What it means to be a political moderate

"The moderate does not believe that there are policies that are permanently right. Situations matter most. Tax cuts might be right one decade but wrong the next. Tighter regulations might be right one decade, but if sclerosis sets in then deregulation might be in order."

Good article...

There's the proof that moderates are idiots. Economic policies are either always right or always wrong. The laws of economics don't change.
there is also proof that Far Righties and Far Lefties are idiots....the proof......you think Dean is an idiot and he thinks your an idiot.....

Isn't a moderate just another fence sitter? No convictions, no sense of right or wrong - just sitting on the fence watching the world go by?

:eusa_whistle:

no, a moderate is someone who thinks for themself.

clearly, you're not qualified.

Actually, they don't think at all. Unable to. That's the problem.

What, you gonna send me some more private messages? :badgrin:

Blindly following an ideology is thinking? :lol: No, it's being intellectually lazy.

Moderates are fucking slackers and are either stupid or lying. I'm not a politician so I don't have to coddle you or pretend I'm impressed with your imaginary "thoughtfulness" or that your "opinion" matters and I need to sway you. You're fucking morons and are not paying attention. I don't give a single fuck what you "think" about anything

"Give me Liberty or give me a few weeks to mull it over" -- Ima Moderate

"I came, I saw, I need to get back to you" -- Julius Moderate

Frank if it wasnt for Moderates from both sides we would either be living in a Religious Dictatorship or California......

Obama had a supermajority to work with for two years! If Obama really thought Medicare part D was so bad, why didn't he try to repeal it? If Obama thought the Bush tax cuts were so bad, why did he extend them? If the war in Afghanistan was so bad, why did he double down on it?

Bush deserves his fair share of blame for our debt situation, but Obama we shouldn't absolve Obama from blame, after all, Obama said he would cut the deficit in half. Instead Obama has allowed all of Bush's programs to expand, and introduced what could be the killer- ObamaCare.

So, a tax increase in January of 2009 would have been a good thing in your book?

Why do you think that Obama doubled down on Afghanistan?

Bush deserves about 80% of the responsibility for the debt, Obama deserves about 20%.

As far as introducing Obamacare, the fact is that America's healthcare system is the most expensive in the world, and that's causing all kinds of economic problems, as well. People in America who don't have insurance still get treated...in the ER, which is the most expensive way they could do it, and it is costing all of us money all the time.

But, I don't think you're exactly rational on these subjects, rocko. I mean, you're pretending that you're some kind of fiscal conservative, when your plan is to try and put the spending power back into the hands of the party that dug the majority of the hole we're currently in.

Isn't a moderate just another fence sitter? No convictions, no sense of right or wrong - just sitting on the fence watching the world go by?

Speaking of convictions,,,,,,the right wing is supporting Mitt Romney?
Go back earlier in the year, righties here on these boards were supporting anyone BUT Romney, because of his moderate to liberal record. Romney does the ole' etch-a-sketch on the righties and now he is like "manna from heaven"!
I supported Jon Huntsman back then and that's the name I entering as a write-in. Now that's conviction. :cool:

Speaking of convictions,,,,,,the right wing is supporting Mitt Romney?
Go back earlier in the year, righties here on these boards were supporting anyone BUT Romney, because of his moderate to liberal record. Romney does the ole' etch-a-sketch on the righties and now he is like "manna from heaven"!
I supported Jon Huntsman back then and that's the name I entering as a write-in. Now that's conviction. :cool:

This 'rightie' has supported Mitt since the last election. I've have voted GOP in 08 if they had nominated him... and I've voted for him this time. :eusa_angel:

Ok, well, the debt has grown from 10.6 trillion to 16 trillion in just 4 years under Obama.

Yes, but most of that growth came from policies implemented by Bush...the Bush Tax Cuts, Medicare Part D, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the drastic shrinkage of revenues because of the recession that began in late 2008.

Blaming Obama for budget deficits hat he didn't create isn't exactly intellectually honest. For instance, Bush implemented the tax cuts without having a longterm solution to cover the reduction
in tax revenues, and without cutting the budget sufficiently to cover those revenue cuts.

Anyone who is a real fiscal conservative will have paid attention to these annual deficits and their causes.

This 'real conservative' has... which is why I recognize that neither Bush nor Obama carry all the responsibility. Nor do the Democrats, or the GOP.... this current clusterfuck was a bi-partisan fuck up.

Wake up, chicken little. The sky ain't falling. Someone wants you to believe that, though, because fear is a powerful motivator for some folks.

This country has weathered George W. Bush, Richard Nixon, and Jimmy Carter. We've survived being torn apart by civil war, World Wars 1&2, slavery, the racial upheaval of the 1950s-60s, Vietnam, and giving the vote to women. We'll muddle through like we always do, regardless of who gets elected.

There is plenty of irony in using a fear-based argument (ZOMG, the country is being destroyed!!!) and then calling other people cowards and pussies for being unswayed by it.

The facts are Obama will be the death of this nation. So ether you are for the USA or you are for whatever Obama creates.

voting for Romney may be just as bad......i remember so many people thought Bush was going to be a good President.......ill tell you want Thantos vote for a third party guy and REALLY be for the USA....
Prove that.

That kind of thinking is how countries go full batshit insane, and then wonder later how it happened.

The "you are either with us or against us" false dilemna leads to justifying the worst kinds of behavior.

Wake up.

Ether you want to save the USA or destroy it there is no middle ground this time....You cant be a pussy and act better cause your to chicken shit to make a decision.

Saving it means not allowing the right to set us back 150 years.

Yes, by all fucking means. Move FORWARD as quickly as you can to a 20 trillion dollar debt moron.

The facts are Obama will be the death of this nation. So ether you are for the USA or you are for whatever Obama creates.

voting for Romney may be just as bad......i remember so many people thought Bush was going to be a good President.......ill tell you want Thantos vote for a third party guy and REALLY be for the USA....
Prove that.

i dont see any proof from you that voting for Romney is going to change anything......but i am more than sure that no matter which one of these meatballs win ......3 years from now the same people will be bitching about the same dam things....cut the cord Thanato.....

Prove that.

i dont see any proof from you that voting for Romney is going to change anything......but i am more than sure that no matter which one of these meatballs win ......3 years from now the same people will be bitching about the same dam things....cut the cord Thanato.....

Thats what I thought bitch boy you cant.....Go take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. I am going to take him at his word because his word is better then the Obama's actions.

Obama had a supermajority to work with for two years! If Obama really thought Medicare part D was so bad, why didn't he try to repeal it? If Obama thought the Bush tax cuts were so bad, why did he extend them? If the war in Afghanistan was so bad, why did he double down on it?

Bush deserves his fair share of blame for our debt situation, but Obama we shouldn't absolve Obama from blame, after all, Obama said he would cut the deficit in half. Instead Obama has allowed all of Bush's programs to expand, and introduced what could be the killer- ObamaCare.

So, a tax increase in January of 2009 would have been a good thing in your book?

There's no doubt a tax increase, especially in this environment, would, to some extent, hurt the economy. I'm not sure if we should have raised taxes, and if we do raise taxes, I believe they should be raised across the board.
Why do you think that Obama doubled down on Afghanistan?

It was the wrong decision. If you think it was to get Osama, you're even more retarded than I thought.

Bush deserves about 80% of the responsibility for the debt, Obama deserves about 20%.

Obama deserves responsibility for the debt rissing while he's in office. Why can't you understand this?
As far as introducing Obamacare, the fact is that America's healthcare system is the most expensive in the world, and that's causing all kinds of economic problems, as well. People in America who don't have insurance still get treated...in the ER, which is the most expensive way they could do it, and it is costing all of us money all the time.

This is an entitlement program, not a cost cutting one. Don't bother posting CBO estimates. They're always wrong on entitlement programs. By the way, didn't the democrats say insurance costs would have declined by now?

But, I don't think you're exactly rational on these subjects, rocko. I mean, you're pretending that you're some kind of fiscal conservative, when your plan is to try and put the spending power back into the hands of the party that dug the majority of the hole we're currently in.
So, you think anyone voting for Romney over Obama, isn't a fiscal conservative. Got it. For the record, Romney is not a fiscal conservative, Bush was not a fiscal conservative, and Obama certainly is not a fiscal conservative.

Last edited:
Prove that.

Thats what I thought bitch boy you cant.....Go take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. I am going to take him at his word because his word is better then the Obama's actions.

and your stupid enough to believe a goddamned Politician running for office for one of the two Parties is going to do what he says he is?......cut the cord you dumbass......

Politicians that want to stoke the fires of Class Warfare, steal from Soc Sec and Medicare whilst PRETENDING to be it's defender, create totally unholy alliances with businesses THEY LIKE while villifying others ---- these folks need to be defeated. (and crushed, annihilated, wiped out).

It's like Global Warming and the Arctic --- you can ignore it until it gets to 32degF up there. THEN -- a lot of melting is gonna happen.. Same with the attempt to make America into a beggar/whiner society. You can ignore the threat from the leftists until they figure out how to make the MAJORITY into beggars and whiners. At that point ---- we're doomed.

If you moderates don't see that "trigger point" coming at cha ---- you better take another look...
DOn't be like those distant cousin Democrats that have no sense of self-preservation and believe the Dem party TODAY is the same Dem party of their Grandparents.. OR those "establishment" Republicans that love overblown govt authority as much as the extreme left.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back