What Kind of Celebrity Would You Want To Be?

What Type Of Celebrity Would You Prefer To Be?

• Actor/Actress

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Athlete

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Musician/Singer

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Something Else (Please Specify)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
I have always wished I could sing.

So, probably a solo artist - preferably rock/pop.

The only problem with being a singer is that you give the same basic performance, night after night after night
You get caught up in doing a "greatest hits" set with no room for improvisation

A good friend of ours is a retired athlete and member of his sport's HOF. We met late in his career but I saw enough to know - in spite of the financial rewards - I would never want to go through what he did and still does, albeit to a lesser extent these days.

Knowing him as I do, I also know what he endured was exacerbated by his personality. He's a great guy, fantastic family man, but he's a very private person and the notoriety that comes with being a sports superstar was a great drudgery for him and by extension his family and even friends when we were with him in public.

Try to imagine what's it's like when simple things like going to the grocery store, a mall, a movie or restaurant or wherever always turns into a circus of people who want to see you, touch you, want an autograph, a picture taken, etc., etc. And not just once in a while but every time you stepped out of your house in those days.

I'm nowhere near as private a person, but still there is no way in the world I'd want to put up with the nonstop attention/adulation. Probably sounds weird to some but having experienced it many times with our friend I know I'd be sick and tired of it in a very short time.

A good friend of ours is a retired athlete and member of his sport's HOF. We met late in his career but I saw enough to know - in spite of the financial rewards - I would never want to go through what he did and still does, albeit to a lesser extent these days.

Knowing him as I do, I also know what he endured was exacerbated by his personality. He's a great guy, fantastic family man, but he's a very private person and the notoriety that comes with being a sports superstar was a great drudgery for him and by extension his family and even friends when we were with him in public.

Try to imagine what's it's like when simple things like going to the grocery store, a mall, a movie or restaurant or wherever always turns into a circus of people who want to see you, touch you, want an autograph, a picture taken, etc., etc. And not just once in a while but every time you stepped out of your house in those days.

I'm nowhere near as private a person, but still there is no way in the world I'd want to put up with the nonstop attention/adulation. Probably sounds weird to some but having experienced it many times with our friend I know I'd be sick and tired of it in a very short time.
Who is it? Bruce Jenner?

I have had some good times as a musician but I always wanted to be a professional football player.
Every athelete wishes they were a great actor/singer. Every singer wishes they were a great actor/athelete and every actor wishes they were what they aren't.

People who do 2 or all three are amazing. Jlo, Steve Martin, who else did 2?

Has any athelete ever been a singer/actor? Maybe the rock?

Paul Robeson

Who is it? Bruce Jenner?
Oh, darn!

I would be a singer, but because of my being such a fan of country music that is more traditional compared to what gets played more on country radio these days, I highly doubt that I would get that much attention.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I've always dreamed of being an internationally renowned message board poster

If I could make money on line (without prostituting myself) I would love it - my husband would leave me though... so ... I would have to work for someone else in an office....

Any takers??? :)

If I could make money on line (without prostituting myself) I would love it - my husband would leave me though... so ... I would have to work for someone else in an office....

Any takers??? :)

wfh-banner-1.jpg

Forum List

Back