What Is Your Speed?

I bring up Canadians because they tell me (no clue it's true) that they have faster internet speed because it's mandated by law, they all are absolutely guaranteed it, period. I might have misunderstood something somewhere, but that seems to be a consistent point. Is this something Obama missed? A RIGHT to fast internet?

My office desktop pulls wi-fi from the home router. It's plenty fast. I don't do screaming gaming on my desktop so I'm good to go. We stream Netflix, etc. while simultaneously surfing the net. I'm hardwired into my PS3 for Battlefield 3 and have no issues. $54/month. No complaints.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
34IjK3z.png

LOL I just realized you scratched out where you are. But I know HT..I know.. :lol:
Of course you know: I'm in your heart!
flirt.gif

I bring up Canadians because they tell me (no clue it's true) that they have faster internet speed because it's mandated by law, they all are absolutely guaranteed it, period. I might have misunderstood something somewhere, but that seems to be a consistent point. Is this something Obama missed? A RIGHT to fast internet?
Canada is only slightly better than the US, whether it's mandated or not I don't know but overall the US still has the some of the fastest, but not cheapest, internet service in the world. Japan and (believe it or not) Romania has the fastest internet service in the world but again I have no idea what their costs are.
Oh, it's easy to find all sorts of data claiming the US is the slowest and most expensive, etc and it's quite possible the most expensive is correct but not the slowest (looking the whole and not just specific local markets).
Many US cities are starting to partner with Google, install fiber optic and sell their own internet access, while currently not the cheapest that will most likely change over time.

49.96 during a long ongoing download.....I'm sure it's in the mid-50s. :neutral:
But what is the speed of your download? 49.92 is your bandwidth, your actual download speed is limited by the site you are downloading from.

49.96 during a long ongoing download.....I'm sure it's in the mid-50s. :neutral:
But what is the speed of your download? 49.92 is your bandwidth, your actual download speed is limited by the site you are downloading from.

WTF? My download speed was 49.96 Mbps like I said.
That is your total download bandwidth, that doesn't tell you the speed of your "long ongoing download" which probably was not much more than 3 Mbps at best. How big was the file and how long did it take?

Look, the Centurylink site has a download and upload speed. Anybody who thinks I can't read the report can kiss my ass...ya dig?

Look, the Centurylink site has a download and upload speed. Anybody who thinks I can't read the report can kiss my ass...ya dig?
Don't get so defensive. 50Mbps is about 6.5MB/s, I've never connected to a site faster than 3MB/s. I'm simply asking if you ever connected to a site that used all your bandwidth since you said you had a long going download when you tested your speed.

Forum List

Back