What kind of people cheer on a heart attack?

Hope Cheney gets well

I do also. Those that cheer are SIMILAR to those that condemn an investigation of a death because the killer claims "self defense". TO ME THAT IS.

What makes you think that there hasn't been an investigation, haven't you paid attention to the story. I'm curious, why does the media continue to show the 3-6 year old photographs of a squeaky clean 10-13 year old rather than the totally different look of a guy that is just a year younger than men who are fighting and dying in Afghanistan? You, along with most of the black population in this country are being used as chumps to push an agenda that will further divide people with different skin color.......pathetic!

Last edited:
The waiting list for transplants is long, there aren't enough organs to go around. Those we do have should go to the ones with the best chance of recovery and long life. Like I said, if my friend didn't qualify for the list based on her diabetes, then Cheney shouldn't qualify for the list based on his age. Don't you think that heart would have done more good for someone who was young and had children to care for?

Who am I to judge how he's treated? I'm someone who lost her good friend who left behind a 10 year old boy. A friend who couldn't even get on the transplant list even though she need a new heart due to her diabetes. A friend with HEALTH INSURANCE.

Why do you think an old man should be on the transplant list when a woman with a child can't get on it?

Why do you believe Cheney's life was worth more than my friends?

It's horrible that your friend couldn't get a transplant...but reading up on diabetes and heart transplants, it says it depends on the severity of the diabetes whether the transplant could be determined to be helpful.

"Previous studies examining the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation involved relatively few patients who were followed for a fairly short period. In addition, these studies failed to consider that some people have more severe forms of diabetes than others. Therefore, the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation remained controversial. While no national transplantation rules disqualify people with diabetes from receiving donor hearts, each transplantation center has its own rules, and some centers exclude people with diabetes."Severity Of Diabetes Is Key Determinant Of Heart Transplant Success

Was you friends diabetes severe? Did she go to other transplant centers for help? Of course i'm no doctor, but just asking. There are other complications that could keep people from being considered for a transplant. Obviously, Cheney didn't have those complications.

Nobody should be turned down for help just because of their age. Also, i think your friend, if she was as bad as you say, should have been able to also have the transplant. But that's not Cheney's fault, it's her insurance companies fault. It's not up to us who lives or dies, and it shouldn't be up to your insurance either. But it is, and it's probably only going to get worse.

I think you just pointed out the flaw. Cheney got a heart, in spite of his age, because of his money. My friend couldn't get one because she wasn't rich and had no influence.

IMO, Cheney, because of his age, should have been at the bottom of the list. Only when all the other otherwise healthy young people who were on the list got hearts, should he have been given one. What young child or children are going without a mother or father because Cheney got a heart that could have otherwise gone to them?

FYI transplants are not bought and sold like a used car, they go to the patient that physically and biologically can recover and accept the transplant without the risk of rejection. Let me assure you that all the money in the world and influence would never move you up the list. Another fact to consider is how long was a person on the list, and circumstances warranting a Doctor to reject a person from being considered a viable candidate for a transplant. I am sorry to hear of your friends passing but would caution you in passing judgement until you speak with a heart surgeon. Read the Hippocratic oath Doctors are governed by it will shed some light.

The waiting list for transplants is long, there aren't enough organs to go around. Those we do have should go to the ones with the best chance of recovery and long life. Like I said, if my friend didn't qualify for the list based on her diabetes, then Cheney shouldn't qualify for the list based on his age. Don't you think that heart would have done more good for someone who was young and had children to care for?

Who am I to judge how he's treated? I'm someone who lost her good friend who left behind a 10 year old boy. A friend who couldn't even get on the transplant list even though she need a new heart due to her diabetes. A friend with HEALTH INSURANCE.

Why do you think an old man should be on the transplant list when a woman with a child can't get on it?

Why do you believe Cheney's life was worth more than my friends?

It's horrible that your friend couldn't get a transplant...but reading up on diabetes and heart transplants, it says it depends on the severity of the diabetes whether the transplant could be determined to be helpful.

"Previous studies examining the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation involved relatively few patients who were followed for a fairly short period. In addition, these studies failed to consider that some people have more severe forms of diabetes than others. Therefore, the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation remained controversial. While no national transplantation rules disqualify people with diabetes from receiving donor hearts, each transplantation center has its own rules, and some centers exclude people with diabetes."Severity Of Diabetes Is Key Determinant Of Heart Transplant Success

Was you friends diabetes severe? Did she go to other transplant centers for help? Of course i'm no doctor, but just asking. There are other complications that could keep people from being considered for a transplant. Obviously, Cheney didn't have those complications.

Nobody should be turned down for help just because of their age. Also, i think your friend, if she was as bad as you say, should have been able to also have the transplant. But that's not Cheney's fault, it's her insurance companies fault. It's not up to us who lives or dies, and it shouldn't be up to your insurance either. But it is, and it's probably only going to get worse.

I think you just pointed out the flaw. Cheney got a heart, in spite of his age, because of his money. My friend couldn't get one because she wasn't rich and had no influence.

IMO, Cheney, because of his age, should have been at the bottom of the list. Only when all the other otherwise healthy young people who were on the list got hearts, should he have been given one. What young child or children are going without a mother or father because Cheney got a heart that could have otherwise gone to them?

We don't know how long Cheney was on the list for a transplant...maybe a few years? I don't believe he got it just because he had money. There are many out there that need a transplant, they're going to look at how long the person has waited, and what that person's overall health is at the time. If Cheney had other health issues (like your friend) he most likely wouldn't have gotten it. I don't know of any Dr. that would go through a surgery like that when it's a 99% chance that person isn't going to make it...when they could give that heart to someone that has at least a 50% chance of making it.

I really do understand how you feel, and it's really easy to think that it's all about money. But that's not always the fact.

Forum List

Back