What kind of people cheer on a heart attack?

So he can be charged with war crimes

Spoken like the mindless dishonest partisan hack shithead you've always been.

You have zero ability to point to even one war crime Vice President Cheney ever committed.

You are nothing but a fucking lowlife liar.

This comes as no surprise to those of us who know you as a twoofer.

These are the same left-wing faggots who made out Dan Quayle for being a draft-dodger - while he served honorably in the Indiana NG

Dick Cheney only took on being VP as a service to the country.

Actually - George Bush was also a reluctant candidate for pres -was sort of shoved into it.

Hope Cheney gets well

I have mixed feelings on this. Not that I don't wish him well, but he got a heart transplant and at his age, I would think the heart would go to someone younger, with a longer lifespan ahead of them.

Having lost my friend, years ago, to open heart surgery...well, I'm prejudiced and I really believe that if my friend didn't qualify for a new heart, than an old man like Cheney sure as heck shouldn't.

All veterens owe Dan Qualye and George Bush an apology

For not speaking up when their NG service was laughed at and ridiculed

What kind of people call innocent women and children being killed collateral damage in a war that was not a war and was based on lies at worst and mistakes at best?

Anyone who promotes torture I feel no sympathy for.

Cheney didn't have a heart attack. He received a heart transplant. Why wouldn't right wingers cheer that? Hell, even I'm glad to know he has a working heart now.

I don't understand how someone his age can qualify for a heart. They wouldn't even put my girlfriend on the list because she had diabetes. She died on the operation table (triple bypass) leaving a 10 year old child behind. I would think old age would be just as much of a detour to getting on the heart transplant list as young with diabetes.

Hope Cheney gets well

I have mixed feelings on this. Not that I don't wish him well, but he got a heart transplant and at his age, I would think the heart would go to someone younger, with a longer lifespan ahead of them.

Having lost my friend, years ago, to open heart surgery...well, I'm prejudiced and I really believe that if my friend didn't qualify for a new heart, than an old man like Cheney sure as heck shouldn't.

Ah, now we have a supporter of the Obama Health Care reform act crap adding to the mix. So old people are a worthless burden on society who's quality of life should be determined by you and your fellow travelers? I knew this thread would draw out the nut cases. When your old and gray my hope is that someday you are declined medical care because of your age, or that someone determines the treatment for your disease is a waste of resources. Well he paid his insurance, so who are you to judge how he is treated?

Hope Cheney gets well

Ah, now we have a supporter of the Obama Health Care reform act crap adding to the mix. So old people are a worthless burden on society who's quality of life should be determined by you and your fellow travelers? I knew this thread would draw out the nut cases. When your old and gray my hope is that someday you are declined medical care because of your age, or that someone determines the treatment for your disease is a waste of resources. Well he paid his insurance, so who are you to judge how he is treated?

The waiting list for transplants is long, there aren't enough organs to go around. Those we do have should go to the ones with the best chance of recovery and long life. Like I said, if my friend didn't qualify for the list based on her diabetes, then Cheney shouldn't qualify for the list based on his age. Don't you think that heart would have done more good for someone who was young and had children to care for?

Who am I to judge how he's treated? I'm someone who lost her good friend who left behind a 10 year old boy. A friend who couldn't even get on the transplant list even though she need a new heart due to her diabetes. A friend with HEALTH INSURANCE.

Why do you think an old man should be on the transplant list when a woman with a child can't get on it?

Why do you believe Cheney's life was worth more than my friends?

Last edited:

The waiting list for transplants is long, there aren't enough organs to go around. Those we do have should go to the ones with the best chance of recovery and long life. Like I said, if my friend didn't qualify for the list based on her diabetes, then Cheney shouldn't qualify for the list based on his age. Don't you think that heart would have done more good for someone who was young and had children to care for?

Who am I to judge how he's treated? I'm someone who lost her good friend who left behind a 10 year old boy. A friend who couldn't even get on the transplant list even though she need a new heart due to her diabetes. A friend with HEALTH INSURANCE.

Why do you think an old man should be on the transplant list when a woman with a child can't get on it?

Two completely different issues. If you want to rag on those cutting lines, that rage belongs in Hollywood.

Two completely different issues. If you want to rag on those cutting lines, that rage belongs in Hollywood.

What, you don't think Cheney cut in line?

It's horrible that your friend couldn't get a transplant...but reading up on diabetes and heart transplants, it says it depends on the severity of the diabetes whether the transplant could be determined to be helpful.

"Previous studies examining the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation involved relatively few patients who were followed for a fairly short period. In addition, these studies failed to consider that some people have more severe forms of diabetes than others. Therefore, the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation remained controversial. While no national transplantation rules disqualify people with diabetes from receiving donor hearts, each transplantation center has its own rules, and some centers exclude people with diabetes."Severity Of Diabetes Is Key Determinant Of Heart Transplant Success

Was you friends diabetes severe? Did she go to other transplant centers for help? Of course i'm no doctor, but just asking. There are other complications that could keep people from being considered for a transplant. Obviously, Cheney didn't have those complications.

Nobody should be turned down for help just because of their age. Also, i think your friend, if she was as bad as you say, should have been able to also have the transplant. But that's not Cheney's fault, it's her insurance companies fault. It's not up to us who lives or dies, and it shouldn't be up to your insurance either. But it is, and it's probably only going to get worse.

It's horrible that your friend couldn't get a transplant...but reading up on diabetes and heart transplants, it says it depends on the severity of the diabetes whether the transplant could be determined to be helpful.

"Previous studies examining the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation involved relatively few patients who were followed for a fairly short period. In addition, these studies failed to consider that some people have more severe forms of diabetes than others. Therefore, the impact of diabetes on survival after heart transplantation remained controversial. While no national transplantation rules disqualify people with diabetes from receiving donor hearts, each transplantation center has its own rules, and some centers exclude people with diabetes."Severity Of Diabetes Is Key Determinant Of Heart Transplant Success

Was you friends diabetes severe? Did she go to other transplant centers for help? Of course i'm no doctor, but just asking. There are other complications that could keep people from being considered for a transplant. Obviously, Cheney didn't have those complications.

Nobody should be turned down for help just because of their age. Also, i think your friend, if she was as bad as you say, should have been able to also have the transplant. But that's not Cheney's fault, it's her insurance companies fault. It's not up to us who lives or dies, and it shouldn't be up to your insurance either. But it is, and it's probably only going to get worse.

I think you just pointed out the flaw. Cheney got a heart, in spite of his age, because of his money. My friend couldn't get one because she wasn't rich and had no influence.

IMO, Cheney, because of his age, should have been at the bottom of the list. Only when all the other otherwise healthy young people who were on the list got hearts, should he have been given one. What young child or children are going without a mother or father because Cheney got a heart that could have otherwise gone to them?

Forum List

Back