What Islam Has Given Women

Um is it possible to talk about the actual topic here which is women in the middle east. I love the idea of talking about the subservient roles women are forced to endure throughout most of the world. The problem is that Kathianne doesn't really care about those women. She only cares about villifying Islam. How do we know? Because the problem is the middle east in general, not Islam. Every religious group in the middle east mistreats women. Women's roles in Chinese and Japanese society are equally oppressed. It's ridiculous. So can we talk about feminism or are we gonna get mired into the racial predjufice of the board's white supremacist?

Whoops, you forgot to raise the official flag: :offtopic:

Oh, and here's one for all the racists on the board: :banned03:

I vehemently reject "white supremacist" as a label for myself or any other pro-white person, but yes, Kathianne has not yet come 'round to the virtues of hardcore white advocacy. These things take time.

It's you my friend, that will come 'round! :eusa_dance:

I vehemently reject "white supremacist" as a label for myself or any other pro-white person, but yes, Kathianne has not yet come 'round to the virtues of hardcore white advocacy. These things take time.

I think that this is where you and I might agree. We should end affirmative action. Those who are in the private sector should be free to hire who they want to hire. If an employer is a white racist and hires a less qualified white person over a better-qualified black person, so be it. The relatively free market will punish him for it as the more skilled black person works for a competitor. The rest of us should move beyond skin color and prejudices. I have met some fine and classy black people and I have met some white creeps. I’m inclined to judge each person individually. It would be nice if other people had the same attitude.

I think that this is where you and I might agree. We should end affirmative action. Those who are in the private sector should be free to hire who they want to hire. If an employer is a white racist and hires a less qualified white person over a better-qualified black person, so be it. The relatively free market will punish him for it as the more skilled black person works for a competitor. The rest of us should move beyond skin color and prejudices. I have met some fine and classy black people and I have met some white creeps. I’m inclined to judge each person individually. It would be nice if other people had the same attitude.

I think that this is where you and I might agree. We should end affirmative action. Those who are in the private sector should be free to hire who they want to hire.

Affirmative Action doesn't apply to the private sector at all. This is one of the great myths of AA that gets perpetuated.

AA, by law, only applies to government/public institutions, and government contractors.

I think that this is where you and I might agree. We should end affirmative action. Those who are in the private sector should be free to hire who they want to hire.

Affirmative Action doesn't apply to the private sector at all. This is one of the great myths of AA that gets perpetuated.

AA, by law, only applies to government/public institutions, and government contractors.

Oh. My mistake. I thought that it was against the law for private businesses to discriminate based on race? Doesn’t it have something to do with a organization called the EEOC?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;

Oh. My mistake. I thought that it was against the law for private businesses to discriminate based on race? Doesn’t it have something to do with a organization called the EEOC?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;

In practical effect it does go against just about any larger company or any corporation because they all do business with the US Government in one way or another.

Affirmative action is practiced by both government and the private sector, and it is equally illegal when done by either. Federal law covers private companies in their hiring decisions, believe me!

Affirmative action is practiced by both government and the private sector, and it is equally illegal when done by either. Federal law covers private companies in their hiring decisions, believe me!

It's also illegal to rent out a nice apartment, and in the ad put "no puerto ricans" because you want to keep it nice.

Forum List

Back