What Kind of State in Israel?

Five million Jews think their G-d gave them the right to rule over six million Arabs.

Where did you get your math degree, University of clowns?:lol::lol::lol:

georgie I am curious too-----I was born in the USA----I am uhm "middle aged"
--daughter of jewish parents also born in the USA----and educated in pubic schools from
kindergarten thru college --------uhm----can you provide some non specific aspects of
yourself --------we know that Lipush is in Israel and----probably speaks spanish----
and may even eat FRIJOLES (did I spell that correctly lipshi?)----I was a biology major
in college WAY BACK THEN. Knowing a bit of a person's background helps one
understand his POV--------yours, I might add------seems a bit weird----as if you have
no basis for "KNOWING" ----but just ASSUME ----based on---nothing
Since Georgie Boy never wants to give away any of his background when asked, for all we know he was one of those who left Iran after the Revolution (and is probably retired now since he has plenty of time to stay on the message board and jump right in to respond to posts), moved to Los Angeles like many Iranian Muslims did, but still hates the Jews and Israel just like many of the Iranian Muslims living here. I heard years ago from someone who was in the rug business that now that the Jewish rug dealers have left Iran, the Muslims have taken over. For all we know, if Georgie Boy had stayed, he might be a successful rug dealer in Tehran right now.

Five million Jews think their G-d gave them the right to rule over six million Arabs.

Where did you get your math degree, University of clowns?:lol::lol::lol:

georgie I am curious too-----I was born in the USA----I am uhm "middle aged"
--daughter of jewish parents also born in the USA----and educated in pubic schools from
kindergarten thru college --------uhm----can you provide some non specific aspects of
yourself --------we know that Lipush is in Israel and----probably speaks spanish----
and may even eat FRIJOLES (did I spell that correctly lipshi?)----I was a biology major
in college WAY BACK THEN. Knowing a bit of a person's background helps one
understand his POV--------yours, I might add------seems a bit weird----as if you have
no basis for "KNOWING" ----but just ASSUME ----based on---nothing
Rosie...I was born in Michigan in 1947 and have lived in southern California for the last sixty-plus years. Public education from K-14.
How do you "know" Israel has a "right" to rule over all of Palestine?

georgephillip, et al,

The reverse and the inverse of this question are just as valid.

(COMMENT)

• How do you know that Israel does not have the right to rule over the area it now controls?
  • How do you know the Arabs have the right to rule?

The weakness here, of course, is that establishing a "right to rule" is entirely the wrong question. Prior to Israeli control, the region was under French and British Mandates. Prior to the Western Mandates, the entire region was under the Ottoman Empire for nearly 400 years; and the Empire of the Mamluks for 200 years before that.

I'm not saying that the Palestinians don't have a legitimate grievance, but under the rights of conquest, they clearly have not established the "right to rule."

Residency, that is a different matter. Land holdings, that is a different matter. But an inherent right, or a moral or ethnically bound "right;" they don't have. Palestine, as a region, but never a country, has been conquered more so than almost any other region of the world.

This Arab-Israeli conflict is a dispute over a question that has no answer. Neither side is completely right or wrong. But they argue as if territorial rule has some historic foundation; from ancient occupations. Well, that is faulty; and the 21st Century Palestinian Arab should be thankful. Because if we were still using the rights of conquest today, Israel has it.

This religious and ethnical base bickering needs to stop. But I don't think either culture is intellectually set to resolve their differences.

Most Respectfully,
R

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

• How do you know that Israel does not have the right to rule over the area it now controls?

The weakness here, of course, is that establishing a "right to rule" is entirely the wrong question. Prior to Israeli control, the region was under French and British Mandates. Prior to the Western Mandates, the entire region was under the Ottoman Empire for nearly 400 years; and the Empire of the Mamluks for 200 years before that.

I'm not saying that the Palestinians don't have a legitimate grievance, but under the rights of conquest, they clearly have not established the "right to rule."

Residency, that is a different matter. Land holdings, that is a different matter. But an inherent right, or a moral or ethnically bound "right;" they don't have. Palestine, as a region, but never a country, has been conquered more so than almost any other region of the world.

This Arab-Israeli conflict is a dispute over a question that has no answer. Neither side is completely right or wrong. But they argue as if territorial rule has some historic foundation; from ancient occupations. Well, that is faulty; and the 21st Century Palestinian Arab should be thankful. Because if we were still using the rights of conquest today, Israel has it.

This religious and ethnical base bickering needs to stop. But I don't think either culture is intellectually set to resolve their differences.

Most Respectfully,
R

wrong yet again Rocky...I find it mildly amusing that Israeli-sympathizers pontificate endlessly about the details of the conflict-history they scarcely begin to comprehend....let me help you out here: 13 successive centuries of residence are all the "rights' you need....does this kind of register in any of those clouded recesses of your ape-like mind??? European Jews had zero claim to these lands----zero claim....let me say it again so it resonates---ZERO FKG CLAIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here Rocco expresses himself so politely, and Skitzo begins his ranting and raving act like a maniac who should be caged. Who said all those Arabs were in the area all that time when so many came from the surrounding countries like Egypt for jobs that the Jews had for them, the same thing that you see happening today in our own country and in Europe when people from poorer countries come for the better opportunities.

artfulcodger, et al,

Where I have my home, has very little to do with the issue of sovereignty or territorial control.

wrong yet again Rocky...I find it mildly amusing that Israeli-sympathizers pontificate endlessly about the details of the conflict-history they scarcely begin to comprehend....let me help you out here: 13 successive centuries of residence are all the "rights' you need....does this kind of register in any of those clouded recesses of your ape-like mind??? European Jews had zero claim to these lands----zero claim....let me say it again so it resonates---ZERO FKG CLAIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(COMMENT)

I own my home, and it is in the City of Reynoldsburg, State of Ohio, USA. But if the State of Ohio dissolves the city charter and folds it over into the City of Columbus, then I live in Columbus.

If the US sells that State of Ohio to Canada, or Canada invades and captures Ohio (why they would want it --- I wouldn't know), then I live in Canada. Land Grants, property ownership, historical residence have nothing to do with the national sovereignty.

Ohio is an American-Indian name. This entire region (The Ohio Valley) was once Shawnee Indians territory, then Iroquois territory. My house sets not 20 miles from sacred Indian Burial Grounds. But neither the Indians, or the French, or even the British that once controlled this valley are anywhere to be seen. But for thousands of years, the American Indian lived on this land. Now I live here.

National sovereignty (under what system of government the land is ruled) is something entirely different than what you are talking about; a much different thing. Other than nice to know trivia, "13 successive centuries of residence" get you nothing in term of national sovereignty.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
artfulcodger, et al,

Where I have my home, has very little to do with the issue of sovereignty or territorial control.

(COMMENT)

I own my home, and it is in the City of Reynoldsburg, State of Ohio, USA. But if the State of Ohio dissolves the city charter and folds it over into the City of Columbus, then I live in Columbus.

If the US sells that State of Ohio to Canada, or Canada invades and captures Ohio (why they would want it --- I wouldn't know), then I live in Canada. Land Grants, property ownership, historical residence have nothing to do with the national sovereignty.

Ohio is an American-Indian name. This entire region (The Ohio Valley) was once Shawnee Indians territory, then Iroquois territory. My house sets not 20 miles from sacred Indian Burial Grounds. But neither the Indians, or the French, or even the British that once controlled this valley are anywhere to be seen. But for thousands of years, the American Indian lived on this land. Now I live here.

National sovereignty (under what system of government the land is ruled) is something entirely different than what you are talking about; a much different thing. Other than nice to know trivia, "13 successive centuries of residence" get you nothing in term of national sovereignty.

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, but let us say that Canada comes across Lake Erie and occupies Ohio. Until such time that there is an agreement between the US and Canada ceding that land, it still belongs to the US.

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
R:

Israel has definitely conquered Palestine; however, the Jews had a little help beginning with Lord Balfour and Sir Ronald Storrs:

"Sir Ronald Storrs, the first Governor of Jerusalem, certainly had no illusions about what a 'Jewish homeland' in Palestine meant for the British Empire: 'It will form for England,” he said, “a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.'”

Arms sales and oil sales seem to prop up the Jewish State today in much the same way Sir Ronald (and Lord Rothschild) envisioned a century ago. It's barely possible to imagine that Jews and Arabs could have decided the "right to rule" issue at the ballot box in 1948, but it's impossible to imagine western imperial interests would have tolerated their decision.

BTW, your willingness to discuss these matters in a civil fashion is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the asylum, R.

Divide and Conquer as Imperial Rules | FPIF

In your own words:

"Biography
A white male recently "retired" afte working 44 years in assorted minimum wage level jobs."

Who is going to take your opinion serious. Only uneducated and clueless people can't rise above minimum wage! Sorry but few will take a person like you who wasted his entire life seriously!

Two core questions that need to be answered: what kind of state is Israel and "who are the Palestinians that state is in conflict with?"

The CounterPunch POV:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character.

"Passing a test of Jewishness entitles someone to Israeli citizenship regardless of where in the world she lives.

"Furthermore, her citizenship comes with a bundle of political, social and economic rights which are preferential to that of citizens who do not qualify as Jewish.

"This inbuilt discriminatory premise highlights the apartheid nature of the state. But apartheid is not an accidental feature of Israel. Its very creation involved immense injustice and suffering."

Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

You mad bro? Hahaha ya you're mad :lol:
Who was the first king or ruler of the great Palestine that you say existed for so long? Surely you can answer that

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

You mad bro? Hahaha ya you're mad :lol:
Who was the first king or ruler of the great Palestine that you say existed for so long? Surely you can answer that

It is the people who are sovereign not a government.

In your own words:

"Biography
A white male recently "retired" afte working 44 years in assorted minimum wage level jobs."

Who is going to take your opinion serious. Only uneducated and clueless people can't rise above minimum wage! Sorry but few will take a person like you who wasted his entire life seriously!

Two core questions that need to be answered: what kind of state is Israel and "who are the Palestinians that state is in conflict with?"

The CounterPunch POV:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character.

"Passing a test of Jewishness entitles someone to Israeli citizenship regardless of where in the world she lives.

"Furthermore, her citizenship comes with a bundle of political, social and economic rights which are preferential to that of citizens who do not qualify as Jewish.

"This inbuilt discriminatory premise highlights the apartheid nature of the state. But apartheid is not an accidental feature of Israel. Its very creation involved immense injustice and suffering."

Care to respond to any content, Aristotle?

"The real challenge for change is a long-term one, the fact of the matter is that last week’s war is a concentrated version of what happens throughout as a result of the settler-colonial project...."

"Miriyam Aouragh is a researcher and lecturer in Oriental and Middle East Studies at Oxford University. She is currently living and working in Palestine."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/11/30/pillars-or-pandoras/

Last edited:
Lets play ADVOCATE and accept the TINNIE/GEORGIE---rights of residence

I am all for it assuming it becomes a
UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLE
The people who have resided LONG
in "A LAND" have rights of owner-
ship over new comers and certainly
over aggressors

where does the TINNIE/GEORGIE
principle being us? Lets
examine the INDIAN SUBCONTINENT--
Hindus were in India for some
? 5000 years before the dogs of
outer mongolia invaded---thus
india is ALL HINDU----in fact even
jews were in India before the dogs
got there---and some christians

Lets examine Iran
well----zoroastrians----still enough
in MUMBAI and in ISRAEL and a few
even hiding out in Iran----and
~~~ whatyakno~~~ JEWS AGAIN
enough to take over

Jerusalem--and Hebron----sorry boys~~
fact is jews never left----always at least
a few hiding out in the holy cities
Safed too

uhm EGYPT----well jews and CHRISTIANS
WIN AGAIN

shall we move on? Afganistan---hindus,
buddhists, jews and christians

The CounterPunch POV:

I cannot help but add that Israel is a State that makes a practice out of killing Palestinians/nonJewish residents of Palestine.

Btslem dats shows Israel has killed over 8000 Palestinians, the majority civilians, that includes overr 1000 Palestinian children since the onset of The First Intifada in December of 1987.

Human rights groups write reports calling these civilian killings and child killings unlawful under The Fourth Geneva Convention and war crimes. See Amnesty and Human Rights Watch websites for their many reports.

Sherri

The CounterPunch POV:

I cannot help but add that Israel is a State that makes a practice out of killing Palestinians/nonJewish residents of Palestine.

Btslem dats shows Israel has killed over 8000 Palestinians, the majority civilians, that includes overr 1000 Palestinian children since the onset of The First Intifada in December of 1987.

Human rights groups write reports calling these civilian killings and child killings unlawful under The Fourth Geneva Convention and war crimes. See Amnesty and Human Rights Watch websites for their many reports.

Sherri
Call 911 and state your complaint.

artfulcodger, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

OK, but let us say that Canada comes across Lake Erie and occupies Ohio. Until such time that there is an agreement between the US and Canada ceding that land, it still belongs to the US.

And the UN Charter does not recognize the legitimacy of the acquisition of territory by military conquest!

artfulcodger, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

And the UN Charter does not recognize the legitimacy of the acquisition of territory by military conquest!
Who cares?

The CounterPunch POV:

Sherri
Call 911 and state your complaint.

Soon, Israeli child killers and civilian slaughterers are going to be hauled before The Hague and they are going to answer for their crimes!

I cannot wait to see that day, come!

Let it Come soon, Lord, come soon!

sherri has supplied her background---clearly self describing herself as HEIRESS to the filth of the "holy" roman empire. The roman empire, pre CONSTANTINE was extremly brutal ----but it was CONSTANTINE who impregnated it with the filth which is sherri---his filth was codified by his grandson ---in the JUSTINIAN CODE----which forms the basis for that which sherri likes best----the genocides of
HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS by the "ISA RESPECTERS"----an ongoing affair in the hands of the ISA RESPECTERS who also are MUHUMMAD RESPECTERS. but repudiated by MOST CHRISTIANS of today.~~~~
~~~~some remain~~~ one of sherri's notable heroes recently died>>>"dr" Aribert Ferdinand Heim aka Tarek Hussein Farid
she apes his writing "style" and general style

Forum List

Back