What kind of dwelling do you want?

Oregon's too cold for me.

An extra 20 points if you can smell the ocean from your home.:clap2: I will have to bring the ocean to my home. I will get some clam shells, palm trees, and a Mediterranean style back patio, like the archway stucco patio cover. And get rid of a bunch of trees polluting my pool with leaves. Lots of speakers, flat screen, piping island music videos above the bar.

I also like the old Victorians like over in frisco, but they hold a wrath of problems for the technological age. Small closets, worn out electrical lines, sewers drains, water pipes, and more than likely termites. I like drawing those old houses. The owners are all trying to preserve them. Some have tin & copper roofs and ceiling tiles, and all the ornamentation that went into them by real wood craftsmen of the day. There are some areas out of frisco that have resurrected that old style into new homes.

I have noticed in house shopping that kitchens are a lot smaller, compared to the square feet you get in a home. I surmise the architects must be young generation take-out junkies.

You ought to check out Maine, then.

You can buy a Victorian ON THE WATER here for less than garaging your car costs in San Francisco.

Seriously...where else can a middle class income still purchase a Victorian mansion of the ocean's edge, but Maine?

If you like old Victorians, Federalists, Neoclassical, or Cape style homes the 19th century housing stock in Maine is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Yes! Look here! Your own Island for $500,000. Unheard of bargain. Includes lighthouse & dock.

SACO, Maine Property for Sale

This is the house i plan on building

sketch.jpg

I've always loved the craftsman style

I plan on building it with structural insulated panels

And using a ground source heat pump for heating and cooling.

I have plans for a whole house propane generator as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back