What Islam Has Given Women

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I've seen all the articles on how Islam protects women, meaning the berka and hajib. It allows them to concentrate on their real issues, not the mundane as women of the West. Got to wonder though what they do behind those berkas:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23421279-details/Women+get+'virginity+fix'+NHS+operations+in+Muslim-driven+trend/article.do

Women get 'virginity fix' NHS operations in Muslim-driven trend

Women are being given controversial "virginity repair" operations on the NHS, it emerged last night.

Taxpayers funded 24 hymen replacement operations between 2005 and 2006, official figures revealed.

And increasing numbers of women are paying up to £4,000 in private clinics for the procedure apparently under pressure from future spouses or in-laws who believe they should be virgins on their wedding night.

Doctors said most patients are immigrants or British of ethnic origin.

The popularity of the operation is said to be the result of social regression caused by Islamic fundamentalism

The trend has been condemned by critics as a sign of social regression driven by Islamic fundamentalists. Some countries have made hymen reconstruction operations illegal.

Dr Magdy Hend, consultant gynaecologist at the Regency Clinic, Harley Street, London, who started hymen reconstruction more than 18 years ago in the Middle East and the Gulf, said: "In some cultures they like to see that the women will bleed on the wedding night. If the wife or bride is not a virgin, it is a big shame on the family."

Dr Hend said he was surprised by the "very good response" to the service and said there is "big competition on the market".

Most of his clients, he told More4 News, are in their teens or early 20s.

"They might be British of ethnic background, they might be immigrants, or some people come from abroad, Asia, Middle East, the Gulf, and they don't want to have it done back home," he added.

Dr Hend said demand is increasing, particularly from UK residents...

"In some cultures they like to see that the women will bleed on the wedding night."

LOL

I took a few classes at a community college that had a large middle eastern population. (It was one of five community colleges that I took classes at, and I later went on to a university, so spare me the community college jokes)

Anways, these arabs there were all driving expensive cars and shit, because their parents were doctors or oil rich. It was in an area that arabs seem to all flock to when they come to the US. On my way to class once, I counted how many times I saw a group of people speaking a foreign language from the parking lot to my class. It was about 3-4. The public areas of the college where the tables and vending machines were, they were littered with arab girls with head towels. They were always without males in their company. The males would walk around speaking their crap language.

I once held the door for one of the previously mentioned towel head girls, just trying to be nice. She didnt say a word and ignored me. Probably offended her by treating her like she was a human. Actually that happened a few times. No i wasnt being blown off by a girl, so spare me again with the jokes that the opposite sex just doesnt like me. The white girls there say thank you.

Anyways, the point to this post: its funny how these arabs try to stay true to their beliefs here or in the UK. It's bullshit, and I've pointed it out to some of them many times. These retard towel head girls going to college in America still wear their towels. Can they even go to college back home? They come to America and take advantage of America's oppurtunities. At this particular school, its wasnt uncommon for a professor to allow "language calculators" on exams, because a ton of them dont even know english. One professor told us how a student got credit for a physics question he answered wrong, because he didnt know what "equator" meant in english. HAHA. These people come here and dont assimilate, they prosper, and its a slap in the face.

These retard towel head girls going to college in America still wear their towels.

Nicely done.

You cons keep up the muslim hatred. You're alienating a once strong GOP voting constituency, muslim americans. Just like you alienated all your black support, and just like you're bleeding all your hispanic american support.

It'll just make you a white man's regional party of the deep south, that much sooner. :badgrin:

p.s.: Religious fundamentalists of all stripes and faiths bug me.

These retard towel head girls going to college in America still wear their towels.

Nicely done.

You cons keep up the muslim hatred. You're alienating a once strong GOP voting constituency, muslim americans. Just like you alienated all your black support, and just like you're bleeding all your hispanic american support.

It'll just make you a white man's regional party of the deep south, that much sooner. :badgrin:

way to miss the point of my post because i didnt stop to make sure i was PC

Nicely done.

But apparently, you don't include "liberalism" as a fundamentalist religion, which it is.

The idea that blacks, Muslims, etc. will vote Republican is absurd. Never have, never will. Reason: they don't like whites. End of story.

But again, to you, I'm sure that non-white hatred of whites isn't "racism," it's just... civil rights.

But apparently, you don't include "liberalism" as a fundamentalist religion, which it is.

The idea that blacks, Muslims, etc. will vote Republican is absurd. Never have, never will. Reason: they don't like whites. End of story.

But again, to you, I'm sure that non-white hatred of whites isn't "racism," it's just... civil rights.

"The idea that.... Muslims, etc. will vote Republican is absurd."

Polls in 2000 showed Muslims favored Bush over Mr. Gore by a wide margin - some showed support in the 90 percent range - and some groups argued that some 60,000 Muslim votes put Bush over the top in Florida.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0817/p09s01-codc.html

Don't let me stand in the way, if republicans want to self destruct, and alienate every voting constituency outside of southern white males.

Carry on! :eusa_clap:

"The idea that.... Muslims, etc. will vote Republican is absurd."

Don't let me stand in the way, if republicans want to self destruct, and alienate every voting constituency outside of southern white males.

Uh, you didn't mention this:

It's amazing how much can change in four years - years that have included Sept. 11, John Ashcroft, and the Patriot Act. The latest poll by the Council on American-Islamic Relations shows John Kerry with 54 percent of the Muslim vote in the 2004 race, comfortably ahead of Ralph Nader, who garners 26 percent. The president? With a little work he may break out of the single digits with Muslim-American voters.

Abdul Motlib, the president of Hamtramck's Al-Islah, says most of the people who frequent his center don't talk about politics, but when they do, it's clear where they stand. "We are pretty squarely behind the Democrats," he says, estimating that pretty squarely equals about 80 percent support.

"

What the fuck are you talking about? Southern white males aren't the only people voting conservative. Look at a map of voting trends. Look at California, Illinois, and New York. Look at a map county wise. Almost ALL of Illinois, California and New York, the top "blue states" are red, except for the largely minority-based urban areas.

I did you a favor and found a county map of votes in the 2004 election:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/countymapredblue.png

Here's a hint: the blue areas in California, Illinois and New York are in the urban areas, which are HUGELY populated by minorities. Notice the rest is red? Thats because if it wasnt for blacks and hispanices, the dumpocrats would have ZERO votes.

So keep playing that "southern strategy." Obviously that only makes sense if you consider the lower 48 "southern" LOL

What the fuck are you talking about? Southern white males aren't the only people voting conservative. Look at a map of voting trends. Look at California, Illinois, and New York. Look at a map county wise. Almost ALL of Illinois, California and New York, the top "blue states" are red, except for the largely minority-based urban areas.

I did you a favor and found a county map of votes in the 2004 election:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/countymapredblue.png

Here's a hint: the blue areas in California, Illinois and New York are in the urban areas, which are HUGELY populated by minorities. Notice the rest is red? Thats because if it wasnt for blacks and hispanices, the dumpocrats would have ZERO votes.

So keep playing that "southern strategy." Obviously that only makes sense if you consider the lower 48 "southern" LOL

I love it when Bush lovers point to maps, showing tons of red areas.

You appear to be unaware that much of those red areas have more cows and chickens, than people. The amount of "land" that is painted red on a map, is not indicative of anything. People vote. Not cows, not chickens, and corn fields. They don't vote

But, carry on with insulting muslim americans, hispanic americans, and black americans! I really think you republicans should keep doing it.

Thats because if it wasnt for blacks and hispanices, the dumpocrats would have ZERO votes.

This is a flat out lie. You don't treasure your credibility, do you?

Thats because if it wasnt for blacks and hispanices, the dumpocrats would have ZERO votes.

This is a flat out lie. You don't treasure your credibility, do you?

Check out what Slate had to say about it recently. That is, that Democrats essentially have an error margin of ZERO on votes because they have so pissed off white voters.

When America goes majority-nonwhite, yes, this will ensure Democratic dominance. It will also send America down the shitter.

Nicely done.

But aren't we the bright one? Seems to me he was commenting about ARABS, not Muslims. But then, THAT would make your whole post pointless and irrelevant, wouldn't it?

I also find your lumping of ALL conservatives under an extremist label quite telling of your closed-mindedness and ignorance where conservatives are concerned. YOU give liberals a bad name.

But aren't we the bright one? Seems to me he was commenting about ARABS, not Muslims. But then, THAT would make your whole post pointless and irrelevant, wouldn't it?

I also find your lumping of ALL conservatives under an extremist label quite telling of your closed-mindedness and ignorance where conservatives are concerned. YOU give liberals a bad name.

Let me know if and when you ever see a positive post on this board from a con, with respect to their fellow americans within the muslim-american community, or hispanic community. Or black community for that matter.

All I ever see from cons are derogatory, condescending, and insulting posts about muslims and hispanics.

But, I'm enjoying seeing the GOP implode by alienating every voting constituency outside of white males. :eusa_pray: It's making the day they are largely limited to being the party of southern white males that much closer.

Cheers!

Let me know if and when you ever see a positive post on this board from a con, with respect to their fellow americans within the muslim-american community, or hispanic community. Or black community for that matter.

All I ever see from cons are derogatory, condescending, and insulting posts about muslims and hispanics.

But, I'm enjoying seeing the GOP implode by alienating every voting constituency outside of white males. :eusa_pray: It's making the day they are largely limited to being the party of southern white males that much closer.

Cheers!

Let me know when you see a post from me that is derogatory in nature concerning someone's religious preference and/or ethnicity if neither are the cause of their failure to conform to society.

All I see from the closed-minded lefties like yourself is the EXACT same hatred and bigotry you accuse conservatives of ... you just aim it at a political ideology rather than a religious one or someone's ethnicity.

Quit deluding yourself. Whether or not he GOP is imploding, the Dems beat them to the punch several decades ago and STILL haven't recovered, nor are they likely to. Y'all are about as in touch with your constituency as you were back then when most of us with functioning brains bailed on your asses.

It ought to gripe your ass greatly that the only political party I have been a card-carrying member of was the Democrat party.

Let me know when you see a post from me that is derogatory in nature concerning someone's religious preference and/or ethnicity if neither are the cause of their failure to conform to society.

All I see from the closed-minded lefties like yourself is the EXACT same hatred and bigotry you accuse conservatives of ... you just aim it at a political ideology rather than a religious one or someone's ethnicity.

Quit deluding yourself. Whether or not he GOP is imploding, the Dems beat them to the punch several decades ago and STILL haven't recovered, nor are they likely to. Y'all are about as in touch with your constituency as you were back then when most of us with functioning brains bailed on your asses.

It ought to gripe your ass greatly that the only political party I have been a card-carrying member of was the Democrat party.

It doesn't gripe me in the least. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice, myself, and bailed on the republican party when they were taken over by far right religious theocons.

I'm not going to try to convince you that your party is alienating hispanics, blacks, and muslim americans. The polls of those demographics pretty much says it all.

It doesn't gripe me in the least. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice, myself, and bailed on the republican party when they were taken over by far right religious theocons.

I'm not going to try to convince you that your party is alienating hispanics, blacks, and muslim americans. The polls of those demographics pretty much says it all.

What far-right religious theocons would those be? A figment of an overly-fertile imagination perhaps?

I find it rather amusing that you claim the GOP is alienating minorities when the fact of the matter is, YOUR party just panders to them but in actuality does absolutely NOTHING for them but keep them where they are for future votes paid for by promised handouts.

And look at the welfare state your great party has created ... people too f-ing dumb to get out from in front of a Cat 5 hurricane. They just stood there watching it roll in, waiting on Big Brother to tell them what they were supposed to do. I will give you kudos for the deflection job you did blaming the federal gov't for being responsible for a subculture of dependency YOU created.

Oh, and I don't have a party, thanks. I vote for who I think will be the best President, or more often than not, who will do the least damage to this nation. The Dems haven't been in the running for that in a long, long time.

What far-right religious theocons would those be? A figment of an overly-fertile imagination perhaps?

Right. Mitt Romney flip flopped his previous pro-choice views, to anti-abortion based on sheer principle. Not because the GOP base are religious rightwing fanatics. LOL

And look at the welfare state your great party has created ... people too f-ing dumb to get out from in front of a Cat 5 hurricane. They just stood there watching it roll in, waiting on Big Brother to tell them what they were supposed to do. I will give you kudos for the deflection job you did blaming the federal gov't for being responsible for a subculture of dependency YOU created.

Oh, and I don't have a party, thanks. I vote for who I think will be the best President, or more often than not, who will do the least damage to this nation. The Dems haven't been in the running for that in a long, long time.

What I saw in Katrina, were fellow americans that desperately needed our help. It didn't cross my mind to blame the victims, or call them stupid for getting caught in a hurricane.

But, that's why I suppose virtually all blacks, and the overwhelming majority of other ethnic minorities refuse to vote for the party of racism: the GOP

Right. Mitt Romney flip flopped his previous pro-choice views, to anti-abortion based on sheer principle. Not because the GOP base are religious rightwing fanatics. LOL

What I saw in Katrina, were fellow americans that desperately needed our help. It didn't cross my mind to blame the victims, or call them stupid for getting caught in a hurricane.

But, that's why I suppose virtually all blacks, and the overwhelming majority of other ethnic minorities refuse to vote for the party of racism: the GOP

So who cares about Mitt Romney? You're WAY off. The GOP base is nothing of the sort. That's just propaganda you choose to believe.

Your comment on Katrina is nonsensical, nor does it support your misguided opinion that the GOP is the party of racism. If anyone is racist, it's the Dems. Y'all buy minority votes with cheesy handouts the way grandma buys little kids with candy, then it's off to their room until next election.

So who cares about Mitt Romney? You're WAY off. The GOP base is nothing of the sort. That's just propaganda you choose to believe.

Your comment on Katrina is nonsensical, nor does it support your misguided opinion that the GOP is the party of racism. If anyone is racist, it's the Dems. Y'all buy minority votes with cheesy handouts the way grandma buys little kids with candy, then it's off to their room until next election.

The GOP base is absolutely the religious right. Bought and sold. It's where money comes from. It's where the voters come from. It's where the grass roots folk who carry the petitions come from.

As for the Katrina thing.. er.. well, there were certainly enough vocal folk from your side of the aisle (not all) who very much had a blame the victim mentality. Was it racist? I never really thought it was that. I thought, mostly, it was classist. It was also in keeping with people running government who HATE government and want it to shrivel up so they can "drown it in the bathtub".

You know, kind of like making someone our ambassador to an organization who holds that organization in contempt. probably not the best of ideas.

Forum List

Back