What Kind of State in Israel?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Two core questions that need to be answered: what kind of state is Israel and "who are the Palestinians that state is in conflict with?"

The CounterPunch POV:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character.

"Passing a test of Jewishness entitles someone to Israeli citizenship regardless of where in the world she lives.

"Furthermore, her citizenship comes with a bundle of political, social and economic rights which are preferential to that of citizens who do not qualify as Jewish.

"This inbuilt discriminatory premise highlights the apartheid nature of the state. But apartheid is not an accidental feature of Israel. Its very creation involved immense injustice and suffering."

Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Two core questions that need to be answered: what kind of state is Israel and "who are the Palestinians that state is in conflict with?"

The CounterPunch POV:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character.

"Passing a test of Jewishness entitles someone to Israeli citizenship regardless of where in the world she lives.

"Furthermore, her citizenship comes with a bundle of political, social and economic rights which are preferential to that of citizens who do not qualify as Jewish.

"This inbuilt discriminatory premise highlights the apartheid nature of the state. But apartheid is not an accidental feature of Israel. Its very creation involved immense injustice and suffering."

Counterpunch = Yellow Journalism

Yellow journalism | Define Yellow journalism at Dictionary.com

The CounterPunch POV:

Your link:

"yellow journalism

"'sensational chauvinism in the media,' 1898, Amer.Eng. from newspaper agitation for war with Spain; originally 'publicity stunt use of colored ink' (1895) in ref. to the popular 'Yellow Kid'character (his clothes were yellow) in Richard Outcault's comic strip 'Shantytown' in the 'New York World.'"

Please point out the "sensational chauvinism" in mine.

The CounterPunch POV:

Your link:

"yellow journalism

"'sensational chauvinism in the media,' 1898, Amer.Eng. from newspaper agitation for war with Spain; originally 'publicity stunt use of colored ink' (1895) in ref. to the popular 'Yellow Kid'character (his clothes were yellow) in Richard Outcault's comic strip 'Shantytown' in the 'New York World.'"

The 1st definition, skidmark. You don't get to pick and choose.

World English Dictionary

yellow journalism

— n

the type of journalism that relies on sensationalism and lurid exaggeration to attract readers

[C19: perhaps shortened from the phrase Yellow Kid journalism, referring to the Yellow Kid, a cartoon (1895) in the New York World, a newspaper having a reputation for sensationalism]

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source

Israel desires to be hated by Palestinians. By provoking violence Israel has not merely managed to divert the limelight from its apartheid nature. It has also managed to convince that, as Joseph Massad of Columbia University once captured, it has the right to occupy, to dispossess and to discriminate, namely the claim that the apartheid premise which founds it should be put up with and rationalized as reasonable. Would anybody allow such a right-claim to hold sway in apartheid South Africa? How come that the anti-apartheid and egalitarian calls for the non-recognition of Israel right to exist are being marginalized as extreme and unrealizable? What kind of existential fetters cause the world to exhibit such blindness and a drop of compassion? Is there no unfolding tragedy that anticipates violence against Jews precisely because past violence against them in Europe is being allowed to serve as a rationalizing device of an apartheid state?

Israel has already created a de facto single state between the river and the sea, albeit one which suffers from several apartheid systems, one within Israel and another in the occupied territories. We must not let Israeli aggression prevent us from treating as moderate and realistic proposals to turn this single state into one where all would have equal rights.

Oren Ben-Dor grew up in the State of Israel.
Why Israel Desires to be Hated by Palestinians » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Your link:

"yellow journalism

World English Dictionary

yellow journalism

— n

the type of journalism that relies on sensationalism and lurid exaggeration to attract readers

[C19: perhaps shortened from the phrase Yellow Kid journalism, referring to the Yellow Kid, a cartoon (1895) in the New York World, a newspaper having a reputation for sensationalism]

Cite This Source
Point out any "sensationalism" or "lurid exaggeration" in my link.
Do you agree with this:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character."

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
What kind of state is Israel? I have it on good authority that Israel is a Light unto the Nations.

"Yea, He saith, 'It is too light a thing for you to be My servant, to establish the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the scions of Israel, and I shall submit you as a light unto the nations, to be My salvation until the end of the earth' (Isaiah, 49:6)

"I the LORD have called unto you in righteousness, and have taken hold of your hand, and submitted you as the people's covenant, as a light unto the nations" (Isaiah, 42:6)

"And unto your light, nations shall walk, and kings unto the brightness of your rising" (Isaiah, 60:3)

The context of these three references (ch. 41–42, 49, and 60) are a prophecy of comfort (Hebrew: נבואת נחמה) and a promise to the people of Israel, in which God will restore the people of Israel to their land, and this return will cause the rest of the nations to open their eyes, and look up to the people of Israel.

Light Unto the Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your link:

"yellow journalism

World English Dictionary

yellow journalism

— n

Cite This Source
Point out any "sensationalism" or "lurid exaggeration" in my link.
Do you agree with this:

"Israel was established to be a Jewish state. Its institutions have always been shaped and constrained so as to ensure the continued existence of a Jewish majority and character."

Simply this: Counterpunch is one-sided yellow journalism. An anti-Semitic web site. Show us just one article in it's history that favors Israel.

Are you suggesting, Hoss, if an American site doesn't post "one article in it's history that favors Israel" It's "An anti-Semitic web site"
Shame on you, go stand in the corner

Are you suggesting, Hoss, if an American site doesn't post "one article in it's history that favors Israel" It's "An anti-Semitic web site"
That's what I seem to be implying.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams

That's what I seem to be implying.

please forgive Hoss, for he knows not what he does...a transparent component of Zionism is the serene moral confusion and rhetorical contradiction it entails...Hoss hasn't yet figured this out....the man is not the brightest bulb on the marquee...just saying:D
My dog likes me.

Israel desires to be hated by Palestinians. By provoking violence Israel has not merely managed to divert the limelight from its apartheid nature. It has also managed to convince that, as Joseph Massad of Columbia University once captured, it has the right to occupy, to dispossess and to discriminate, namely the claim that the apartheid premise which founds it should be put up with and rationalized as reasonable. Would anybody allow such a right-claim to hold sway in apartheid South Africa? How come that the anti-apartheid and egalitarian calls for the non-recognition of Israel right to exist are being marginalized as extreme and unrealizable? What kind of existential fetters cause the world to exhibit such blindness and a drop of compassion? Is there no unfolding tragedy that anticipates violence against Jews precisely because past violence against them in Europe is being allowed to serve as a rationalizing device of an apartheid state?

Israel has already created a de facto single state between the river and the sea, albeit one which suffers from several apartheid systems, one within Israel and another in the occupied territories. We must not let Israeli aggression prevent us from treating as moderate and realistic proposals to turn this single state into one where all would have equal rights.

Oren Ben-Dor grew up in the State of Israel.
Why Israel Desires to be Hated by Palestinians » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
"Unpopulated land for a landless people was one of the first lies Zionists told the world.
Lately CNN determined Israel had been raised "from the sand" by Jewish migration.
In fact, Palestine was already substantially urbanized by the time of Lord Balfour's declaration with only 11% of its population identifying as Jews.

By 1948 Jews were 32% yet managed to inflict a Jewish state upon a majority of Palestinians. Today there are a million more Arabs than Jews living between the Mediterranean Sea and Jordan River: yet it's Jewish civil and military laws that govern all of Palestine.

That single de-facto state between the river and the sea can't exist without apartheid, and only US support makes apartheid possible.

please forgive Hoss, for he knows not what he does...a transparent component of Zionism is the serene moral confusion and rhetorical contradiction it entails...Hoss hasn't yet figured this out....the man is not the brightest bulb on the marquee...just saying:D
My dog likes me.

I believe the subject of beastiality is a board no-no....just lookin out for ya Hoss's ass:D
Beastiality aint no word, Mr. Grammar.

I believe the subject of beastiality is a board no-no....just lookin out for ya Hoss's ass:D
Beastiality aint no word, Mr. Grammar.

Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam ...
Definition of BESTIALITY. 1: the condition or status of a lower animal . 2: display or gratification of bestial traits or impulses . 3: sexual relations between a ...
Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Cached
More results from merriam-webster.com »
Now you spell it right. With help from the dictionary, Mr. Grammar.

What kind of state is Israel? I have it on good authority that Israel is a Light unto the Nations.

"Yea, He saith, 'It is too light a thing for you to be My servant, to establish the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the scions of Israel, and I shall submit you as a light unto the nations, to be My salvation until the end of the earth' (Isaiah, 49:6)

"I the LORD have called unto you in righteousness, and have taken hold of your hand, and submitted you as the people's covenant, as a light unto the nations" (Isaiah, 42:6)

"And unto your light, nations shall walk, and kings unto the brightness of your rising" (Isaiah, 60:3)

The context of these three references (ch. 41–42, 49, and 60) are a prophecy of comfort (Hebrew: נבואת נחמה) and a promise to the people of Israel, in which God will restore the people of Israel to their land, and this return will cause the rest of the nations to open their eyes, and look up to the people of Israel.

Are you and Bibi consulting the same authority?

"You are dealing with our people's fate because it is clear today that the fate of the Jewish people is the fate of the Jewish state. There is no demographic or practical existence for the Jewish people without a Jewish state..."

"Our ability as a collective to determine our own destiny is what grants us the tools to shape our future - no longer as a ruled people, defeated and persecuted, but as a proud people with a magnificent country and one which always aspires to serve as 'Light Unto the Nations'".

Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam ...
Definition of BESTIALITY. 1: the condition or status of a lower animal . 2: display or gratification of bestial traits or impulses . 3: sexual relations between a ...
Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Cached
More results from merriam-webster.com »
Now you spell it right. With help from the dictionary, Mr. Grammar.

holy shit you cannot be this stupid...you're baiting me...right????:D
In fact...Hossie really can be that stupid and more.
Do not underestimate him!

Forum List

Back