What just happened to my son

Im not religious but I am very spiritual and believe with all of my heart and soul in God. Prayers are very much appreciated.

He wasnt embarrassed - he was and still is scared.

Im lucky to have a relationship with my son that's very close even now that he is 13 - he tells me nearly everything.....even when sometimes its uncomfortable to both of us. I am however, taking him next week to talk to a counselor reccommended by his Youth Group leader....just to make sure.

Thank you again to everyone. The collective power of prayer and good, positive wishes is more healing than anything and Im touched by the amount my family has received from here today.

poor kid hit the pillow almost the moment he got to his dads last nite. I'll find out more today about him. the wife had some bad dreams but seems to be sleeping better now. I'm up early, as usual, and just trying to get collected so I can get the things done I need to. Hopefully by the end of next month I'll have them in a somewhat safer neighborhood.

Day 2 and I only have ONE thing to say:

I FUCKING HATE the PD.

:mad:

KL and DK:

I saw this thread last night, but didn't post until now because, frankly, I was horrified and angered to the point of speechlessness.

We're being overrun by filthy, soulless, parasitical sociopaths. My older brother, who has lived in dallas since he got out of the service in '72, recently moved to Garland. He sums it up in one sentence: " Life's cheap down here."

For whar it's worth, folks, all my prayers and best wishes are with you. I am so terribly sorry this happened.

Originally posted by musicman
My older brother, who has lived in dallas since he got out of the service in '72, recently moved to Garland. He sums it up in one sentence: " Life's cheap down here."

wow, that's pretty sad.

KL & DK,

I'm sorry for what your son had to endure. But, I'm thankful that he was unharmed and is now back home with his family that obviously loves him a lot. That's the most important part for a child that has experienced something so traumatic.

It's difficult to understand how people can have such disrepect for human life to pull shit like this. For now I would allow the police investigation to run it's course and see what it turns up. I know thats hard to do, as I'm sure the 2 of you would like to do a little vigilante work yourselves, and I'm sure no one can hardly blame you. If the PD doesn't pan out, just say the word and I'd be pleased to drive there and help you find the bastards and let them see what a NY beating is all about.

You know, it's bad enough when you hear about this stuff happening to adults. When I hear about someone taking advantage of children it really pisses me off and makes me want to hurt people.

Just thank God that you have that little boy home safe in your arms. I hope he recovers from the event quickly and can get past it without any psychological harm. As you can see, he is in everyone's prayers, mine included.

-Jim

HOOOOOLY HANAH! I started reading the initial post of what happened, and almost didn't think it was for real. What a terrible, TERRIBLE thing to have happen to a kid.

Once when I was young, I was walking home from school and took a short cut that I had never taken before. It was through some woods. I had heard there was quick sand in there and I wanted to see it. I came to this muddy spot and stood in it thinking "am I supposed to sink". All of a sudden this guy popped out of nowhere. Scared the holy hell out of me. He was saying "I'm gonna get ya, I'm gonna get ya". I ran as fast as I possible could. I ran up to a building that was being built and hollered out to the guys working there that someone was after me. They said "well then get going", which didn't give much comfort. I was almost home when my Mom and Dad came driving up. I guess I was running a little late and they were looking for me. As I was very visibly shaken I told them what had happened. Mom was very releaved that I was OK. Dad was upset that I hadn't walked home the usual way on the street. Point is, I think I know how your kid feels.

First thing I think is "did your son get the lisence plate number, what kind of car it was, color". It's hard to hide a vehicle, and sometimes these low life animals don't have enough brains to.

Finaly, I so sorry for this to have happened to you. You're in my prayers.

Im sorry I couldnt reply sooner.

Me being only a year older than your son, this is really alarming to me. I am very glad that your son is seemingly ok, but I am also intensly angry that such an event can happen to someone I (sort of) know. You have my best wishes. I am trully very sorry.

KL and DK, I am so very sorry for what happened to your little boy. My stomach is just churning. My two just turned 3 and I couldn't imagine being in your situation. I'm so so so very glad he's home and safe with yall (or at least safe at his dad's, right now). Your son is so brave.
I'm torn between sick to my stomach, pissed off as hell and utter relief that he's home!!!!
You all will be in our Prayers!!!
{{{HUGS}}}

KL and DK.....Ive been away this weekend and am just now reading about your situation. First let me say thank God your son is physically ok. Second, stay mad as hell and third, if you decide to go after these guys let me know and I will be there lickity split to join in. Animals like this need to be eliminated before they strike again and something more tragic happens. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Take care and stay safe.

Regards
Pete

DK/KL,

I just got back on the boards. I am truly sorry about what happened. If I lived any closer I would offer my services (and my 9mm) to the cause. For now though, y'all will be in my prayers. And I don't think I need to say it, but you might consider some type of counseling for your son, whether through church or a psychiatrist (sp?).

Oh my God. What is going on? I just read your post and I am so releived to find out your son is ok! My wishes and prayers go to all of your family. Take care of them and cherish them.

Are things close to normal now?

KL & DK,

Unfortanately, with all that went on this weekend, I never had the chance to truly reply to any of this or talk to you on the phone. I am truly sorry to hear about this, yet sickened as well. It's really sad when something like this happens. I do hope that all is well and that your Son is mending from this, I am sure it's a tough thing and something you don't get over too easy.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
We live in a nice neighborhood; an affluent neighborhood. My son was outside playing 2 streets away (he is 13).
He knows he is to check in every 30 mintues - he didnt.

I knew something was wrong. I KNEW IT. We looked for him for an hour or more. I called DK and my son's father. Finally my daughter and I found him walking up the main street to the neighborhood, bawling and disheveled.

As he was playing, a car pulled up and told him to get in - he immediately ran the other way. The 2 men chased him, caught him and shoved him in the car. They drove him about 2 miles away to an alley behind a store and demanded his money which he gave to them. He wont tell me or the police what else happened. He then walked home in a state of shock to the point that he couldnt even think to call me to come to him.

The police came and took a report. My son is shaken beyond beleif, as am I.

We were lucky - they could have not shoved him out of the car.

I am scared to the point of vomiting. I am angry - beyond angry. I feel that I could do things right now that I dont even believe in. I want these bastards to pay. dearly.

What the fuck kind of society do we live in that things like this can happen? Yet they happen everyday. I want these fucks on a silver platter. I want to serve up a horrid punishment that they deserve. Wrong, yes. But its how I feel.

The worse part is, there is really nothing we can do.

Damnit, our CHILDREN should at the very least be safe.

I am just now reading this and am so sorry. This is a mother and fathers worst nightmare. I am glad he is home safe now and I hope you catch these asswipes!!!!

It is one level of scumbaginess to mug an adult, but to harm a child brings one into a level of scuminess which is punishable by mutilation.

DK & KL-

I, like everyone here, am very sorry to hear about this, and I hope that your son will semi-forget about this, though it might take many years.

Take care & may the culprits end up dead from the plague.

I have dreams and visions about finding these fucks and cutting off body parts one at a time - Ive turned into someone I dont know.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
I have dreams and visions about finding these fucks and cutting off body parts one at a time - Ive turned into someone I dont know.

Don't let the emotion take over your logical side.

Use the emotion to AMPLIFY the logical side.

You need to logically institute a new view on safety and prepared defense for ALL scenarios and let the emotion evolve into a nice caged little beastie waiting for the proper moment to be loosed.

That way when the threat comes, it will be decimated in a heartbeat, and you wont even know you did it.

Forum List

Back