What is your share of the federal budget?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I suppose the simplest approach would be to divide it equally, eh?

4.47 trillion (estimated 2019 federal budget) divided by 325.7 million (US population) = $13724.28

I don't have any particular angle here. I just thought it was an interesting way to consider the amount our government spends. I actually thought it would be much higher.

4.47 trillion (estimated 2019 federal budget) divided by 325.7 million (US population) = $13724.28

I don't have any particular angle here. I just thought it was an interesting way to consider the amount our government spends. I actually thought it would be much higher.

Yea, all you have to do is find out who pays for the liberals portion.

I've brought this up when people complain...

too funny

thank you

Now add your share of the National Debt on top of it.

I got something like $55,000 - again not as much I expected. Not good by any means, but I'd have been off by a least an order of magnitude if I'd guessed.

I got something like $55,000 - again not as much I expected. Not good by any means, but I'd have been off by a least an order of magnitude if I'd guessed.
So, $68k if we paid it off right now.

What did we get for this 68k per person number? More importantly, once we pay it off, will they be forced to balance the budget, or do we continue to just add to our personal obligation each and every year thereafter. I'm talking about the deficit now, not the overinflated taxes we already pay.

What did we get for this 68k per person number? More importantly, once we pay it off, will they be forced to balance the budget, or do we continue to just add to our personal obligation each and every year thereafter. I'm talking about the deficit now, not the overinflated taxes we already pay.

I don't know. I wasn't really making any kind of policy suggestion. I was just trying to get a handle on how much it really is. And how it might look if we tried paying taxes equally.

Yea, all you have to do is find out who pays for the liberals portion.
You do..

I don't know. I wasn't really making any kind of policy suggestion. I was just trying to get a handle on how much it really is. And how it might look if we tried paying taxes equally.
I understand.

Now, factor in the national debt. Then it jumps up to around $180,000.00 per taxpayer.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited:

Interesting So since only about half of Americans pay Federal taxes then to be revenue neutral we would have to double your number to around $27K per year Federal taxes. That of course does not include payment on the debt.

AND...
Now add your share of the burden for the State you live in along with any burden for county and municipalities that are running debt/deficit.

We may be approaching 100k.

Hmmm. A lot of money .

There’s only one way to pay for this .....MORE TAX CUTS!

Only problem with that math is that 47% OF THE POPULATION AND GROWING PAY NO INCOME TAXES.

Of those who do pay taxes each taxpayer pays in state, local and federal taxes and fees, approximately 54% of their income.

ADDITIONALLY APPROXIMATELY 500,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS COME TO THE US EACH YEAR AND ALSO PAY NO TAXES, AND THEN HAVE CHILDREN WHO PAY NO TAXES. THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT POPULATION IN THE US CALCULATED TO BE AROUND 21 MILLION WILL BE DOUBLING EVERY 10 YEARS, AND AFTER THAT DOUBLING EVERY 9 YEARS AND SO ON AND SO ON.

WE ARE GOING TO GO BELLY UP FINANCIALLY IN ABOUT 20 YEARS DUE TO UNFUNDED LIABILITIES.

Only problem with that math is that 47% OF THE POPULATION AND GROWING PAY NO INCOME TAXES.

Of those who do pay taxes each taxpayer pays in state, local and federal taxes and fees, approximately 54% of their income.

Absolutely. My goal with the little 'thought experiment' wasn't to suggest that the tax situation is ok. I was mostly trying to consider what it would be like if we all actually paid an equal share. It's not as implausible as I first thought. If federal spending were actually cut to something more reasonable (half?), it wouldn't be that crazy to split up taxes equally.

Your capslock was stuck on the rest so I skipped it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back