What kind of cell phone do you own?

What brand of cell phone do you own/prefer?

• Apple

• Samsung

• Other

• Street corner pay phone

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure how much a phone costs. Obama is still paying for mine.

Heil Obama!

I'm happy to tell you I have never owned a cell phone in my entire life. Why? Because I don't want the world to have communicational access to me 24/7. There are times when I want solitude and I don't want the rest of humanity to disturb me. As an outside observer without a cell phone, it simply looks like an electronic leash. And I've never had any real urgent, particular need for one anyway. "Luddite" as this may sound, would my ownership of a cell phone wave a magical wand and radically improve my life in any way? I find that hard to believe.

I prefer real-life conversations to phone conversations anyway. Because that way I can look into the person's eyes, facial expressions and body language to know instantly whether or not they're lying to me (I'm quite good at that). A telephone makes that determination impossible.

Last edited:
I have an iphone. It's the least worst alternative.

There is no way in hell that I'm using an Android-GOOG total surveillance phone.

I'm happy to tell you I have never owned a cell phone in my entire life. Why? Because I don't want the world to have communicational access to me 24/7. As an outside observer without a cell phone, it simply looks like an electronic leash. And I've never had any real urgent, particular need for one anyway.

I prefer real-life conversations to phone conversations anyway. Because that way I can look into the person's eyes, facial expressions and body language to know instantly whether or not they're lying to me (I'm quite good at that). A telephone makes that determination impossible.

You're very fortunate you can do that. I have to have a smartphone for my job. It's either that or carry a laptop around everywhere.

I'm happy to tell you I have never owned a cell phone in my entire life. Why? Because I don't want the world to have communicational access to me 24/7. As an outside observer without a cell phone, it simply looks like an electronic leash. And I've never had any real urgent, particular need for one anyway.

You're very fortunate you can do that. I have to have a smartphone for my job. It's either that or carry a laptop around everywhere.

I certainly understand that. In many jobs many people need cell phones for instant, vital communication; I'm not denigrating cell phones for their useful purposes to other people, I'm just saying they're simply not personally useful to me in my own life. My job is a part-time medical typist, medical filing bureaucrat so my quiet, modest job simply doesn't require I call anybody.

I have IPhone X. Couldn’t live or breathe without my cellphone.
Used it very heavily to keep tract of businesses, families, social media, stocks, game(chess only), weather, Netflix, musics, FaceTime, voice memos ........ most important Latina Girl Friends. Total of 62 icons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Topics

Forum List

Back