What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Current mode of vehicular transportation: 2006 Buick. I love it. I spend about $1000 a year on it for tires, new catalytic converters (don't run your cars on empty, folks. Bad idea...but my Honda would go 90 miles on empty, and I haven't reached true empty on the Buick yet).

Current mode of equine transportation: 1990 Polish bred Arab mare.

But looking for an extended cab Dodge or Chevy (or GMC) pickup in the near future.

In addition to the Buick. Gotta be big enough to haul a 3-horse trailer without breaking down.

I've been car-free for the past 6 months :) The main mode of transportation for me at this moment is public transportation (metro, train, bus) and my fixed-gear bikey (that I'm still too uncomfortable to ride around very often - I'm working on it though)... I love living in a place where one doesn't need a car... it's ... great :)

Yes, compounds are wonderful.

Myself, I prefer the wide open spaces, where a bicycle is great fun for exercise, but you need a horse or a car to actually get anywhere.

I think you'd like Stockholm :) It's such a pretty city - with lots of pretty people :) And they have many parks and a lot of waterfront, since the Stockholm archipelago contains about 30 000 islands :) Some islands are only nature... most islands are accessible by public transportation... I love it here, summer in Stockholm is so effin' beautiful.

In Atlanta, I used to have silver 2000 Honda Civic Hatchback (2door) with manual shift... I loved that car - nothing ever went wrong with it and it had an excellent mileage...

And beauty is only skin deep. You guys could suffer from radioactive fallout and your faces might fall off tomorrow. It's best to worry about inner beauty, and not worship at the footstool of physical beauty.

So you were the bitch that ran over my foot!
Was that you. Bob? I was aiming to put out that lit Gauloise you tossed on the pavement and must have inadvertently run over your foot as well. My apologies. Let me know if I can give you a lift anywhere while your foot heals.

Gotta warn you though, no smoking in my Cinquecento. :tongue:

Six months to the day since my last cigarette! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

As well you should, chum, as well you should.

Congrats!

I think you'd like Stockholm :) It's such a pretty city - with lots of pretty people :) And they have many parks and a lot of waterfront, since the Stockholm archipelago contains about 30 000 islands :) Some islands are only nature... most islands are accessible by public transportation... I love it here, summer in Stockholm is so effin' beautiful.

I was in Stockholm a month ago. Its a beautiful city. Everyone has this aura of detached cool.

I'm not mocking you because you don't have a car payment.
I never said you were mocking me. And you know that. Your natural tendency to LIE creeps in again.

I said, you are mocking my PAID OFF vehicle, like an idiot, while YOU are paying $400 a month for your new one, like an idiot slave!

I AM mocking idiots like you, who are paying $400 a month for a fucking vehicle, and are somehow proud of that.

liar

mocking those who are not in debt

But looking for an extended cab Dodge or Chevy (or GMC) pickup in the near future.

I have an '08 RAM 1500 SLT. The box is slightly longer than competitors at 6-ft, but I've had to trade off comfort in the rear seats, which are somewhat more upright than others and have a bit less legroom. A few other things annoy me as well, but they are fairly minor.

I envy the comfort of the rear seats in the F-150 that a friend of mine has, but his bed is 6" shorter and one doesn't really have 'rear seat comfort' as a key criterion when one buys a truck, particularly if one uses it to haul lumber as I do.

That said, I got friends and family pricing on my Dodge, which I couldn't have got on a Ford or GM product. That fact alone made a new $36,000 truck only $22,000. I can trade a little rear seat comfort for $14k.

There are a couple of USMB posters who get around on one of these.

Kitchen_Broom.jpg

Forum List

Back