What kind of cookware do you use?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I am getting ready to buy a new set. I'm thinking the Cuisinart MultiClad but I wanted to ask around before I do this.

I am getting ready to buy a new set. I'm thinking the Cuisinart MultiClad but I wanted to ask around before I do this.

The pots are good but the pans are more trouble than they are worth IMO. Switched back to teflon pans.

We've been very pleased with our Powla Doin cookware. Y'all.

Ilc4bo4L.jpeg

The pots are good but the pans are more trouble than they are worth IMO. Switched back to teflon pans.

Are you talking about the cleaning?

Yes, and getting the temperature exactly right so there is no sticking was a PITA.

Have they improved that aspect of it because it was about a decade or so ago when we bought ours. We gave away the pans and just kept the pots.

Thanks. I guess it boils down to handles and lids.

Yes, I like the pun. A good SS cookware set is expensive, thick, heavy, and built to last a long time. You want handles that allow you to move hot food around comfortably. A thick lid keeps the heat inside the pot. Glass is very popular for lids today but glass doesn't hold the heat as well. It's good to have one or 2 teflon pans for cooking eggs and such but there is good reason why cooks choose stainless. A teflon egg pan can be bought separately and doesn't have to come as part of the set.

Good luck and let us know how you did.

I find cast iron to be the best. Lasts a long time too.

I love my cast iron pans. They are the BEST! I pretty much only use my cast iron frying pans now. I don't like the Teflon coated pots and pans. That stuff sometimes wears off and can get in your food and it is poisonous I've heard.

Thanks. I guess it boils down to handles and lids.

Yes, I like the pun. A good SS cookware set is expensive, thick, heavy, and built to last a long time. You want handles that allow you to move hot food around comfortably. A thick lid keeps the heat inside the pot. Glass is very popular for lids today but glass doesn't hold the heat as well. It's good to have one or 2 teflon pans for cooking eggs and such but there is good reason why cooks choose stainless. A teflon egg pan can be bought separately and doesn't have to come as part of the set.

Good luck and let us know how you did.

I love my stainless but yeah, you can't cook eggs and such in them, what a mess.

Stainless for everyday, but a few teflon and even cast iron for certain dishes.

I love my cast iron pans. They are the BEST! I pretty much only use my cast iron frying pans now. I don't like the Teflon coated pots and pans. That stuff sometimes wears off and can get in your food and it is poisonous I've heard.

Throw any teflon cookware away once it develops a scratch, that's all it takes is one scratch.

Now you'd have to consume quite a bit of teflon before it caused any serious damage, so cooking with teflon isn't dangerous as long as you throw away scratched cookware, or burned or what have you.

I love my stainless but yeah, you can't cook eggs and such in them, what a mess.

Some SS cookware sets come with a few teflon pans but to me it's not worth giving up the set you want to choose one that has a few teflons. My set is all mix and match that I buy from used restaurant supply but I wouldn't recommend them to a home cook.

Some SS cookware sets come with a few teflon pans but to me it's not worth giving up the set you want to choose one that has a few teflons. My set is all mix and match that I buy from used restaurant supply but I wouldn't recommend them to a home cook.

Here's my set

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...zGwx4YB4tWTiCXb4DOY22R-F1dVzfME8zMaArgL8P8HAQ

Really that, my electric skillet , a few cast iron skillets, and an electric griddle, along with my smoker and grille of course, are all I need.

Here's my set

That's a good price for 17 piece SS. I know the aluminum base is popular today but I don't know much about them. As I showed Disir, it's handles and lids that matter to the home cook.

I love em, I've had em about a year. And I do a LOT of cooking, they do have glass lids, which as you said, give up a little heat, but Im okay with that. I like to eyeball my food when it's cooking.

My favorite is the saucier. Make me look fancy when I pull it out. LOL

Throw any teflon cookware away once it develops a scratch, that's all it takes is one scratch.

Now you'd have to consume quite a bit of teflon before it caused any serious damage, so cooking with teflon isn't dangerous as long as you throw away scratched cookware, or burned or what have you.

I don't even use Teflon. I prefer cast iron or stainless.

Forum List

Back