What Liberals Fear More Than Obama Losing

If someone is trying to tell me--how much more business will pay--who obviously doesn't know what the CURRENT tax rate is:lol::lol:--what do you expect me to call you--:lol:

I have seen your numbers before--you've just copied and pasted them off of a liberal left wing site--whom don't know their asse's from a hole in the ground either.

I am the one in business--and I have the 2011 tax chart.

You weren't sharp enough to understand that I was talking about the additional tax increase when the rate is bumped up but I managed to let it slide without throwing an ad hom and a barrage of smilies at you.

But anyway again....

I've haven't copied and pasted anything.

If the rate bump was from 36 to 39 the tax bill increase would be 1500 for those making 300k in profit.

If the rate bump was from 33 to 39 the tax bill increase would be 3000 for those making 300k in profit.

That's just pure math.

Pure math doesn't start at 36%--:lol: Furthermore if Obama is raising it from the current 33% to 39%--you can bet all graduated lower numbers will be rising also--meaning--that you've got a lot of fuzzy B.S. math going on. You can't just jump from 28% in one fatal leap to 39%--without raising the 28% to 30-34% and so on and so on.

Actually, all those other increases are just an assumption on your part and not based on fact.

You weren't sharp enough to understand that I was talking about the additional tax increase when the rate is bumped up but I managed to let it slide without throwing an ad hom and a barrage of smilies at you.

But anyway again....

If the rate bump was from 36 to 39 the tax bill increase would be 1500 for those making 300k in profit. .

If the rate bump was from 33 to 39 the tax bill increase would be 3000 for those making 300k in profit.

That's just pure math.

Pure math doesn't start at 36%--:lol:

Does it start at 33%?

Because I calculated that out for you too....

Are you disputing the 3k tax increase?

The current 2011 tax chart reads--(Circular E--Employers tax guide)

Page 37 ANNUAL INCOME

220,200 to 367,050 $47,513.50 plus 33% over 220,200

The next lowest tax bracket is 28%. Meaning you can't make a leap from 28% to 39% without raising lower brackets also.

What I am trying to say in all of this--I believe that the 500K and--over--taxes should be raised. But 250K is right in the heart of the small business arena. And you certainly do not want to deter them with a 39% tax bracket--because most would be happy to stay in the 28% bracket and make 220,200 K per year--versus borrowing more--risking more--and working harder--to hit that 39% tax bracket. They simply won't do it.

Last edited:
Pure math doesn't start at 36%--:lol:

Does it start at 33%?

Because I calculated that out for you too....

Are you disputing the 3k tax increase?

The current 2011 tax chart reads--(Circular E--Employers tax guide)

Page 37 ANNUAL INCOME

220,200 to 367,050 $47,513.50 plus 33% over 220,200

The next lowest tax bracket is 28%. Meaning you can't make a leap from 28% to 39% without raising lower brackets also.

Why not?

Why can't the next lowest bracket just slide from a cap of 220,200 to 250k?

Or make a small 33% bracket for the difference?

What I am trying to say in all of this--I believe that the 500K and over taxes should be raised. But 250K is right in the heart of the small business arena. And you certainly do not want to deter them with a 39% tax bracket--because most would be happy to stay in the 28% bracket and make 220,200 K per year--versus borrowing more--risking more--and working harder--to hit that 39% tax bracket.

So what if they hit the 39% bracket?

They are still making more money than they were when they were in the 28% bracket.

It's not like when they hit that 39% bracket their entire profit is taxed at that rate.

Last edited:
as a liberal I have always worked, worked hard and have more than one job at a time. After Obama leaves office it will be the same, work, work hard until I am in a wheel chair because the disks in my spine are deteriorating. Nothing will change, not even the lies or the fallicies spread by the hate lovers in this thread.

You're not a liberal - you're a progressive - big difference.

I'm a liberal and I find it highly offensive when progressives have the audacity to claim they're "liberal."

Last time I checked liberal was not a synonym of authoritarian.

^^^ That right there - that's the very biggest problem that real Liberals have. The word that y'all use to associate yourselves has been hijacked by Progressives. Which is why I refer to 'the left' (idiotic progressives) and 'liberals' (who I happen to agree with quite often).

You guys (liberals) need to take back the label 'Liberal' and get those dirt-bags out of your party - because they are destroying it from within.

By Geoffrey P. Hunt
08/30/2011
American Thinker

The left are now wringing their hands fearing their agenda is overripe, blaming everyone else for their own spoiled pickling. While Obama's sinking prospects for re-election are disquieting, the real source of liberals' despair is their sudden, unexpected realization that the progressive agenda is dead in its tracks and will likely be in full retreat after 2012.

. . . The end of the Progressive Era, eclipsing Obama, has come from two places -- one fiscal and pragmatic, the other ideological and visceral. First, the debt crisis and persistent economic woes have made it clear that the progressive agenda is unaffordable and unsustainable. The money pumps in the forms of more borrowing and taxes cannot possibly keep up with the tons of green water spending coming aboard.

Second, beyond the limited government ideology now gaining real traction, Americans without an ideology are finding that central planning madness from Washington is making their lives worse, not better.

. . . The liberal vision of the ideal state is fat, sloppy and lazy. Why exert yourself if someone else will buy you food stamps and school lunches? Why bother learning to read, write, do simple algebra, or acquire any employable skills when you'll get free health care and subsidized housing? Why eat right and keep fit when obesity and diabetes is a protected disability?

Americans are finally fed up with the Democrats' value system: no personal accountability; moral equivalence; belief that success is derived from exploiting everybody else; everybody else is a hapless victim; we are all racists and xenophobes, consigned to endless acts of contrition where reparations and open borders would be the only relief.

LINK

You KNOW -- you just absolutely KNOW -- you're about to read a load of political hackery when either a right wing crank is tells you what "the left" thinks or a left wing crank tells you what "the right" thinks.

But anyway again....

If the rate bump was from 36 to 39 the tax bill increase would be 1500 for those making 300k in profit.

That's just pure math.

Pure math doesn't start at 36%--:lol: Furthermore if Obama is raising it from the current 33% to 39%--you can bet all graduated lower numbers will be rising also--meaning--that you've got a lot of fuzzy B.S. math going on. You can't just jump from 28% in one fatal leap to 39%--without raising the 28% to 30-34% and so on and so on.

Actually, all those other increases are just an assumption on your part and not based on fact.

You ARE making assumptions--The tax chart can be manipulated to whatever they want it to be. As an example and from what I have heard out of your hero's mouth for the last 3-1/2 years is he wants the 250K to be taxed at 39%. He can draw the line at the 250K income level and tax it at 39%--then he can graduate income above that into an even higher bracket--which is what I expect his intentions are.

This is his wealth distribution plan that he has spoken about for 3-1/2 years. You cannot take this leap from earning 220,200 being taxed and 28% then make approximately $30K more per year and wake up into a 39% tax bracket. It doesn't work like that. That's an 11% tax hike within a 30K income jump.

So they either raise the current 28% tax bracket- to 33% -which moves into the middle income class and raise their taxes also--or you STOP small business growth in this country to a dead halt.

Small business is not Halliburton in this country. Mom and pop shops give up vacations--work 60+ hours per week--risk everything they own--put up with all the headaches--and do not have investors they can screw--CEO--CFO's etc. that help with the management of their s-CORPORATIONS. And they are not going to give up more life or the quality of it to launch themselves into a 39% from 28% tax bracket over 30K more in income per year. They'll stay right at the 220,200 per year and be happy with that 28% tax bracket.

Last edited:
It's not like when they hit that 39% bracket their entire profit is taxed at that rate.

You'd be amazed how many people simply don't know how a graduated income tax works. In other words, there are many people out there who think making a dollar over the next threshold will cause their entire income to be taxed at the higher rate instead of just that one dollar.

So?

They are taxed on their profit, not their revenue. You expect me to weep for someone profiting 250k on their small business?

If any of those businesses you mentioned hit that 250k mark in profit they will see zero increase.

If they profit 300k their tax bill will go up $1500.

If they profit 500k the tax bill goes up $7500. And so on.

The horror.

Holy Crap--can you people READ a tax chart. 300K and they are only going to pay an additional $1500.00 for 50K above 250k more in federal taxes---:lol::lol: Really does that make any freakin sense to you at all---:lol::lol: One can make an additional 50K per year and only pay $1500.00 in additional federal tax---at a 300K annual income level--:lol::lol:

Did Barry tell you that also?

According to my 2011 business tax chart:

300K income federal tax liability $73,847.00
250K income federal tax liability $57,347.20

which means someone making an additional $50K (from 250K to 300K) would pay an additional $16,499.80 in federal tax liability--and NOT a measly $1500.00--:lol::lol::lol:

That $1500 is the increase in tax their tax bill when the rate is increased from 36% to 39% and not the total taxes paid on that additional 50k over 250k.

50,000 * .36 = 18,000

50,000 * .39 = 19,500

Exactly, what some seem to be missing is that the company would still have to pay the 36% on the 50,000 if the rate remained at the 36% rate. Increasing the marginal rate by 3% is only going to add $1500 to an additional $50,000 of taxable income.

Oh and to make Oreo happy, I didn't look up the current rate. The principle still applies if the rate is currently 33% and it is raised to 39%.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back