What kind of spin do the Evangelicals put on this?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
What did you think of Lot offering his virgin daughters to men of Sodom instead of the angels and then his two daughters getting him drunk and having sex with him?

What do you say about that? Just wondering, one reason, as I know you Evangelicals and Fundamentalists think God wrote the Bible. Why does Lot offer his virgin daughters so the men of the town can have their way with them?

What is your spin on it? it has been never discussed in Mass (read) or Catechism classes I took, but I'm sure it has in Evangelical and fundamentalists tribes.

The Catholic bible says:
  1. 19:2 My lords: Lot does not yet know that the men are God’s messengers; cf. 18:3.
  2. 19:8 Let me bring them out to you: the authority of a patriarch within his house was virtually absolute. Lot’s extreme response of offering his daughters to a violent mob seems to be motivated by the obligation of hospitality.
Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 19 - New American Bible (Revised Edition)

First look at what does daughter's mean spiritually speaking and go from there. Look up what was birthed (again spiritually speaking) when the daughters went into Lot and what does lot represent.

Personally for a quick search when I don't have my book open (in the other computer) I use this website and Googles hebrew to english translator for words.

Genesis 6:1 (KJV)

First look at what does daughter's mean spiritually speaking and go from there. Look up what was birthed (again spiritually speaking) when the daughters went into Lot and what does lot represent.

Personally for a quick search when I don't have my book open (in the other computer) I use this website and Googles hebrew to english translator for words.

Genesis 6:1 (KJV)

You have really tried hard to put a spin on this or your Evangelical preacher did, they were engaged to be married, they were his virgin daughters.
----------------------------------------------------------
Daughter Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

Daughter [N]

This word, besides its natural and proper sense, is used to designate,

• Women as natives of a place, or as professing the religion of a place; as, "the daughters of Zion" ( Isaiah 3:16 ), "daughters of the Philistines" ( 2 Samuel 1:20 ).

• Small towns and villages lying around a city are its "daughters," as related to the metropolis or mother city. Tyre is in this sense called the daughter of Sidon ( Isaiah 23:12 ).

• The people of Jerusalem are spoken of as "the daughters of Zion" ( Isaiah 37:22 ).

• The "daughters of music" (Eccl 12:4 ) are singing women.

I don't need to "spin" anything as it is written that the hosts of heaven and earth were completed on the sixth day; and it goes into who these hosts are further in the Bible. If you cannot accept that it is on you not me. Daughter is speaking about what a human brings forth in a local of worship. A wife is a spiritual thing that one attaches themselves to whatever that may be. i.e. Judah gained 'inequitable wealth' as a wife when Joseph is sold to the Ishmaelites who are born from a host that is a spiritual slave; and the Ishmaelite hosts are a son (host) born of Abraham but not the sons who will inherit the kingdom of God. All speaking about spiritual hosts of heaven and earth created and planted by God's firstborn to rule in this world. In Daniel they are called the ancients whom are seated (within and without) for judgment to be fulfilled.

I don't need to "spin" anything as it is written that the hosts of heaven and earth were completed on the sixth day; and it goes into who these hosts are further in the Bible. If you cannot accept that it is on you not me. Daughter is speaking about what a human brings forth in a local of worship. A wife is a spiritual thing that one attaches themselves to whatever that may be. i.e. Judah gained 'inequitable wealth' as a wife when Joseph is sold to the Ishmaelites who are born from a host that is a spiritual slave; and the Ishmaelite hosts are a son (host) born of Abraham but not the sons who will inherit the kingdom of God. All speaking about spiritual hosts of heaven and earth created and planted by God's firstborn to rule in this world. In Daniel they are called the ancients whom are seated (within and without) for judgment to be fulfilled.

Sorry but daughter is his physical daughters. So you think everything is in heave, above so below?? A wife is a spiritual thing.

Towns were called women, but there are different types of women. Jerusalem is a call a women. Read EXE 16.
Lots daughters are physical daughters born of Lot and his wife, who turned into a pillar of salt.

Sorry but daughter is his physical daughters. So you think everything is in heave, above so below?? A wife is a spiritual thing.

Towns were called women, but there are different types of women. Jerusalem is a call a women. Read EXE 16.
Lots daughters are physical daughters born of Lot and his wife, who turned into a pillar of salt.
What did Jesus tell them about being salt of the earth?

and daughter is what I just told you. Simply another type of host. It could be a city, church, a business, an idea or precept you carry along that was birthed in the spirit from something else.

The Book of Jasper and understanding the meanings of the names may help you get that.

What did you think of Lot offering his virgin daughters to men of Sodom instead of the angels and then his two daughters getting him drunk and having sex with him?

What do you say about that? Just wondering, one reason, as I know you Evangelicals and Fundamentalists think God wrote the Bible. Why does Lot offer his virgin daughters so the men of the town can have their way with them?

What is your spin on it? it has been never discussed in Mass (read) or Catechism classes I took, but I'm sure it has in Evangelical and fundamentalists tribes.

The Catholic bible says:
  1. 19:2 My lords: Lot does not yet know that the men are God’s messengers; cf. 18:3.
  2. 19:8 Let me bring them out to you: the authority of a patriarch within his house was virtually absolute. Lot’s extreme response of offering his daughters to a violent mob seems to be motivated by the obligation of hospitality.
Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 19 - New American Bible (Revised Edition)

Lot was not chosen by God and did not seem to want to serve God. Lot was baggage from Abraham who chose to leave Abraham for greener pastures.

Well, he found them.

It is therefore not surprising that he did these things.

Allow me to insert what Judaism says about it--probably colored by a little bit of Catholicism. This story began with Lot who was so zealous about being hospitable to his guests that rather than break that law, he offered his daughters instead. Later the daughters were so zealous about the law of repopulating the earth, they get their father drunk and have sex with him--knowing Lot (in his right mind) would follow the law about having sex with kinswomen. Or would he? Why did Lot allow himself to become drunk, a rather minor sin compared to incest. Also interesting, the girls did not await any word or sign from God. They took matters into their own hands.

Like Noah, once again we have a story where people have a chance to start over. Sodom and Gomorrah became famous for their sexual sin, but not for what that sin stood for in society. Sexual sin was a brief way of telling people about Sodom and Gomorrah--that they were undisciplined, chaotic places. The chaos is destroyed and what happens to this very man a short time later? They indulge in sexual sin (chaotic/undisciplined) when they were the very people who had been trying to uphold grace and hospitality within a chaotic population. Their sons became known as the Fathers of the Moabites and Ammonites, who were later in constant strife with the Israelites.

Hebrews were great and talented storytellers. It is a shame today we make such a hash out of these wonderful lessons/histories.

Allow me to insert what Judaism says about it--probably colored by a little bit of Catholicism. This story began with Lot who was so zealous about being hospitable to his guests that rather than break that law, he offered his daughters instead. Later the daughters were so zealous about the law of repopulating the earth, they get their father drunk and have sex with him--knowing Lot (in his right mind) would follow the law about having sex with kinswomen. Or would he? Why did Lot allow himself to become drunk, a rather minor sin compared to incest. Also interesting, the girls did not await any word or sign from God. They took matters into their own hands.

Like Noah, once again we have a story where people have a chance to start over. Sodom and Gomorrah became famous for their sexual sin, but not for what that sin stood for in society. Sexual sin was a brief way of telling people about Sodom and Gomorrah--that they were undisciplined, chaotic places. The chaos is destroyed and what happens to this very man a short time later? They indulge in sexual sin (chaotic/undisciplined) when they were the very people who had been trying to uphold grace and hospitality within a chaotic population. Their sons became known as the Fathers of the Moabites and Ammonites, who were later in constant strife with the Israelites.

Hebrews were great and talented storytellers. It is a shame today we make such a hash out of these wonderful lessons/histories.

It was not just sexual sin. They would follow a stranger into town and gang rape them. They were also very war like according to the Bible.

Propaganda and being indoctrinated work hand in hand to manipulate people. This morning I saw an ABC news several minute news spiel. The spiel starts with a 10 to 1 countdown in multiple colors. It is done real quick. But when it got to 6 it showed a lot 6's across the screen quicker then the alone 6 that showed up. I know. So what? The only number that they did that with. For decades we have been slowly pushed in this direction. I am not an evangelist. I am not the most religious. But these things can not be coincidences.

Forum List

Back