What Jordan Prevented Last April

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It would have been horrific:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/22/AR2005062202501.html
Chemical Expert Testifies in Jordan Trial

By JAMAL HALABY
The Associated Press
Wednesday, June 22, 2005; 11:41 PM

AMMAN, Jordan -- Islamic militants planned to detonate an explosion that would have sent a cloud of toxic chemicals across Jordan, causing death, blindness and sickness, a chemical expert testified in a military court Wednesday.

Col. Najeh al-Azam was giving evidence in the trial of 13 men who are alleged to have planned what would have been the world's first chemical attack by the al-Qaida terror group. The accused include al-Qaida's leader in Iraq, Abu-Musab Al-Zarqawi, and three other fugitives who are being tried in absentia.

Jordanian security services foiled the plot in April last year. Jordanian officials say that had it been carried out, thousands of people would have died.

"They sought to disperse poisonous gases which would have caused death, illnesses and blindness," Azam testified.

Al-Azam said the defendants also had oxygen, sulfuric acid and nitroglycerin.

A consultant on weapons of mass destruction, Andy Oppenheimer of Jane's Information Group, told The Associated Press that some of the substances identified in Wednesday's hearing could be used in chemical weapons and were "extremely volatile."

The indictment says al-Zarqawi intended that suicide bombers would detonate vehicles filled with the chemicals in an attack on the Amman headquarters of the intelligence department.

menewa said:
A horrible scheme.

What is their motive?

Jordan is outspoken against terrorism. In fact, their Queen has led several unreported marching demonstrations against them and their activities.
(she's also really hot!)

no1tovote4 said:
Jordan is outspoken against terrorism. In fact, their Queen has led several unreported marching demonstrations against them and their activities.
(she's also really hot!)
Bzzzttt Wrong answer. :laugh: The correct answer is "WE ARE CREATING THE TERRORISTS!" :rolleyes:

Don't forget the lib propaganda machine wants people like this treated humanely, as if they were people you could care about and who would care about you! They are not criminal thugs; they are this century's Minutemen. Have some compassion! Ho! Ho!

menewa said:
A horrible scheme.

What is their motive?

To terrorize the people of jordan into supporting their militant agenda. Do you not understand what terrorism is?

rtwngAvngr said:
To terrorize the people of jordan into supporting their militant agenda. Do you not understand what terrorism is?

The motives behind different terrorists groups differ and may be complicated. In order to better counter terrorism, it is crucial to understand what is driving them. I don't buy into simplistic responses such as "they hate freedom." That explains nada.

Wait....the Queen of Jordan (who is very beautiful) is outspoken against terrorism and organized numerous anti-terrorism marches in her nation....and our media....didnt....cover it?

I don't understand...the main-stream media DIDN'T cover an event which individuals marched against supporting terrorists and terrorism in Iraq and Afganistan? Individuals from a Middle Eastern nation? How bizarre! How odd! I'm sure it was just a mix-up. I mean, the MSM would have certainly covered ONE of the NUMEROUS marches if they had only gotten the memo about it... ;)

Gem said:
I don't understand...the main-stream media DIDN'T cover an event which individuals marched against supporting terrorists and terrorism in Iraq and Afganistan? Individuals from a Middle Eastern nation? How bizarre! How odd! I'm sure it was just a mix-up. I mean, the MSM would have certainly covered ONE of the NUMEROUS marches if they had only gotten the memo about it... ;)

SSSSHHHHHHH! The MSM's memo says: "NO POSITIVE REPORTING ABOUT THE WOT AT ANY TIME!!!! Keep the folks in the dark--report every miserable detail you can come across and embellish. Make up something if you can't find anything bad enough to arouse people's passions. That will make the not-in-the-knows and those who couldn't care less think everything is going as badly as possible, Then they will demand that the U.S. get out of Iraq before victory is won. Victory against the terrorists is not worth the money spent or the cost in human lives."

Rather have Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Middle East overrun by Islamist fanatics than have people think George W. Bush was right in taking the fight to the terrorists and establishing the first ever pockets of freedom in the Middle East. That dumb Texas cowboy is just too stupid to achieve anything of that magnitude.

menewa said:
The motives behind different terrorists groups differ and may be complicated. In order to better counter terrorism, it is crucial to understand what is driving them. I don't buy into simplistic responses such as "they hate freedom." That explains nada.

We're not discussing what their agenda is. We're discussing the purpose of releasing toxic clouds. That's to terrorize people into supporting them, whatever their agenda may be. See how you're changing the subject?

menewa said:

99% of all terrorist activity in the world is being brought to bear by Islamic extremists....that being said take a stroll down the road of history...ya only have to go back as far as the "Ottoman Empire" to see the agenda of the terrorist...they are fully organized to see the take over of the world by Islam...pure and simple...and must be once again stopped.... :2guns:

menewa said:

See menewa. Rove was right. You think understanding the motivations of our enemy is more important than fighting them. YOU PROVE HIS VERY STATEMENT TRUE. Was this a joke?

menewa said:

How about "they hate you"? Not all Jordanians, just terrorists.

Interesting how we are not seeing much coverage on this?

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/06/historys-largest-wmd-trial-begins.html

So what else is astounding about this case?

The chemicals are believed to be VX nerve gas. There was 20 tons of the weapons and explosives captured coming into Jordan from Syria. Syria doesn't make VX. Saddam Hussein's Iraq did.

The defendants also had oxygen, sulfuric acid and nitroglycerin. These are highly combustible substances which the defendants had planned to use to cause explosions that would have dispersed the toxic chemicals.

Al-Qaida Terrorist Azmi Al-Jayouzi is currently on trial in Jordan. During testimony last month Al-Jayouzi threw his shoes at prosecutors when the death of his comrades during a fire fight was discussed. He was captured during the fighting along with a truck load of chemical weapons.

Al-Jayouzi made demands of the court in the first hearing last year:

“I and the other defendants don’t want to speak to you until you heed our demands to permit our families to visit us and allow us to join the cellblocks of political prisoners,” al-Jayousi told Colonel Fawaz Buqour, president of the State Security Court.
SOUNDS A LOT LIKE GITMO? :shocked:
Buqour responded: “We’ll see.” Military prosecutors said the defendants were confined to solitary confinement in an undisclosed Jordanian prison.

“Go to hell!,” al-Jayousi shouted, sporting a beard and standing in the dock with the eight other defendants, most of them in dark blue prison uniforms and chained at the ankle....

Said1 said:
Somehow, I have a feeling that was sarcasm. :whip:
Interesting how not every country is like the US, beating themselves up at every turn. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back