What is your view of adoption?

-Cp said:
It's your rhedoric and only that which I can make character judgements about you on... start posting stuff that shows signs of intelligent life and maybe I'll change my tune ...

I repeat, what have you done in the real world?

nucular said:
I repeat, what have you done in the real world?

What have YOU done in the real world that puts you above such assessments? :D

i would certainly want to adopt. i actually would adopt as many as i had room for, if i won the lottery. it saddens me to think about all the kids who don't have a loving home. age and race would not be a factor. i just would take the kids next in line for families, especially siblings, so as to not split them up.

nucular said:
One thing that you might agree with is, having been born in Wisconsin, I left it.

...and that puts you above character judgements how, exactly?

Gabriella84 said:
If you and your partner were unable to conceive a child, would you consider adoption? Would you consider adopting an older child? From another nation?

No.
No.
And, no.

I have the greatest admiration for those who do adopt, regardless of whether they are infants or older children, or whether they are from the US or another nation.

I have one child, two stepchildren, two grandchildren and don't have the time, energy or resources to adopt. I'm not even sure I would have adopted a child when I was younger either. Raising children is one of the hardest and most important responsibilities one will ever have. I will leave it to those who are more dedicated than myself.

I have talked to my husband about this. Having four of our own, we aren't looking for any more. But if I knew someone who was considering an abortion, and I could save the baby's life by adopting it, I would. Or if a particular child was brought to our attention and needed loving care, I would do it. Race would have no impact on the decision. Disability might.

Due to radiation treatment that helped her beat leukemia, my sister cannot conceive. So I'm sure at some point she will be adopting. Not sure where she's going to adopt from (i.e. America or overseas). However, I will say that the cost of adopting children is outrageous - $15-25K apiece. That's ridiculous.

gop_jeff said:
Due to radiation treatment that helped her beat leukemia, my sister cannot conceive. So I'm sure at some point she will be adopting. Not sure where she's going to adopt from (i.e. America or overseas). However, I will say that the cost of adopting children is outrageous - $15-25K apiece. That's ridiculous.

the kids are free...but the lousy attorneys get carried away with process paperwork...greed just pure greed...no compassion from attorneys..just the money mam' just the money...how sad!

nucular said:
Probably better than growing up in a household where the kid would be taught to hate anyone who doesn't fit a very narrow set of racial, sexual, religious and philosophical parameters. Hate is a bad thing.
:fu2:

There we go, anybody who states the obvious, that homosexuality is wrong and a mental defect is automatically labeled a hater or a homophobe.

NO ADOPTION FOR HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE CHOICE PERVERSIONISTS, its wrong and we all know it.

Gabriella84 said:
If you and your partner were unable to conceive a child, would you consider adoption? Would you consider adopting an older child? From another nation?

Adoption itself is not only something I would consider, but something I have done...

Forum List

Back