What kinds of voter fraud would photo ID stop?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City

A) When someone claims to be a dead voter.

This is fixed quite easily by another method - remove dead voters from the rolls. Fixing the problem that way prevents anyone from voting for that person even if they have a passable fake ID.

B) Claiming to be someone who has moved

This is fixed by cross coordination between voting districts - if when you register to vote elsewhere the voting authority in your new home informs the voting authority in your old home that you have registered with them, the voting authority at your old place can remove you from the rolls.

C) Claiming to be someone who is alive and a resident in that precinct-

How often does this happen? Its kinda a stupid thing to do entirely, because if the real voter shows up before you do - you're busted! Are there any cases of this happening?

A & B can not only be prevented without asking for ID - they can more effectively be prevented. If you have an ID law - people can still vote for dead people if they have a good enough fake ID - if you remove the dead person from the rolls, then it doesn't matter how good their fake is!

There are more effective ways to prevent most of the kinda of voter fraud that a photo ID law would prevent. Republicans aren't really interested in stopping fraud, though, they are interested in increasing the odds Romney and other righties will win, and that's it.

Last edited:

This is fixed quite easily by another method - remove dead voters from the rolls. Fixing the problem that way prevents anyone from voting for that person even if they have a passable fake ID.

This is fixed by cross coordination between voting districts - if when you register to vote elsewhere the voting authority in your new home informs the voting authority in your old home that you have registered with them, the voting authority at your old place can remove you from the rolls.

How often does this happen? Its kinda a stupid thing to do entirely, because if the real voter shows up before you do - you're busted! Are there any cases of this happening?

A & B can not only be prevented without asking for ID - they can more effectively be prevented. If you have an ID law - people can still vote for dead people if they have a good enough fake ID - if you remove the dead person from the rolls, then it doesn't matter how good their fake is!

There are more effective ways to prevent most of the kinda of voter fraud that a photo ID law would prevent. Republicans aren't really interested in stopping fraud, though, they are interested in increasing the odds Romney and other righties will win, and that's it.

i dont get it when the left proposes something even if wrong lefties say at least they are doing something when teh GOP does something its always wrong. At least they are stopping dead people from voting. Boohoo for the left.

i dont get it when the left proposes something even if wrong lefties say at least they are doing something when teh GOP does something its always wrong. At least they are stopping dead people from voting. Boohoo for the left.

No they aren't. All you need is a fake ID to vote for a dead person with photo ID laws. Do you think someone willing to commit an act of voter fraud has a problem with committing an act of ID fraud?

Onnonotthisshitagain.jpg

What kinds of voter fraud would photo ID's stop? Let's see... People voting multiple times impersonating dead people, illegal aliens who are ineligible to vote in the first place, and the best part -keeping Democrats from getting elected... Because we all know the said examples I gave are not going to vote any other way BUT Democrat.

What kinds of voter fraud would photo ID's stop? Let's see... People voting multiple times impersonating dead people
Read the OP much?

Also - if you want to stop people voting multiple times - the Iraqis had this stuff called purple ink.

, illegal aliens who are ineligible to vote in the first place,
How on Earth will a voter ID law change that? Take a look at your driver's license - does it say whether or not you're a citizen? Mine doesn't.
and the best part -keeping Democrats from getting elected... Because we all know the said examples I gave are not going to vote any other way BUT Democrat.
So you admit the voter ID law is not party neutral, that it is in fact designed to provide advantage to the Republican party - and yet you can't figure out how wrong that is. That's really, really sad.

Voters with names like OohPooPahDoo

If the average poll worker can't figure out that's a fake name you think they'll be able to spot a fake ID?

oh come on most are volunteers hve some common sense man they arent checking every name

? Where the fuck do you vote? Where I vote they check every name - they don't where you vote? One poll worker reads off my name, spells it, and then reads my name again to another poll worker. The first one has me sign in the book he or she read from and the 2nd one writes my name down on a list. Sorry but if you can't spot a name like "OohPooPahDoo" as a fake with that kind of process, then they are brain dead and there is zero chance they will spot a fake ID.

What kinds of voter fraud would photo ID's stop? Let's see... People voting multiple times impersonating dead people
Read the OP much?

Also - if you want to stop people voting multiple times - the Iraqis had this stuff called purple ink.

, illegal aliens who are ineligible to vote in the first place,
How on Earth will a voter ID law change that? Take a look at your driver's license - does it say whether or not you're a citizen? Mine doesn't.
and the best part -keeping Democrats from getting elected... Because we all know the said examples I gave are not going to vote any other way BUT Democrat.
So you admit the voter ID law is not party neutral, that it is in fact designed to provide advantage to the Republican party - and yet you can't figure out how wrong that is. That's really, really sad.

It doesn't matter which party benefits by restricting illegal votes. The bottom line is that ALL Americans benefit when only legal votes are counted.

It is idiotic to propose that illegal votes should not be eliminated simply because that would help the Republican party. Gawd almighty and WTF?

Makes me want to put on my old Marine Corps 11 EEE boots and kick the closest public school teacher in the ass.

From where I sit, most White people do not object to voter ID, but most Blacks do. I will therefore surmise that Whites, as a group, care more about proper, legal elections than most Blacks. If Blacks think it's to much of an imposition to get a voter ID (they are in fact very easy to get), perhaps Blacks have a problem with living in a lawful society.

Yes, I am a card carrying, flag waiving USDA certified racist, the kind of racist who expects that Blacks be held to the same level of conduct as Whites, the kind of racist who believes Blacks should not receive any benefit or advantage of any kind whatsoever based solely upon the color of their skin.

If Blacks are unwilling to take a few minutes out of their lives to help protect the integrity of the elections process, then...well, fuck them.

I see Dead People!!! Why did the DOJ try to stop Florida from purging it's dead people?? What does that tell you???

Florida's purging process was deeply flawed, so much so that one of the primary objectors to the purging process they were using was the election commissioner of a Republican district.

What does THAT tell you?

Forum List

Back