What Liberals REALLY think about us Conservatives

i have never seen a bumpersticker saying "imagine no conservatives" i have however seen one saying "imagine no liberals"

that says it all....conservatives want to do away with anyone who does not toe the 'party line' their party line

I would bet money such a bumper sticker does exist. As long as someone exists to buy it, it probably does.

I couldn't find Bones' post but at least she is on the topic. She, a liberal, thinks conservatives want to do away with anyone who does not toe the 'party line' their party line.

So do the rest of you liberals concur? Do you think conservatives want to get rid of anybody who isn't a conservative? What do you think? We'll hang them? Poison them? Shoot them? Is there a liberal out there would would not express an opinion that the world would be better off without conservatives? Is there a liberal or conservative out there who thinks this kind of thinking is pretty dumb?

I mean it isn't as if the liberals on this thread have said ANYTHING charitable or complimentary about me or any other conservative since this thread has been running.

And as for those hateful 'conservative' bumper stickers, I imagine the liberals can pretty well match us on undiplomatic statements:

474323884v4_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

32556892v6_150x150_Front.JPG

59821307v4_150x150_Front.JPG

33339229v17_240x240_Front.jpg

I don't recall EVER referring to anybody who opposed any war as 'enemy of the state'. And that Bush "If you aren't with us you're against us" line was in the immediate wake of 9/11 and standing up to terrorism. It had nothing to do with Afghanistan or iraq.

So what is your gut reaction when you're told that you are throwing a temper tantrum if you vote conservative in an election? That you are 'out of touch with reality'? That you are an 'enemy of the state'?

Does stuff like that make you question your conviictions? Soften your opinions? Make you reconsider your position?

No, it makes me question the liberal making those statements. First they know nothing at all about me or what I think about this country and its leaders.

If it makes me an "enemy of the state" to believe the Obama has totally screwed up in some areas then so be it.

As for the "if you are not for us, you are against us", you are right, it was said before the wars, however, conservatives latched onto it after the wars had begun and used it to beat the patriotism out of anyone that did not 100% agree with them and I do mean beat the patriotism out of those who disagreed.

Immie

And they haven't stopped.

Well, I hate to say it, but it does go both ways.

If you would think about it, our politicians would not have it any other way. They thrive on getting us to fight amongst ourselves. This country would be in a heck of a lot better hands if we got together and quit letting them split us apart.

Immie

None of your images call for the elimination of conservatives.

Try again

i have never seen a bumpersticker saying "imagine no conservatives" i have however seen one saying "imagine no liberals"

that says it all....conservatives want to do away with anyone who does not toe the 'party line' their party line

I would bet money such a bumper sticker does exist. As long as someone exists to buy it, it probably does.

I couldn't find Bones' post but at least she is on the topic. She, a liberal, thinks conservatives want to do away with anyone who does not toe the 'party line' their party line.

So do the rest of you liberals concur? Do you think conservatives want to get rid of anybody who isn't a conservative? What do you think? We'll hang them? Poison them? Shoot them? Is there a liberal out there would would not express an opinion that the world would be better off without conservatives? Is there a liberal or conservative out there who thinks this kind of thinking is pretty dumb?

I mean it isn't as if the liberals on this thread have said ANYTHING charitable or complimentary about me or any other conservative since this thread has been running.

And as for those hateful 'conservative' bumper stickers, I imagine the liberals can pretty well match us on undiplomatic statements:

Try again

Neither did the one Bones' quoted.

No, it makes me question the liberal making those statements. First they know nothing at all about me or what I think about this country and its leaders.

If it makes me an "enemy of the state" to believe the Obama has totally screwed up in some areas then so be it.

As for the "if you are not for us, you are against us", you are right, it was said before the wars, however, conservatives latched onto it after the wars had begun and used it to beat the patriotism out of anyone that did not 100% agree with them and I do mean beat the patriotism out of those who disagreed.

Immie

If you would think about it, our politicians would not have it any other way. They thrive on getting us to fight amongst ourselves. This country would be in a heck of a lot better hands if we got together and quit letting them split us apart.

Immie

How do we do that without compromising our values and convictions? Seems to me the politicians have been doing that for decades resulting in the mess we are currently in. Sure they want us to fight among ourselves so they'll get elected. After that, they do whatever they think will increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortune.

What are you willing to do to get liberals to like you and cooperate with you? What will they give up in order to have conservatives be agreeable and accepting?

At what point do we demand those ideals and values that we know will put the country back on the right track. Or maybe you think it already is on the right track?

Did I mischaracterize you as depicting you as more conservative than liberal?

Last edited:
The truth nature of the angry, liberal horde has been exposed in the last four years of their dominance. (It's actually a century of their control, but it's too much for them to grasp, so we'll start with four.)

They are an unhappy lot, very poor winners actually.

I'm gonna vote for the happy people, which pretty much eliminates Democrats. Even their smiles are fake. Gross.

Try again

Neither did the one Bones' quoted.

That's right. Bones quote didn't call for the elimination of conservatives. It called for the elimination of liberals.

Face the facts; conservatives are the leaders in childish name-calling. The only way you can compare the right and the left on this issue is by making stuff up. Thats why you cant supply just ONE QUOTE to back up any of your deluded claims.

When are you going to post the quote from Obama where he calls someone an "enemy" as you have dishonestly claimed in this thread (and then ran away from once challenged)?

Immie

How do we do that without compromising our values and convictions? Seems to me the politicians have been doing that for decades resulting in the mess we are currently in. Sure they want us to fight among ourselves so they'll get elected. After that, they do whatever they think will increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortune.

What are you willing to do to get liberals to like you and cooperate with you? What will they give up in order to have conservatives be agreeable and accepting?

At what point do we demand those ideals and values that we know will put the country back on the right track. Or maybe you think it already is on the right track?

First and foremost would be to treat them as American citizens who also care for this country. I don't have to agree with them to believe that most of them are somewhat intelligent human beings who care just as much about this country and its citizens as I do.

I surely do not have to treat them like the enemy.

As for compromise, there is a lot of room for compromise in the issues facing this country. It is too bad that we allow politicians to blind us to that fact. I have compromised many of my "principles" since I started posting on these sites. I have come to realize that I am NOT ALWAYS right and sometimes the best thing for me to do is to realize that my solution does not work or does not work in all situations.

Abortion is one of those things. Ten years ago, I would have fought tooth and nails with anyone that said they were "pro-choice" which I believed was nothing at all except a nice way of saying "pro-abortion". I would have fought against anyone that opposed the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Now, I realize that overturning that terrible decision would not stop one single abortion and would probably turn back the clock on the defense of fetal lives several decades.

What will they give up? I can't answer that and I suspect some would answer that in this manner... "Not a damned thing". However, I believe there are reasonable liberals out there that would be willing to brainstorm solutions to our problems and would compromise for the greater good.

Me think this country is on the right track? Hardly. What will I do to get us there? I suppose the proper answer to that would be "whatever it takes", but then I'm not sure about that. Listening would be a good start. The concerns of liberals on various subjects are not without basis. The way to solve the problems is to put them on the table and then start looking for ideas that will solve the problems. Quite frankly, I don't believe conservatives have all the right answers nor do I believe liberals have all the right answers.

Most liberals; Pelosi, Reid and TM and a few others excluded, are not evil people. They care about what is happening in America and they care about solving the problems and they will work with moderates and conservatives to find answers to those problems.

They are no different than you or me.

Immie

How many fucking civilian government employees do you know who are Republican?

Besides a few unicorns, you created a Democrat monopoly on all government from your town hall to DC, and you better outvote them. Lot of rich government workers. Very rich.

We need only look at the prison system. Who is in prison. Now which conservatives should be in prison? Prison basically means felons that can't vote. You have eliminaed them as political opponents. Now, how many rightwing token blacks are in congress. The last one said the right wouldn't support any measures he prepared to help the poor blacks from his state, and he quit. You don't want to kill them. Any torturer knows there are worse things than death that can be delt on humans, and the rightwing is aptly prepared to do so. They want babies to avoid abortion to live, so they can starve them, deny them a decent environment, deny them an education, and turn them into slaves and targets for their ME wars.

Do you hugs murderers, torturers & rapists? Why should I say anything nice to you? Did you conspire with the cons to impeach Clinton for a BJ? Did you claim there were WMDs and insist there were as thousands of US troops and civilians were butchered?

Last edited:

Too bad your ranting doesn't allow you to stop and read. As I said in a previous post:

There are no liberals in the Republican Party. However, there is an entire wing of the Democratic Party that is conservatives. They are against women's rights and hate gays. Some are called Blue Dogs. Others are part of the Hispanic population. Still others are part of the black population. The Democratic party is a big tent, not a "pup" tent.

See, the Democratic Party accepts conservatives. Why? Because that party is inclusive. Sure, those Democrats are homophobic. Sure they are anti women's rights. But they are still Americans. They and we understand that we all have to work together.

There are no liberals in the Republican Party. They say, "We want OUR country back". They started their hatred of "black" Obama LOOOONG before he became president. They are a political party that is 90% white for a reason.

So pointing out the Republican Party is NOT the same as pointing out conservatives. Even though, I personally, don't agree with conservatives mean spirited and anti human policies.

I for one believe that woman are not so irresponsible and stupid that we need to create laws to control them because they are simply not capable of taking care of their own bodies. That is not MY position.

I understand that gays are the children of American families and for families to accept their children should be the very definition of "family values".

Last edited by a moderator:

Immie

First and foremost would be to treat them as American citizens who also care for this country. I don't have to agree with them to believe that most of them are somewhat intelligent human beings who care just as much about this country and its citizens as I do.

I surely do not have to treat them like the enemy.

As for compromise, there is a lot of room for compromise in the issues facing this country. It is too bad that we allow politicians to blind us to that fact. I have compromised many of my "principles" since I started posting on these sites. I have come to realize that I am NOT ALWAYS right and sometimes the best thing for me to do is to realize that my solution does not work or does not work in all situations.

Abortion is one of those things. Ten years ago, I would have fought tooth and nails with anyone that said they were "pro-choice" which I believed was nothing at all except a nice way of saying "pro-abortion". I would have fought against anyone that opposed the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Now, I realize that overturning that terrible decision would not stop one single abortion and would probably turn back the clock on the defense of fetal lives several decades.

What will they give up? I can't answer that and I suspect some would answer that in this manner... "Not a damned thing". However, I believe there are reasonable liberals out there that would be willing to brainstorm solutions to our problems and would compromise for the greater good.

Me think this country is on the right track? Hardly. What will I do to get us there? I suppose the proper answer to that would be "whatever it takes", but then I'm not sure about that. Listening would be a good start. The concerns of liberals on various subjects are not without basis. The way to solve the problems is to put them on the table and then start looking for ideas that will solve the problems. Quite frankly, I don't believe conservatives have all the right answers nor do I believe liberals have all the right answers.

Most liberals; Pelosi, Reid and TM and a few others excluded, are not evil people. They care about what is happening in America and they care about solving the problems and they will work with moderates and conservatives to find answers to those problems.

They are no different than you or me.

Immie

Yes, I think true liberals are different from you and me in what they believe is the role of government which, after all, is what politics are and what defines a liberal vs conservative. I certainly don't disrespect or dislike liberals--I have one kid who is so liberal that she can out liberal anybody and she is the delight of my heart (as is the kid so conservative to the point of being extreme.) Our other dear friends and relatives run the gamut of the political spectrum--we have to double check the email list before we send out Democrat or Republican jokes to avoid offending some of the hypersenstive ones. :)

And then there are all the distinguished and brilliant thinking liberals that I have read and/or read regularly. And would dearly love to spend a long, leisurely dinner with just to talk.

This is why I found Bones'--who I love dearly--comment especially offensive; that somehow conservatives are evil and vindictive and would do away with all the liberals if they could. Remarks like that are intolerant and insulting to me.

Being 'Conservative' doesn't have anything to do with the death penalty or legalized marijuana or abortion or most of the other sticky wicket controversial social issues. It does have everything to do with appreciation for those values and cultural ideals and principles, including freedom and self governance, that created a USA that was the greatest, most prosperous, most free nation on Earth.

And when I see our elected leaders making compromises that whittle away at and erode those values, ideals, and principles, I know we are moving ever closer to being in danger of losing them all.

It is fine to exchange ideas, concepts, and values though it is a rare liberal who is capable of doing that these days. But again, how much freedom should one be willing to give up in order to get along? What principles and values should one be willing to compromise in order to be agreeable?

How do you choose the place to stand and fight for what you believe? And how do you select the hill you are willing to die on if that should be necessary?

I think compromising on the basics is what put us in our current mess and created the enormous, ever more intrusive, ever more expensive monstrosity that is our government. I think it is time to sort out what is and what is not negotiable and return to the basic values, ideals, and principles.

This is why I found Bones'--who I love dearly--comment especially offensive; that somehow conservatives are evil and vindictive and would do away with all the liberals if they could. Remarks like that are intolerant and insulting to me.

Then I guess you can post where you whined as you're doing now when Ann Coulter said we should shoot some liberals to shut them up. Or maybe you can't.

Maybe you could post where you complained when the Teabaggers argued that only "true conservatives" belong in the republican party. Or maybe you can't

Maybe you could link to where you complained when Rove bragged about a "permanent Republican" hold on the White House and Congress? Or maybe you can't

Or maybe you could post a quote from Obama where he says that someone is he enemy, as you claim he has done? Or maybe you can't

Being 'Conservative' doesn't have anything to do with the death penalty or legalized marijuana or abortion or most of the other sticky wicket controversial social issues. It does have everything to do with appreciation for those values and cultural ideals and principles, including freedom and self governance, that created a USA that was the greatest, most prosperous, most free nation on Earth.

DP, marijuana and abortion all have to do with the role of govt in our lives which is the dividing line between liberals and conservatives. And the US is neither the greatest, the most prosperous, not the most free nation on Earth

Basically, your posts are nothing but partisan blather. You are deaf to the rightwings calls to eliminate liberals, deaf to the bush* admins saying it's opponents "give aid and comfort to the enemy", and your complaints about liberals are comprised of fictions which is why you refuse to back up your absurd claims with just a single quote

bush* and his cronies claimed that people who disagreed with him on several policies (Gitmo, PATRIOT Act, HSA, etc) were "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

And again, the quotes you posted say nothing about conservatives. The quotes clearly reference american voters.

Did Bush call Americans "the enemy?"

No. He did not. I can't imagine on his worst day or in his worst moment that he would see the American people as 'the enemy' or refer to the American people as the 'enemy'. And I can't imagine in his worst moment of incompetence that he would race bait or pit one segment of society to treat or view another group as 'their enemies'.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Government Targets American Bloggers As Enemy Propagandists

Military, Homeland Security, Bush White House strategy sharpen knives against anyone critical of the "war on terror"

Recent scientific polls that show around 84% don't believe the government's explanation behind 9/11 and others confirming the fact that support for the war in Iraq is at an all time low have led the Bush administration to sharpen their knives against the new breed of perceived "enemy propagandists," bloggers, journalists and online activists who dissent against the "war on terror."

The White House has made it perfectly clear that it will target American citizens for propagating information harmful to the interests of the U.S. government and classify them as enemy combatants. This is codified in sub-section 27 of section 950v. of the Military Commissions Act of 2006.​
Bush's own strategy document for "winning the war on terror" identifies "conspiracy theorists," meaning anyone who exposes government corruption and lies about major domestic and world events, as "terrorists recruiters," and vows to eliminate their influence in society.​
In a speech given Monday, Homeland Security director Michael Chertoff identified the web as a "terror training camp," through which "disaffected people living in the United States" are developing "radical ideologies and potentially violent skills."​
Chertoff has pledged to dispatch Homeland Security agents to local police departments in order to aid in the apprehension of domestic terrorists who use the Internet as a political tool.

The Bush administration's media mouthpieces have also been mobilized to stereotype any kind of critical thinking as "giving aid and comfort to the enemy," a recent case in point beingFox News' Bill O'Reilly calling for the FBI to investigate the 9/11 Scholars organization for possible ties to terrorist organizations.

Did Bush call Americans "the enemy?"

No. He did not. I can't imagine on his worst day or in his worst moment that he would see the American people as 'the enemy' or refer to the American people as the 'enemy'. And I can't imagine in his worst moment of incompetence that he would race bait or pit one segment of society to treat or view another group as 'their enemies'.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Government Targets American Bloggers As Enemy Propagandists

Military, Homeland Security, Bush White House strategy sharpen knives against anyone critical of the "war on terror"

Recent scientific polls that show around 84% don't believe the government's explanation behind 9/11 and others confirming the fact that support for the war in Iraq is at an all time low have led the Bush administration to sharpen their knives against the new breed of perceived "enemy propagandists," bloggers, journalists and online activists who dissent against the "war on terror."

The White House has made it perfectly clear that it will target American citizens for propagating information harmful to the interests of the U.S. government and classify them as enemy combatants. This is codified in sub-section 27 of section 950v. of the Military Commissions Act of 2006.​
Bush's own strategy document for "winning the war on terror" identifies "conspiracy theorists," meaning anyone who exposes government corruption and lies about major domestic and world events, as "terrorists recruiters," and vows to eliminate their influence in society.​
In a speech given Monday, Homeland Security director Michael Chertoff identified the web as a "terror training camp," through which "disaffected people living in the United States" are developing "radical ideologies and potentially violent skills."​
Chertoff has pledged to dispatch Homeland Security agents to local police departments in order to aid in the apprehension of domestic terrorists who use the Internet as a political tool.

The Bush administration's media mouthpieces have also been mobilized to stereotype any kind of critical thinking as "giving aid and comfort to the enemy," a recent case in point beingFox News' Bill O'Reilly calling for the FBI to investigate the 9/11 Scholars organization for possible ties to terrorist organizations.

OH SNAP!!!!!

Someone's going to be scrubbing the blood from their anal hairs tonight

Forum List

Back