What kind of person is the Corporation?

There is the one party handing out the privileges and another receiving them.

If you don't want politicians being bought, then it behooves you to stand up for taking away what they're selling, rather than crying over the people doing the buying.

There is the one party handing out the privileges and another receiving them.

If you don't want politicians being bought, then it behooves you to stand up for taking away what they're selling, rather than crying over the people doing the buying.

This is pointless, You condemn politicans who accept the brides but find no fault in the conditions which make that possible. It's like GT said, they are on the same team playing good cop, bad cop...but in your eyes the good cop (corps to you) is really going to help you. Your solution is to take away politicians lawmaking powers? Take away political and business favors? But not the system that allows the money to make to pols hands?

It's not pointless.

You're either for reigning in corporate power or you're not.

Well, private sector corporations don't get their limited liabilities and other privileges out of thin air.

I guess I'm not then. I'm in favor of freedom. Not just for me but for everyone. That includes those who choose to form an association called a corporation.
If you are in favor of restricting freedom then we'll just have to disagree.

It's not pointless.

You're either for reigning in corporate power or you're not.

Well, private sector corporations don't get their limited liabilities and other privileges out of thin air.

I guess I'm not then. I'm in favor of freedom. Not just for me but for everyone. That includes those who choose to form an association called a corporation.
If you are in favor of restricting freedom then we'll just have to disagree.
I'm in favor of people being liable and responsible for the damages they do to other people and their property, no matter whether they're under the corporate veil or not.

That said, the overall point stands...One entity is extending the privileges and one is receiving them.

If one has their undies in a was over the "corporate abuses" boogerman, then it behooves them to look at the party -the "person" if you will- who is enabling them.

Forum List

Back