What kind of dwelling do you want?

Like the birds, we are nester's in our own right, hunting for the right home and then filling it up with stuff we like to live around.

What kind of house would you like to live in? I like Mediterranean styles with lots of arch ways and palm trees.

ELEV_LRI230ELEV2_550.JPG

And this is how the housing crisis got so damn bad.

Wanting what you cant afford. Buying what you cant afford. And then crying foul when you get asked to pay for it.

just saying.

I thought it was by limiting the supply of homes built, they cost more and put change in banks pockets, more change in realtors pockets, and the government made more in taxes.

Anyway, with housing so low I can afford it. But this problem is not new to California. I know of a lot of house sales in vacation homes in the mountains, that families thought they would be able to afford when they retired and couldn't. But if you lived in a country with no property taxes you could.

Oregon's too cold for me.

An extra 20 points if you can smell the ocean from your home.:clap2: I will have to bring the ocean to my home. I will get some clam shells, palm trees, and a Mediterranean style back patio, like the archway stucco patio cover. And get rid of a bunch of trees polluting my pool with leaves. Lots of speakers, flat screen, piping island music videos above the bar.

I also like the old Victorians like over in frisco, but they hold a wrath of problems for the technological age. Small closets, worn out electrical lines, sewers drains, water pipes, and more than likely termites. I like drawing those old houses. The owners are all trying to preserve them. Some have tin & copper roofs and ceiling tiles, and all the ornamentation that went into them by real wood craftsmen of the day. There are some areas out of frisco that have resurrected that old style into new homes.

I have noticed in house shopping that kitchens are a lot smaller, compared to the square feet you get in a home. I surmise the architects must be young generation take-out junkies.

Like the birds, we are nester's in our own right, hunting for the right home and then filling it up with stuff we like to live around.

What kind of house would you like to live in? I like Mediterranean styles with lots of arch ways and palm trees.

ELEV_LRI230ELEV2_550.JPG

I'd like a Mediterranean style house with lots of archways and palm trees, too. But I can't afford it and I don't expect someone else to buy it for me because I think I deserve to be equal to the Joneses.

Sorry you are stuck Granny, but then there is no place like home, especially one you are comfortable in already. If you are living by yourself, there are some advantages to living in an apartment cluster with lots of people around in case you need anything. There is such a complex north from me I pass by, and they have some cute outside walk ways that have archways held up by pillars. I always say I would like that every time I go by.:eusa_angel:

I would suggest anyone would buy you home, buy you might try winning one over at Better homes & garden. They have a contest for 1 house each year, in different parts of America. Your chances are just as good as anybody elses are.

I would like a mostly, all glass house, 3 stories high, sitting on a bluff 500 feet above the mighty Pacific Ocean in central Oregon. I want this on 6 densely forested acres and I want to watch the turbulent waves as they crash against the rocky volcanic shoreline. I want mostly misty days, alternating with soft sensual rain, then sunshine. I want to watch the powerful ocean as it turns into many shades of breathtaking beauty, from blue to green to platinum, while embraced by huge waves of white. :)

That sounds nice, and says something of your personality. Three stories would be ok, if the lower story was like a basement cut back into the mountain, and all glass facing the sea. My aunt had a place on a hill in Portland, Oregon with a lower basement & it had a laundry shoot from the master bath. And 3 stories is a lot of walking. Do you want an elevator? How about a glass floor overlooking the rocks below where waves crash, built into your master bed room?

CNTowerGlassFloor.jpg

I like the sound of rain and sea waves crashing, and have several hours of sounds like that to relax by.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
I don't dwell, I live in a home, it is where my heart is.

And I am paying a mother fucking fortune on the loan.

Well to be honest...

That would be great if it were self-sustaining. Would you want it in orbit of Earth, or just drifting off through space with no particular place in mind to go? would you take other people with you, or go alone.

You would have to be able to sustain medicines and cleaners and oxygen & H20 & energy with some means to store it. What would you use for light? Bulbs won't last forever either. Or sheets & clothes.

Fertilizers and plants also might deplete themselves. The Soviet space station had a space molecule outside on the glass, that was eating it away. I think that is why they chose to let it fall back into the Earth and burn up in the atmosphere. Fuels have microbes that survive off the fuel. Microbes that can withstand high temperatures that would kill you. You would have to deal with all these unknowns, as they come up and struggle to survive.

It is much easier to stay in this environment of known problems, than to venture out into space.

I don't dwell, I live in a home, it is where my heart is.

And I am paying a mother fucking fortune on the loan.

Good time to refinance & get a fixed mortage with reduced % rates. You a veteran?

Shinto, I am sick of your shit, you have been riding my back all day.

Sorry, I just want to say that, it would make a great movie line.

Shinto my friend in Australia our interest rates are going through the roof, we suffered no financial crises because we got lucky and live down under but over a lot of dumb rocks the Chinese want and need.

Jesus capitalism is a fucking fun roller coaster ride.

SHINTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I am in a Hollywood kind of mood.

By the way I am not the villain here, Shinto is.

Just want to clarify the story arc.

I have my knife out Shinto and it is pointed at your heart.

Let's do this.

I need no knife Fugon, I have my space and your space, who will pay your taxes when you are gone?

Tai Chi Chuan
images

All things are in balance, and so good does not Trump evil, and harmony can be broken, while combat can be unbalanced. You do know the villain does not always win.

Last edited:
My maid say she will come to sharpen your knife for you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP-qQl2fJJE&feature=related[/ame]

Oregon's too cold for me.

An extra 20 points if you can smell the ocean from your home.:clap2: I will have to bring the ocean to my home. I will get some clam shells, palm trees, and a Mediterranean style back patio, like the archway stucco patio cover. And get rid of a bunch of trees polluting my pool with leaves. Lots of speakers, flat screen, piping island music videos above the bar.

I also like the old Victorians like over in frisco, but they hold a wrath of problems for the technological age. Small closets, worn out electrical lines, sewers drains, water pipes, and more than likely termites. I like drawing those old houses. The owners are all trying to preserve them. Some have tin & copper roofs and ceiling tiles, and all the ornamentation that went into them by real wood craftsmen of the day. There are some areas out of frisco that have resurrected that old style into new homes.

I have noticed in house shopping that kitchens are a lot smaller, compared to the square feet you get in a home. I surmise the architects must be young generation take-out junkies.

You ought to check out Maine, then.

You can buy a Victorian ON THE WATER here for less than garaging your car costs in San Francisco.

Seriously...where else can a middle class income still purchase a Victorian mansion of the ocean's edge, but Maine?

If you like old Victorians, Federalists, Neoclassical, or Cape style homes the 19th century housing stock in Maine is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back