What kind of music do we all listen too.

I listen to a little of everything but my all time favorite is Bon Jovi !! I love the old glam rock too !!

As long as the music sounds good I will listen to just about anything !:banana:

I can see the beauty in everything from down-home bluegrass to death metal-as long as it's for REAL, not the creation of some slimy, parasitical music biz mogul. I see the popular music scene as a never-ending struggle between the artists & the moguls.

When the artists are winning, we get fresh, creative, exciting music.

When the moguls are winning, we get bubble gum, disco, and a plethora of two-chord dirges, one song quite indistinguishable from another.

Elvis Presely - his music is never dated and boring.
Frank Sinatra - over time, I have learned to appricate his music.
Of todays music?

Britany Spears! - Just kidding - I heard she lipsincs anyway....that her voice is robotic.

Courtney Love. A bit of crackhead to say it mildly but I do like her music....

Originally posted by JAMES UHLRICH
I listen to a little of everything but my all time favorite is Bon Jovi !! I love the old glam rock too !!

As long as the music sounds good I will listen to just about anything !:banana:

You must like my avatar then!!!That is my favorite too. I was a teen when Bon Jovi,Cinderella,Motley were all big-that is what I grew up on and love. I love Led Zep too. I actually find myself growing more fond of country as I get older. I love the partriotism.

My music tastes are all over the board. It's easier for me to say what I don't like, which is today's rap and R&B, today's country (outside of alt-country), and today's popular rock and metal. Other than that, chances are I've listened to it.

Just to give you an example, these are the first four CD's in my collection:

AC/DC - Live
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's
Bush - Sixteen Stone

Then way down at the bottom I've got Rob Zombie! :D

Originally posted by krisy
You must like my avatar then!!!That is my favorite too. I was a teen when Bon Jovi,Cinderella,Motley were all big-that is what I grew up on and love. I love Led Zep too. I actually find myself growing more fond of country as I get older. I love the partriotism.

Yes in fact I do like the avatar ! I am a total 80's reject !!!:p:

DK, great list of bands! My favorites are Bob Marley, Offspring, Linkin Park, Incubus, Van Halen (1984 and prior), and the Supertones.

I enjoy reggae a lot, plus hard rock/nu-metal. I don't care for pop, though I do have a soft spot for Liz Phair/Michelle Branch. And I am even starting to tolerate a little bit of country!

Quick story: in high school all I ever listened to was gangsta rap - NWA especially. Eventually my dad figured out who NWA was - I think it was the Compton hat that I used to wear that gave him a clue. Anyway, he made me throw out my NWA tapes. In a fit of teen angst, I threw out all my rap tapes. So I had no music. For my next birthday, I got Bob Marley's Legend on cassette - and I have been hooked ever since. My Marley collection has grown to 30 CDs, 5 or 6 shirts, numerous posters, a framed picture, several years worth of calenders, three books, and some other miscellaneous stuff. So any Bob Marley questions you've got, throw 'em my way! :D

Originally posted by Moi
I will listen to anything except:

R&B, soul, jazz, hip hop, rap, reggae

Oh, and no Beatles- yuck!!!

Other than that, fine with me.

glad you don't limit yourself too much moi. ;)

well you DO listen to crap - actually, you listen to shit.

although I DO like NIN

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
glad you don't limit yourself too much moi. ;)
Well, there is always pop, rock, classic rock, hard rock, metal, classical, opera, country, bluegrass, easy listening, punk, standards, alternative, hell there's even seasonal (love them Halloween songs!)...ain't that enough???

Originally posted by Moi
Well, there is always pop, rock, classic rock, hard rock, metal, classical, opera, country, bluegrass, easy listening, punk, standards, alternative, hell there's even seasonal (love them Halloween songs!)...ain't that enough???

as long as it isn't that new 'folk metal' or 'heavy bluegrass', I'm good with that. Oh, xmas songs shouldn't be played until dec. 14th as well :D

dont start on the CHristmas songs, DK. Just because YOU are a scrooge doesnt mean that everyone else is.

oh, and dont forget - your music is the crappiest crap of ALL the crap that there is.

:p:

Doesn't matter to me what genre the music is. I like music that I can make a 'connection' with. I like music when I can understand the lyrics and relate to them. I like my music to have meaning.

With that said, I can say I mostly find myself listening to rock, soft rock, top 40, blues, lounge music and some metal. I seem to be stuck in the 80's (both as a person and in musical interest). That's when music came into my life and It'll always have special meaning to me. I listen to 80's rock and it brings back a lot of memories for me.

I'm open to listening to anything once. Ex... Dan recommended 'Dashboard Confessional' to me, I downloaded a few tunes and found I loved those songs. But if the music doesn't make a connection for me I probably won't tune in again.

Pick favorites?

Skin 'n Bones
Bon Jovi (the band and as a solo artist)
Billy Joel
Tesla
Metallica
Lilliane Axe
Morcheeba
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
Journey

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
dont start on the CHristmas songs, DK. Just because YOU are a scrooge doesnt mean that everyone else is.

oh, and dont forget - your music is the crappiest crap of ALL the crap that there is.

:p:
Oh my! Well, I will confess to listening to the occassional Christmas song in the summer if I need a pick me up. Not the goofy ones but the more traditional like Winter Wonderland, Little Drummer Boy, etc. I guess they remind me of a brief period of time in my childhood and happy memories. That was before holidays sucked!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
as long as it isn't that new 'folk metal' or 'heavy bluegrass', I'm good with that. Oh, xmas songs shouldn't be played until dec. 14th as well :D

Actually I think Christmas ANYTHING should be banned until the day after Thanksgiving, and then it's done promptly on January 1st.

I think I need to hear your selection KL! After knocking down DK's selection which I happened to like myself, I am definitely interested in hearing what you like!

uh oh...lol - Im about to be outted for the true music-geek I am!

Also, my opinions on DK's music is just another way that I annoy him - its not really all that bad lol :D

I too, am stuck in the 80's musicwise hard core - I just cant get out it seems LOL. I mean, is there anything better than G&R, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, etc?

I also like concrete blonde, crystal method, Queen, Kansas, Selena, (just to name a quick few) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jazz and blues of any sort.

Forum List

Back