What Leftism Does to People

In your opinion, which statement most closely reflects the truth?

• Leftism is America’s best hope.

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Unchecked Leftism will destroy the America we know.

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Neither and I will explain in my post

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I am a troll and/or numbnut who has nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
Klavan's theory is any kind of liberal view makes those whose views lean left bad people. Klavan likes to stir up shit. He likes to feed RWNJ's hate.

Last edited:
Okay Sky. You obviously came into this thread to disrupt it and you have succeeded. So I'll wait until you and the other No. 4 people get bored with your game here and hopefully the grown ups can discuss the thread topic. If not, cest la vie.

If Klavan said this about blacks he'd be called a racist:

"Leftism is bad for people. It makes them awful. The unwashed, ill-mannered, anti-Semitic, entitled, and now violent mobs littering various parts of the nation under the banner “Occupy” believe their ideas will lead to a better society — but they actually are the society their ideas lead to. Their behavior when compared to the polite, law-abiding, non-racist demonstrations of so-called tea partiers tells you everything you need to know about the end results of statism on the one hand and constitutional liberty on the other."
OP link.

FF loves this guy, no surprise there.

Funny he calls liberals anti-semitic. A fair number of liberals are Jews.

Okay Sky. You obviously came into this thread to disrupt it and you have succeeded. So I'll wait until you and the other No. 4 people get bored with your game here and hopefully the grown ups can discuss the thread topic. If not, cest la vie.

Bye whiner. Have fun when your RWNJ friends come back.

It's a poorly written article with Klavins own hypocrisy opinion. It just is. Second paragraph which you highlighted My first question who in the left is he talking about and what is this about the tea party being innocent of Crimes? Remember Gabby in Az who was shot?

His last paragraph starts with not everyone on the left is a miscreant? What?

Your poll shows that many are afraid of unchecked leftism. I think that is more interesting then the article.

Any unchecked political belief will destroy a country. ;)
How about we keep it simple as to Liberty of the individual?

I swear they don't get it at all.

I love what you have. You have a true republic. It's awesome.

Yeah, well, conservatives want freedom from the government. Liberals want the government to legislate them freedom from the cosmos. As long as they keep striving for a goal that will never happen, they will never get it.

It's a poorly written article with Klavins own hypocrisy opinion. It just is. Second paragraph which you highlighted My first question who in the left is he talking about and what is this about the tea party being innocent of Crimes? Remember Gabby in Az who was shot?

His last paragraph starts with not everyone on the left is a miscreant? What?

Your poll shows that many are afraid of unchecked leftism. I think that is more interesting then the article.

Gabby that was shot by a left wing loon?

Conservatives clearly are throwing stones while living in a glass house; they’re in no position to criticize liberals.

Amazingly enough, your personal opinion on this subject will stop no one at all from looking down with utter contempt on virtually every liberal who enters the public spotlight. Perhaps you guys should try being someone people respect, rather than merely demanding that we do so.

So setting their voting affiliations and/or self-described poltical group aside, what are they protesting Luissa? What solutions are they promoting? Leftist ones? Or conservative ones?
Most protests are about being liberal, because being conservative in the true sense of the word never brings change. If the revolutionist in our country had been true conservatives we would still be under British rule. And in today conservatives would view the Boston tea party as a bunch of ill mannered entitled protesters.
Why change was has worked...and just becuase a bunch of petulants that have a hard time running thier lives seek to destroy liberty of others by law, and at the point of a gun because they refuse to grow the Hell up and be responsible for themselves?

:eusa_hand:

Y'know, I was talking to this new guy who joined our coffee social today. He's in his second year of college, and he was telling me that he had just declared PoliSci as his major. I said, "With an eye toward doing what?" He stared at me blankly. I said, "What was it you were intending on doing after college?" He shrugged and said, "I don't know. I went without a major all last year, and they really wanted me to choose something, and I'm kinda interested in PoliSci, so . . . I might change it to Philosophy, I dunno." (This is a direct, verbatim quote.) At this point in the conversation, I thought, "Oh, yeah, here's another useless societal drain just looking for a park to camp out and shout slogans in."

Okay let's refocus here just a tad.

Klaven's observation used the Occupy groups versus the Tea Party to illustrate the behavior of people who tilt left (the Occupy groups) versus those who tilt right (the Tea Party and similar groups.)

Those on the right obey the law, are civil, polite, and considerate of the rights and property of others.

Those on the left are lawless, uncivil, impolite, inconsiderate of the right of others and destructive of property of others.

So what makes the difference unless it is the difference in thinking and concepts of personal responsibility between the left and right?

You forgot "those on the left think having a 'holy cause' justifies any primitive, savage behavior they want to indulge in; those on the right believe nothing justifies such behavior."

I think what modern conservatives are and what you think they are are two different things. ;)
Which is why when the tea party was taken over by modern conservatives we saw candidates like Palin and Herman Cain emerge.

I think hearing you tell a conservative that YOU are better able to define conservatism is even funnier than every OTHER lame attempt you make at sounding like an intelligent person.

Most protests are about being liberal, because being conservative in the true sense of the word never brings change. If the revolutionist in our country had been true conservatives we would still be under British rule. And in today conservatives would view the Boston tea party as a bunch of ill mannered entitled protesters.
Why change was has worked...and just becuase a bunch of petulants that have a hard time running thier lives seek to destroy liberty of others by law, and at the point of a gun because they refuse to grow the Hell up and be responsible for themselves?

Y'know, I was talking to this new guy who joined our coffee social today. He's in his second year of college, and he was telling me that he had just declared PoliSci as his major. I said, "With an eye toward doing what?" He stared at me blankly. I said, "What was it you were intending on doing after college?" He shrugged and said, "I don't know. I went without a major all last year, and they really wanted me to choose something, and I'm kinda interested in PoliSci, so . . . I might change it to Philosophy, I dunno." (This is a direct, verbatim quote.) At this point in the conversation, I thought, "Oh, yeah, here's another useless societal drain just looking for a park to camp out and shout slogans in."

Do you think that might be the reason that leftists conduct such socially unacceptable protests? (Socially unacceptable to anybody who isn't urging on the protesters of course.) Those protesting are just people who don't have a clue what they want to be when they grow up? But they have to do something and protesting for something they can't even identify is what they do?

But why are people like that so destructive and disrespectful to others?

And why are Tea Partiers who are very clear on what they want and why they want it not at all destructive and are quite respectful to others?

Several folks here have gone after me and/or conservatives in general for posting the thread and after Klaven for his remarks that form the OP. They've accused him of some ugly things and said his thesis was poorly written. But not a single one of them has offered anything to show why he is wrong in both his perceptions and conclusions.

The problem with the left's view of liberty is less liberty, all in the name of protecting liberty.
Less liberty as in defense of marriage act, denying women the right to abortion or even birth control, that kind of freedom?

Yes, liberals' idea of liberty is forcing others to accept and fund their own personal views of how the world should be and being allowed to kill those who are inconvenient to them. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last Monday, Andrew Klaven offered a mini essay that is particularly pertinent at this time of history given the social upheavals witnessed across the country.

I fully expect the numbnuts, wingnuts, and dingbats to immediately condemn his thesis and probably some right wingnuts will immediately applaud it without thinking.

But if we could keep this reasonably civil, I think there are some people who will actually consider whether he is right. Or whether his thesis is flawed and why.

The emphasis is mine and I took some liberties with the paragraphing hoping to make the text more readable.

Leftism is bad for people. It makes them awful.

The unwashed, ill-mannered, anti-Semitic, entitled, and now violent mobs littering various parts of the nation under the banner “Occupy” believe their ideas will lead to a better society — but they actually are the society their ideas lead to. Their behavior when compared to the polite, law-abiding, non-racist demonstrations of so-called tea partiers tells you everything you need to know about the end results of statism on the one hand and constitutional liberty on the other.

This is not, of course, to say that every left-winger is a miscreant but rather that the natural, indeed inevitable, result of statism is to produce nations of miscreants. When the state is permitted to make the individual’s moral choices, the individual is forced to become either a slave or a criminal; when the state is permitted to redistribute wealth, it chains the citizen into a rigid, two-tiered hierarchy of power rather than freedom’s fluid, multi-layered rankings of merit and chance; when the people are taught to be dependent on entitlements, they are reduced to violence when, inevitably, the entitlement well runs dry; when belief in the state usurps every higher creed, the people become apathetic, hedonistic, and uncreative and their culture slouches into oblivion.

I need hardly expend the energy required to lift my finger and point to Europe where cities burn because the unemployable are unemployed or because the hard-working won’t fund the debts of the indolent; where violent and despicable Islamism eats away portions of municipalities like a cancer while the authorities do nothing; where nations that once produced history’s greatest achievements in science and the arts can now no longer produce even enough human beings to sustain themselves.
Klavan On The Culture » What Leftism Does to People

What a pile of Pubcrappe. The young OWS, like the EUers, are victims and protestors of the greedy, lying, cheating PUBS and bankers. They are enabled by the dupes of the corrupt elites, the Pubs and bankers here and the elite and corrupt in Greece stand out.
Blaming dirty bums and the unemployed is ridiculous, only for brainwashed dittoheads. The world is aghast.:cuckoo::lol: Change the channel.

The problem with the left's view of liberty is less liberty, all in the name of protecting liberty.
Less liberty as in defense of marriage act, denying women the right to abortion or even birth control, that kind of freedom?

Yes, liberals' idea of liberty is forcing others to accept and fund their own personal views of how the world should be and being allowed to kill those who are inconvenient to them. Thanks for pointing that out.

You are on a roll...........

As soon as my reps are reloaded. You have a few coming.

You've just put your finger squarely on the reason I have most of the little twatmuffins on ignore: so I can go on discussing topics with the grown-ups and without their disruptions.

Of course the thread topic is that leftism seems to promote disorderly, rude, disruptive, offensive, and destructive behavior. Are we witnessing that on this thread do you think?

In case somebody in addition to Sky missed it. . . .

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it started about page 2 and by right wingers.
Of course, you don't address anything anyone says without a. Putting them down b. And not really addressing what they say.
In another post you talk about the left not being able to give a straight answer. All I see you doing is trying talk yourself out of a box.

Do you think that might be the reason that leftists conduct such socially unacceptable protests? (Socially unacceptable to anybody who isn't urging on the protesters of course.) Those protesting are just people who don't have a clue what they want to be when they grow up? But they have to do something and protesting for something they can't even identify is what they do?

But why are people like that so destructive and disrespectful to others?

And why are Tea Partiers who are very clear on what they want and why they want it not at all destructive and are quite respectful to others?

Several folks here have gone after me and/or conservatives in general for posting the thread and after Klaven for his remarks that form the OP. They've accused him of some ugly things and said his thesis was poorly written. But not a single one of them has offered anything to show why he is wrong in both his perceptions and conclusions.

Let's just say that there's a wide divide between those who are truly grown-up and those who are looking to feel grown-up.

Forum List

Back