isn't making an argument. CA's economy rebound (if you even want to call it that) isn't because of Jerry Brown as much as it is the US economy as a whole improving. Big whoop CA now has a surplus -- most states do. It's still drowning its people in taxes, still has huge debts, and massive infrastructure issues.

Forum List

Back