What languages are best to learn ?

neurosport

Rookie
Mar 19, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I already know Russian ( my 1st language ) and English.

I recently started studying German, Spanish and Chinese

What languages do you think are best to learn ?

Do you think it would be useful to know Hebrew, French or Japanese ?

usually the best languages to learn are those of the most volatile areas of the world as that's where political interest and later business interests will be concentrated.

Native English, I'd say about semi-fluent in German. Speak little bits and pieces of dozens of other languages, but not enough to get by on.

I'm working on learning Loglan.

If you want to do humanitarian work, learn french and spanish. If you're interested in business, learn Chinese.

• Banned
If you want to do humanitarian work, learn french and spanish. If you're interested in business, learn Chinese.

i am interested in engineering, business, music and philosophy

i am studying German because of engineering ( BMW etc ) music ( Rammstein etc ) and philosophy ( Nietzsche etc )

Chinese because of business

Spanish because of North American Union

no interest in humanitarian work whatsoever - i don't even have any idea what humanitarian work is :)

Spanish is gonna be a must in the US. I personally think we should require it from 1st to 8th Grade along with English.

Retard, I do not care who supports something if it is needed and the correct path for the country. Even if we do not become a majority Hispanic Country by 2050, we will have a hell of a lot of them here thanks to amnesty for 20 million every couple years.

EVERYONE should be learning Spanish and English in school now from 1st to 8th Grade.

I am actualy learning Croatian at present to get my Dual Nationality, my Croatian wife is fluent in 7 languages.

Retard, I do not care who supports something if it is needed and the correct path for the country. Even if we do not become a majority Hispanic Country by 2050, we will have a hell of a lot of them here thanks to amnesty for 20 million every couple years.

EVERYONE should be learning Spanish and English in school now from 1st to 8th Grade.

fortunately Spanish is easy.

so easy even Mexicans can speak it.

fortunately Spanish is easy.

so easy even Mexicans can speak it.
I find in Miami that the AmericanMexicans I have spoken to have quite good English as a second language, (I dont know many Americans that have a second language) I find them easier to comprehend than people from say Brooklyn, there accents are very thick for a Brit.

Hindustani, Urdu, Punjabi, or Arabic. All are widely spoken and will (obviously) come in handy if you travel in their corresponding regions.

Spanish is gonna be a must in the US. I personally think we should require it from 1st to 8th Grade along with English.

If they want kids to really learn a second language I could never figure out why they wait until they're in 7th grade (that's when they start here). They should start in K when kid's brains are much more easily able to absorb this. Then they'd actually learn a second language.

If they want kids to really learn a second language I could never figure out why they wait until they're in 7th grade (that's when they start here). They should start in K when kid's brains are much more easily able to absorb this. Then they'd actually learn a second language.

i would give priority to math and physics over languages ...

kids should be taught physics starting age ... say ... 4

Forum List

Back