What it means to be Born Again

I agree the Bible demands Christians teach more than the Gospel of Christ. and I don't agree with specific Mormon teachings...but rarely ( if ever) do I disagree with the gist of Avatars posts.

Im not sure Ill ever be able to move past the Gospel of Christs grace, spirit of inclusion & forgiveness.
Im definitely on the slow bus to spirituality. ( as far as total Biblical truth)
I believe in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Not religion, featherlite. If it requires other books, other teachings that are not found in the Bible I cannot accept that as truth. We cannot add or take away from the Word of God and those who do what Joseph Smith did will face a severe judgment for it. 50% truth is a lie. 75% truth is a lie. 99% truth is still a lie. It must be the 100% truth or it isn't the truth. Truth is sovereign. It doesn't change to acomodate us. Many will part with the truth at the first sign of trouble whereas those who know the Truth cannot be sacrificed will hold fast to it no matter the cost.

While grace is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so is judgment. We must take in the whole counsel of God and not just part of it or we will become unbalanced in our beliefs. Reading your Bible and studying it will help you grow spiritually. Your obedience to God - to His Word could cause you to grow by leaps and bounds, featherlite. It is our obedience that opens our spiritual eyes to greater understanding of the Word of God. One act of obedience could lead God to reveal something in Scripture to you that took some cerebral bible scholar 15 years to grasp. It is the Holy Spirit who is the author and revelator of the Scriptures. He is our teacher. All we have to do is ask. If you will to do the will of God you shall know it. John 7:17 speaks about this. Thank you for your response.

note - I believe Avatar is a nice person but I disagree with him about the Mormon religion. Our truth has to be based on the Word of God alone. Joseph Smith was into the occult. We cannot drink from the cup of demons and the cup of the LORD. We must make a choice and come out from what we know is wrong. Sometimes peer pressure can make it very difficult for a person to leave a religion they know they must leave. The right response is to pray for them that God will give them the strength to do it. Even if it means family members and friends abandoning us. Jesus Christ is worthy of whatever we must do to follow him.

Last edited:
Yes I am. And I give God praise for Jesus Christ and the life I have in Him! There is no better life than to walk with God every day. I wouldn't trade it for anything this world has to offer! He's everything to me! :eusa_angel:

Yes I am. And I give God praise for Jesus Christ and the life I have in Him! There is no better life than to walk with God every day. I wouldn't trade it for anything this world has to offer! He's everything to me! :eusa_angel:

Empty phrases - and even if this phrases would not be empty then it would be senseless. Let me ask you something else: Do you need help? Do you suffer something what you are not able to speak about directly?

Last edited:
The Lord requires us to live off every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Not just pick and choose. He also requires us to not deny the Holy Spirit.

My thoughts have been on what I read here this morning. What exactly is wrong with religion? The apostle James encouraged us to practice what he called "pure" religion. (james1:20). Why is that bad?

also, how do you have a relationship with someone you are always trying to keep quiet? In most good relationships I know the key is open and good communication. How can you have that if you are always telling God that unless He has already said it in the Bible, you don't want to here it? That's not a healthy relationship. In a healthy relationship you can talk about anything. Just doesn't seem right.

You are mistaken. Joseph Smith was a false prophet that taught a false message.

You are a false prophet that teaches a false message.

Matthew 7:21-23
21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you;

There is nothing in your words that seems to be anything similar to the message of Christ.

Empty phrases - and even if this phrases would not be empty then it would be senseless. Let me ask you something else: Do you need help? Do you suffer something what you are not able to speak about directly?

My help comes from the LORD. He is my portion. What Jesus Christ has done for me I desire for Him to do for all mankind. But how can He do this when He sends His Holy Spirit to draw mankind to Him and they refuse to come? If you reject so great a salvation what shall become of you? I can see that you have no peace, no joy, that you are a very tormented individual and while I feel great compassion for the lost state you are in - I believe until you are ready to repent and to seek the LORD with your whole heart and call upon Jesus Christ - there is no hope for you, Z.

My help comes from the LORD. He is my portion.

What?

What Jesus Christ has done for me I desire for Him to do for all mankind. But how can He do this when He sends His Holy Spirit to draw mankind to Him and they refuse to come? If you reject so great a salvation what shall become of you? I can see that you have no peace, no joy, that you are a very tormented individual and while I feel great compassion for the lost state you are in - I believe until you are ready to repent and to seek the LORD with your whole heart and call upon Jesus Christ - there is no hope for you, Z.

maybe you should buy new glasses. There's still tar in your feathers from your last visit in a catholic church service.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you were into Catholic paganism. It explains some things. There is no salvation in Catholicism. You must be born again. Find a bible believing Church that teaches from the King James Bible.

I didn't realize you were into Catholic paganism. It explains some things. There is no salvation in Catholicism. You must be born again. Find a bible believing Church that teaches from the King James Bible.

Who is King James? One of the new crazy english kings? What is a Merlin (Ahlwin) like I able to do with your strange world of ideas from the 15th/16th century? Much to modern for me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back