What kind of woman feels no love for the baby she carries in her womb?

Now, I do not defend liberal women who do not want to bear the next generation.

But, you should never say a woman should love a rapist's child. That to me is a moral obscenity.

If there is any obscenity, it is in the idea that an innocent child is undeserving of not only his mother's love, but of his very life, because of a crime committed by his father, in which this child had no willing part. That is truly an evil and obscene position for you to take.

It is not for you to say or judge what a women should feel. You cannot understand what it is like to be pregnant, not at any stage of the pregnancy.

If men got pregnant, abortion would be a right without question. They would cling to it as strongly as gun nuts cling to the 2nd Amendment.

Men are quite capable of being in positions where one can benefit from murder or theft; yet we do not enshrine murder or theft as rights (with the exception of abortion).

With natural selection having endowed us with a considerable libido, and a propensity for aggression, we men would have a motive to want a right to commit rape, yet we have not refashioned this as a right, and very few would argue for doing so.

The abortion issue is not about men versus women; it is about ethics and morals versus murderous sociopathy.
What a monumental load of bullshit.

Just putting this open ended question out there....

How much trust would you have in a woman like that?
This hypothetical situation does not present enough data.

1 - how did the fetus get there? Rape? Incest? Tryst? Family planning?

2 - is the babe married or shacked up or single?

I might think she is a poor planner. If she was raped and the guy isn't in prison then I would assume she has no sense of social duty.

It's not like she is going to tell anybody that she had an abortion anyways. My wife and I have had unprotected sex for 10 years and haven't had a child. For all I know she could have had 20 abortions. Who knows? I don't think this is something that women brag about.

This hypothetical situation does not present enough data.

1 - how did the fetus get there? Rape? Incest? Tryst? Family planning?

2 - is the babe married or shacked up or single?

Feel free to give us answers for each scenario.

The abortion issue is not about men versus women; it is about ethics and morals versus murderous sociopathy.
Yes, it's about ethics, and YOUR beliefs about it AND other related issues.
Telling a woman you don't know what to do about her own body is unethical ...
unless she asks for your opinion or assistance.

Telling a woman you don't know what to do about her own body is unethical ...

Certainly the most basic ethical principle of all is that it is not acceptable, under any but the extreme and unusual circumstances, to intentionally take the life of an innocent human being. This shouldn't even be a matter of any controversy among sane, decent people.

What kind of women? Drug addicts, prostitutes, alcoholics, mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, and the list goes on.

I think presidential candidates is on the list....

Sally Miller discussing Hillary...

"Um, they were advised by some international advisors, call it political advisors, that they needed for Hillary to drop the Rodham and become a Clinton; because she insisted on the Hillary Rodham. They said that doesn't go in a small state like Arkansas, and it doesn't go on the national stage if you have that on your mind. And you got to have a family because it doesn't look right for you to have a separate name and no children; but they got the baby situation worked out: one child. But he said it was hell to live with her while she was pregnant, because she didn't want to be pregnant; she didn't want children. And that tells me something about a woman, when she's more important than the baby she's carrying. It tells me a lot. You know, she's a very strong advocate for feminists, and she's very big on killing babies in the womb, even late term abortions. If I were a young person today, I would not use her as my role model. She's got a coldness that tells me if this country gets in dire straights, if we got in a civil war, if we were invaded by the enemy, she wouldn't care about protecting the innocent, the young. She'd be protected and all her political friends."

Dolly Kyle said the same thing in her recently released book Hillary The Other Woman. Kyle is from Little Rock and knew "Billy" (as she calls him) from a young age, graduated from HS with him, also admits to being one of his on-again, off-again lovers both before and during Hillary. Interesting read - personally and politically.

He wanted children, she didn't. Think back over the pictures during the Clinton WH years ... who was holding Chelsea's hand ... smiling ... looking happy?

Telling a woman that you don't know what to do about her own body is unethical ...
Certainly the most basic ethical principle of all is that it is not acceptable, under any but the extreme and unusual circumstances, to intentionally take the life of an innocent human being. This shouldn't even be a matter of any controversy among sane, decent people.
It is YOUR belief that your so-called "innocent human being" inside the body of someone you do not know is comparable to an independent person.
It is MY belief that a fetus and esp embryo are not anyone's business except the family involved, and i consider my belief sane & decent, more so than your belief.
Likewise, my belief is more ethical than yours.

It is YOUR belief that your so-called "innocent human being" inside the body of someone you do not know is comparable to an independent person.
It is MY belief that a fetus and esp embryo are not anyone's business except the family involved, and i consider my belief sane & decent, more so than your belief.

Just as it is my belief that black people are humans, just the same as white people—a premise that our forbears denied, in order to excuse slavery and other abuses against black people.

History is replete with groups who denied the humanity of other groups,in order to justify widespread human-rights abuses.

You are no better than they.

Just as it is my belief that black people are humans, just the same as white people—a premise that our forbears denied, in order to excuse slavery and other abuses against black people.
History is replete with groups who denied the humanity of other groups, in order to justify widespread human-rights abuses.
You are no better than they.
I agree with your comments above, except for your last sentence in light of my agreement.

And I'll raise you one. I also believe all mentally healthy INDIVIDUALS deserve LIBERTY, regardless of where in the world they were born.
I would extend that to many, if not most, non-human animals.

Think about a woman who got pregnant after being raped.
Of course she feels no love for that baby :)

That was my line of reasoning. But I put it to a group of live people the other day, and they noted that it's a person and a life and shouldn't be mistreated based on others' sins.

Forum List

Back