What kind of vehicle do you drive?

i ALWAYS WANTED A 6000 SUX

Ron Miller is holding City Hall hostage to get an old job back and Lt. Hedgecock is negotiating from outside with a bullhorn]

Lt Hedgecock: Okay Miller! Don't hurt the mayor! We'll give you what you want!

Miller: First, don't fuck with me. I'm a desperate man! And second, I want some fresh coffee. And third, I want a recount! And no matter how it turns out, I want my old job back!

Lt Hedgecock: Okay.

Miller: And I want a bigger office! And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!

Lt Hedgecock: What kind of car, Miller?

Miller: Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast, and gets really shitty gas mileage! Alright.

Lt Hedgecock: How about a 6000 SUX?

Miller: Yeah! Okay, sure! What about cruise control? Does it come with cruise control?

Lt Hedgecock: Hey, no problem, Miller. You let the mayor go, we'll even throw in a Blaupunkt!

RoboCop (1987) - Memorable quotes

Last edited:
Midnight, I have a question for you:

I drive a 2006 RAV4 which I pay $350 a month for.

Am I:

1) Stupid

2) Dumb

3) A Blonde
Neither.

Unnecessarily in debt.

And, you're not in here knocking other people's rides either.

Well, it was necessary for me to be in debt for a car, since I need a reliable one to drive the 50 mile round trip to my job, and tote my daughter around. And since I didn't have a spare $18,000 in the bank, getting a car loan was the only way for me to get a car.
That's all too common. Nothing wrong with it, just not how I roll.

Am I:

1) Stupid

2) Dumb

3) A Blonde
Neither.

Unnecessarily in debt.

Well, it was necessary for me to be in debt for a car, since I need a reliable one to drive the 50 mile round trip to my job, and tote my daughter around. And since I didn't have a spare $18,000 in the bank, getting a car loan was the only way for me to get a car.

Are you too good to take a bus?

Boo hoo!

I wasn't in here knocking anyone's vehicles, until the idiot stick with the $400 a month, vanity plate rice grinder started knocking mine.

You don't have to like it. And you can stop whining about it, if you want. I don't really care which.

Is the 'rice grinder' a Rav 4? If so, they're pretty damn cool. My wife loves hers.
I am sure she does. And someone sure loves the payments too.

I happen to love my truck. It's given me 11 years of great service, not so much as a flat tire. Good gas mileage. It's still got good book value, hasn't a dent or a scratch on it, no rust, nothing. And NO payments.

Her Rav is bought and paid for, as is my RAM. Both were bought with at least 10 years use in mind. And no payments sure does make a difference.

Neither.

Unnecessarily in debt.

Then you'd have to change your conclusion that she is not "unnecessarily in debt".

If she had used credit to purchase a Ferrari to park in the driveway to wash on the weekends and was paying $3,000 a month...that would be "unnecessarily in debt".

Then you'd have to change your conclusion that she is not "unnecessarily in debt".

If she had used credit to purchase a Ferrari to park in the driveway to wash on the weekends and was paying $3,000 a month...that would be "unnecessarily in debt".
We have different definitions of "unnecessary" debt. To me, all debt is unnecessary. Anyone in debt IS unnecessarily so.

But I am not knocking it, that's how most people actually roll.

Is the 'rice grinder' a Rav 4? If so, they're pretty damn cool. My wife loves hers.

I happen to love my truck. It's given me 11 years of great service, not so much as a flat tire. Good gas mileage. It's still got good book value, hasn't a dent or a scratch on it, no rust, nothing. And NO payments.

Her Rav is bought and paid for, as is my RAM. Both were bought with at least 10 years use in mind. And no payments sure does make a difference.
Now you're talking!

...but happy.

Ferrari10.jpg

Now you're talking!

But I'm in a lucky position to be able to do that.

I noticed there is a lot of people who drive toyota's here. Interesting!
And the one Plymouth Valiant guy..... He's probably got the best deal of any of us. Good solid machine, good on gas, and since the car's grandfathered in he doesn't have to wear his seat belts!

Just so long as he knows in advance that those lugnuts on the passenger side are reverse threads!

Last edited:

Am I:

1) Stupid

2) Dumb

3) A Blonde
Neither.

Unnecessarily in debt.

You're a liar. But, lets's see if I can break it down for you AGAIN.

That you drive a Ford is of no concern to me. That it's an F150 is also of no concern to me. That it's 11 years old is ALSO of no concern to me. That you have no truck payments is also of no concern to me. In fact, none of that is the least bit amusing to me, or even worthy of discussion.

That you're sitting IN it flipping off the world, while sitting on here calling a Ford 150 a "badass" vehicle like some 20-something year old hooptey f*ck pretending to be better than he actually is is absolutely HILARIOUS to me.

Do I *really* need to post pictures of a "badass" truck for you to see the difference?

I trust at 50-something years old (I assume), you still possess just enough brain cells to know the difference now?

I drove it around l'Arc de la Triumph, no less. ;)

So you were the bitch that ran over my foot!
Was that you. Bob? I was aiming to put out that lit Gauloise you tossed on the pavement and must have inadvertently run over your foot as well. My apologies. Let me know if I can give you a lift anywhere while your foot heals.

Gotta warn you though, no smoking in my Cinquecento. :tongue:

The problem with the auto industry today can be traced directly back to the second world war. If the US had not let the nips surrender, you could have nuked them back to the age of stone chopsticks and they would have never been able to attack you again with their small zipperhead cars that you bump your head in every time you roll over a pebble.

My wife drives a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe. She loves it. I drive a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado extended cab Z71 pick-up. I like it alot.

The problem with the auto industry today can be traced directly back to the second world war. If the US had not let the nips surrender, you could have nuked them back to the age of stone chopsticks and they would have never been able to attack you again with their small zipperhead cars that you bump your head in every time you roll over a pebble.

Ahhhh yes. A true 'Murkin...............idiots.
I s'pose you never drove or rode in a Lexus, Acura or Honda Accord LS ? I know. Them thar trailer payments, Moose lodge membership fees, and lot rent for the trailer hurt.

Forum List

Back