What it's like to work in prison, some days

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
This is an actual report I wrote and why I decided to quit, as the ranking officers routinely do not follow policy. 6 plus years was more than enough. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.
*****************************************************************************************************
Use Of Force Incident Sunday 01-18-2015 14:32.

I was posted to segregation as I had been the two previous days and was again having problems with the offender in cell J3-156, Williams. Offender Williams had been throwing water mixed with urine and feces through his door since Friday. I had notified the shift supervisor several times. No action was taken. I opened all the rec yard doors to get the smell out. Williams continued to throw this mix out of his cell during all the three shifts that I worked. One janitor had to be sent home because he did not want to deal with it. Today Williams told me that he needed to use the toilet so I turned his water on and he proceeded to have a bowel movement. I came out of the water access area and went to look in his cell to see what he was doing and he was scooping the contents of the toilet out into containers, or something. I could not tell what containers exactly because it was dark in the cell. The cell light had been off for at least three days, as he had destroyed it. He was also pushing the toilet flush button repeatedly. I went back and shut off the cell water and resumed my duties.

He continued to throw this nasty water mix out of his cell through the places where the door is against the door frame, or the gap in the door by the floor The shift supervisor was notified of his continuing behavior, as was the Assistant Warden. Periodically I would mop up this mess so it would not get into other offenders cells.

Eventually I had collected over one-half of a mop bucket full of brownish stinking water. Williams repeatedly told me that I was cleaning up his piss and shit. I told him that sooner or later he would be forced to stop it. Later, A nurse came in to seg for pill call after 1 pm and we went up to William’s cell and she asked him if he wanted his pills and he said yes. She had his pills and a paper cup with water in it, and I opened the food tray chute. Offender Williams then threw his cup out onto the hallway floor, missing the nurse, and then she gave him his pills and the water.

When I tried to close the food tray chute, offender Williams placed his arm into the opening and would not allow me to close the chute, so I left it open and assisted The nurse completing pill call. As the Nurse was leaving seg, a sergeant was coming in seg and I told her that Williams would not allow me to close the food tray chute and she told me to document that, and then she left. If she had followed policy she would have called for an entry team and took him down if he did not release the food tray slot. I returned to my desk and documented this. As I sat there I saw offender Williams place his penis in the food tray chute and urinate onto the hallway floor. As I watched, he began to throw his toilet water mix out the food tray chute onto other cell doors and toward the desk. I called the shift supervisor and told her what he was doing and she said she would come over to seg.

I got up from the desk, As I came around the desk I told him to stop. He continued to throw out this mix and he threw a cup of it and hit me with it, striking me in the head and chest. He was preparing to douse me again when I deployed chemical agents on him to defend myself. Somehow my hand received a cut during this incident. Earlier I had asked the shift supervisor to place him on property restriction but this was not done. This offender should have been made to stop this behavior before it got to this point where I had a use of force but it was not. I was simply told to document or watch him, etc. Nothing was done to stop him for three days and it ended up in a use of force that could have been avoided. No one is going to get away with dousing me with shit and piss. The asst warden, 3 sgts and two LT’s knew about this and did not follow policy. As a result of this I can no longer work in the segregation unit effectively.

I would like to press charges on this offender but from my experience OIG will do nothing nor will the Sheriffs department.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Sounds like guards are as powerless as public school teachers.
We can defend ourself but that's about it. The policies are in effect solely to not have a use of force. I had over ten there and they were wary of me, not the goddamn scum.

This is an actual report I wrote and why I decided to quit, as the ranking officers routinely do not follow policy. 6 plus years was more than enough. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.
*****************************************************************************************************

I was posted to segregation as I had been the two previous days and was again having problems with the offender in cell J3-156, Williams. Offender Williams had been throwing water mixed with urine and feces through his door since Friday. I had notified the shift supervisor several times. No action was taken. I opened all the rec yard doors to get the smell out. Williams continued to throw this mix out of his cell during all the three shifts that I worked. One janitor had to be sent home because he did not want to deal with it. Today Williams told me that he needed to use the toilet so I turned his water on and he proceeded to have a bowel movement. I came out of the water access area and went to look in his cell to see what he was doing and he was scooping the contents of the toilet out into containers, or something. I could not tell what containers exactly because it was dark in the cell. The cell light had been off for at least three days, as he had destroyed it. He was also pushing the toilet flush button repeatedly. I went back and shut off the cell water and resumed my duties.

He continued to throw this nasty water mix out of his cell through the places where the door is against the door frame, or the gap in the door by the floor The shift supervisor was notified of his continuing behavior, as was the Assistant Warden. Periodically I would mop up this mess so it would not get into other offenders cells.

Eventually I had collected over one-half of a mop bucket full of brownish stinking water. Williams repeatedly told me that I was cleaning up his piss and shit. I told him that sooner or later he would be forced to stop it. Later, A nurse came in to seg for pill call after 1 pm and we went up to William’s cell and she asked him if he wanted his pills and he said yes. She had his pills and a paper cup with water in it, and I opened the food tray chute. Offender Williams then threw his cup out onto the hallway floor, missing the nurse, and then she gave him his pills and the water.

When I tried to close the food tray chute, offender Williams placed his arm into the opening and would not allow me to close the chute, so I left it open and assisted The nurse completing pill call. As the Nurse was leaving seg, a sergeant was coming in seg and I told her that Williams would not allow me to close the food tray chute and she told me to document that, and then she left. If she had followed policy she would have called for an entry team and took him down if he did not release the food tray slot. I returned to my desk and documented this. As I sat there I saw offender Williams place his penis in the food tray chute and urinate onto the hallway floor. As I watched, he began to throw his toilet water mix out the food tray chute onto other cell doors and toward the desk. I called the shift supervisor and told her what he was doing and she said she would come over to seg.

I got up from the desk, As I came around the desk I told him to stop. He continued to throw out this mix and he threw a cup of it and hit me with it, striking me in the head and chest. He was preparing to douse me again when I deployed chemical agents on him to defend myself. Somehow my hand received a cut during this incident. Earlier I had asked the shift supervisor to place him on property restriction but this was not done. This offender should have been made to stop this behavior before it got to this point where I had a use of force but it was not. I was simply told to document or watch him, etc. Nothing was done to stop him for three days and it ended up in a use of force that could have been avoided. No one is going to get away with dousing me with shit and piss. The asst warden, 3 sgts and two LT’s knew about this and did not follow policy. As a result of this I can no longer work in the segregation unit effectively.

I would like to press charges on this offender but from my experience OIG will do nothing nor will the Sheriffs department.

Thanks.

They use something called "the chair" for that here these days.

I've seen some of those fucked-up people, the shit-writers, cannibals, Muslims, hitmen, rapists, state babies.

Probably state babies are the worst.

Detention officers are free to use wall and floor therapy when there is non-compliance, though. :rolleyes:

Piss-cup throwers, eh, they get the short-spoon, 'nomsayin'?

Last edited:
  • Banned

Thanks.

I've seen some of those fucked-up people, the shit-writers, cannibals, Muslims, hitmen, rapists, state babies.

Detention officers are free to use wall and floor therapy when there is non-compliance, though. :rolleyes:

Where I worked we had an 8 step procedure that by step 4 we had to call for assistance if we could. Fuck 'em. I gassed the shit out of a lot of them, and slammed one turds head into the wall.

Thanks.

Where I worked we had an 8 step procedure that by step 4 we had to call for assistance if we could. Fuck 'em. I gassed the shit out of a lot of them, and slammed one turds head into the wall.

Some need a little wall and floor therapy. One has to use discretion.

All I have to say is, some of those guys have a lot more patience than me.

I could not do that job.

If anyone was curious, this was a white offender and on that Sunday at 2:30, he became more orange that President Trump.:)

Thanks.

Very alarming that you had an open wound.

Only two years ago?

Can you request a copy of that prisoners medical records?

Also, yeah, that type of fucking stupidity, I have seen in big organizations.

Rules are made by morons at the top, and then selectively enforced.

You step out of line, they fall on you like a ton of bricks.

You get fucked by rules not being followed and

silence_title_image-624x351.jpg

Thanks.

Very alarming that you had an open wound.

Only two years ago?

Can you request a copy of that prisoners medical records?

Also, yeah, that type of fucking stupidity, I have seen in big organizations.

Rules are made by morons at the top, and then selectively enforced.

You step out of line, they fall on you like a ton of bricks.

You get fucked by rules not being followed and

silence_title_image-624x351.jpg

I tried to get his medical records but the warden refused. I spoke to one of the nurses about it and she reported me to the warden and the warden called and told not to ask for them again. Later another nurse privately told me that he didn't have anything to worry about. I hate those bastards. They don't give a good goddamn about the staff. She could have gotten fired for that. I never told anyone about it.

I still think we should drop piece of shit criminals off on a deserted island and let them fend for themselves. Have a few boats patrolling to shoot anyone trying to escape.

I still think we should drop piece of shit criminals off on a deserted island and let them fend for themselves. Have a few boats patrolling to shoot anyone trying to escape.
LIberal pos have made it so the staff cannot do anything to control the convicts unless you are being assaulted, except write them up. And to some offenders the write up has no effect on them.

I worked in a Facility for a short time and found it to be possibly the worst job I ever had in my life... Crazy part about it was I worked outside the fence in the warehouse...
I did have offenders working for me building skids of groceries for 9000 meals a day...
The kitchen prepared about 1800 meals for the main facility and the Reception and Diagnostic Center was right next door holding close to 1200 rotating new offenders...
3000 meals breakfast, lunch and super... I hated toting those skids back and forth threw the sallyport as each one had to be inspected...
The smell of a prison is absolutely disgusting... Once you have experienced it, you will never forget... I would have not lasted an hour in a custody position... Just not built that way... I have a whole ton of respect for those who do and may God watch their backs...

Just the idea of being locked inside and outnumbered if anything went down was enough to creep me out... Most of the offenders that I was around were just ordinary guys that got caught doing really stupid stuff and some of them just got caught doing things I had done in the past... I only lasted a little over a year in the job...

Just the idea of being locked inside and outnumbered if anything went down was enough to creep me out... Most of the offenders that I was around were just ordinary guys that got caught doing really stupid stuff and some of them just got caught doing things I had done in the past... I only lasted a little over a year in the job...
Some of the offenders I worked with were better employees and workers than the actual employees.

Forum List

Back