What is your pet peeve while driving?

People who forget what it's like to drive when they're walking. Suddnely they are crossing streets in slow motion when you have a 1 minute arrow. People that cross in front of me talking on a cell phone (when is it going to be against the law to cross the street while talking or texting?). People that arrogantly walk in front of you very slowly while you're trying to make a right turn. I get a lot of this in the town I live in because for Long Island it's a touristy town. I always make sure that when I'm walkilng that I hurry to cross streets and give the drivers the right of way because I make sure to have empathy. I'm always amazed at how arrogant so many people can be.

Amen to that---I wanna run the sons of a bitches over. :lol:

Psh, like you got off your ass and did a single thing to help Obama gain votes in your community.

I can't speak for Xsited, but I personally rallied my community to get behind Ron Paul. I won some, and I lost some. But I did my part. I'll be willing to bet that if Xsited was a Paul supporter, he did the same. Most Paul supporters did.

You on the other hand, I have no doubt sat on your wrinkly old ass and watched the media do the work for you. You're nothing special. You picked one of the two candidates that corporate America shoved down our throats. That takes about as much effort as blinking your eyes.

Paul, did you belong to a meet-up? Which one? I was the organizer of the Nassau/Suffolk Long Island meet-up. We had 210 members. Amazing time in my life. We can't go backwards now.....

Psh, like you got off your ass and did a single thing to help Obama gain votes in your community.

I can't speak for Xsited, but I personally rallied my community to get behind Ron Paul. I won some, and I lost some. But I did my part. I'll be willing to bet that if Xsited was a Paul supporter, he did the same. Most Paul supporters did.

You on the other hand, I have no doubt sat on your wrinkly old ass and watched the media do the work for you. You're nothing special. You picked one of the two candidates that corporate America shoved down our throats. That takes about as much effort as blinking your eyes.

tsk, tsk .... I did do something. I put an Obama sign in my yard, right after he picked Biden. Look's to me like your "im-mature lily white/black/brown/yellow ass "rally" .... didn't do too much good, now did it? :eusa_whistle: Good try though! :lol:

tsk, tsk .... I did do something. I put an Obama sign in my yard, right after he picked Biden. Look's to me like your "im-mature lily white/black/brown/yellow ass "rally" .... didn't do too much good, now did it? :eusa_whistle: Good try though! :lol:

Wow, you put a sign up in your yard. A sign with a man's name that the entire world knew. You rebel, you.

What I did, did a LOT of good. It woke a lot of people up from their slumber and apathy, and energized them to get off their asses and get involved.

You, on the other hand, sat on your ass with your sign up in your yard, and watched as the media selected your candidate for you.

I changed people's thinking, and helped them realize just how important they are to this country's political process.

You did what, again? Put a sign up? 'fuck outta here, old lady.

@ Gigi

I organized a meet-up group. It wasn't nearly as big as yours, but we made progress. My community isn't very big. We worked with Philly's group though, so that helped us.

I also did a lot of canvassing. I spent time in 3 different states canvassing neighborhoods. I missed out on a lot of time with my newborn son because of it, and I wouldn't change a damn thing if I could go back and make the decision all over again. It was one of the most fulfilling times of my life. I'm proud to say I was a part of it all.

I confess I did very little to get Obama elected.

I figured between everything Bush II has done to insure a Demcoratic win, coupled with McCain's selection of a VP candidate, my help would be like carrying coal to Newcastle.

I was right, too.

So here's to our freinds int eh NeoConservative wing of the Republican party who did so much to insure a Demcoratic sweep in the last elections.

You idiots managed to do what the Democrats could not possibly have managed all by themselves...you managed to make the Democrats look like the party Americans should vote for.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You did what, again? Put a sign up? 'fuck outta here, old lady.

Hate to be the messenger to tell you this .... but you still lost! :lol: Try again in the next election .... as a matter of fact you better get your ass busy now and "start spreadin the news"! :lol: I think you have several million people to convince .... and as popular as this board is .... if you converted each of us .... that ain't enough.

Cry baby! :(

I confess I did very little to get Obama elected.

I figured between everything Bush II has done to insure a Demcoratic win, coupled with McCain's selection of a VP candidate, my help would be like carrying coal to Newcastle.

I was right, too.

So here's to our freinds int eh NeoConservative wing of the Republican party who did so much to insure a Demcoratic sweep in the last elections.

You idiots managed to do what the Democrats could not possibly have managed all by themselves...you managed to make the Democrats look like the party Americans should vote for.

Thank you.
Ed, Obama picked the NY Fed president to be Treasury Sec.

You think there's anything good about that? You're a Fed critic, so how do you feel about this?

I did very little to help Obama or McCain get elected. I was essentially undecided until roughly two weeks before the election. However, once I decided, I, a Republican, began explaining to my Independent friends why I decided to vote for Obama.

I like to think I converted one or two; although, I couldn't be sure of it.

Hate to be the messenger to tell you this .... but you still lost! :lol: Try again in the next election .... as a matter of fact you better get your ass busy now and "start spreadin the news"! :lol: I think you have several million people to convince .... and as popular as this board is .... if you converted each of us .... that ain't enough.

Cry baby! :(

I didn't lose granny, that's what you're not understanding. I knew the odds were stacked against me, and I did it anyway. I opened people's minds. That is a victory in my book. It wasn't about winning the presidency, it was about waking people up from their mainstream media trance.

YOU lost, because you were tricked into voting for more of the same.

I didn't lose granny, that's what you're not understanding. I knew the odds were stacked against me, and I did it anyway. I opened people's minds. That is a victory in my book. It wasn't about winning the presidency, it was about waking people up from their mainstream media trance.

Amen Paul.

Anyone with an Obama bumper sticker. They drive like they just had a frontol lobotomy.

LOL... There was a real jack ass who was weaving in and out of traffc and apparently he was the only one who had to get somewhere. :rolleyes:

Lo, he had "CoExist", "Obama Hope", and a bunch of other happy horseshit on his cheap ass car. :lol:

I knew the odds were stacked against me,

So in other words you threw your vote down the toilet to make a point? And you are something special? Brillant! :clap2: What you are not understanding is that the only thing YOU can do is get your ass busy and ready for 2012. I am not saying that Paul was not a good choice ... but he had no chance, and you admit it. I am not saying that Obama is "the best man" ... I am saying I voted for the one that I thought would change things .... if that is at all possible. McCain would not have changed, squat, he would only have made it worse!

So if you can say ....

Then you need to grow up! End of story. :eusa_whistle:

So in other words you threw your vote down the toilet to make a point? And you are something special? Brillant! :clap2: What you are not understanding is that the only thing YOU can do is get your ass busy and ready for 2012. I am not saying that Paul was not a good choice ... but he had no chance, and you admit it. I am not saying that Obama is "the best man" ... I am saying I voted for the one that I thought would change things .... if that is at all possible. McCain would not have changed, squat, he would only have made it worse!

So if you can say ....

Then you need to grow up! End of story. :eusa_whistle:

baa baa Black Sheep have you any wool?

Look, Paulitics, I appreciate your vigor. It's admirable. I, too, like Ron Paul. And, to be honest, I wouldn't have minded him as president. But I don't think I was at all tricked because I voted for Obama. Paul wasn't on the ticket and I live in a swing state where each vote honestly does count. So I chose between McCain - a great man - and Obama - an intelligent man with better ideas. Trickery had nothing to do with it.

Indeed, it is comments like that which cause people to think Paul supporters are likely to be found in the corner of a room wearing a tinfoil hat and spitting on themselves.

Look, Paulitics, I appreciate your vigor. It's admirable. I, too, like Ron Paul. And, to be honest, I wouldn't have minded him as president. But I don't think I was at all tricked because I voted for Obama. Paul wasn't on the ticket and I live in a swing state where each vote honestly does count. So I chose between McCain - a great man - and Obama - an intelligent man with better ideas. Trickery had nothing to do with it.

Indeed, it is comments like that which cause people to think Paul supporters are likely to be found in the corner of a room wearing a tinfoil hat and spitting on themselves.

Like I said, I spent a lot of time working to help the campaign. Met tons of people. I never once met anyone wearing a tin foil hat, spitting on themselves.

Most of the people I met were very intelligent, and obviously educated. When I say "tricked" it's because as we have seen so far, nothing is changing. Obama is picking people who come from the EXACT same circles as those before them who have been chastized.

How is Tim Geithner "change"? He is directly responsible for our monetary policy. He's a member of the Open Market Committee, where they decide that they're going to print more money and inflate, or extinguish money and deflate. Men like him are the ones responsible for the housing mess, by artificially manipulating credit and making it cheap when the economy is hurting. Men like him made it all possible.

I don't see ANYTHING that is different about Obama. He's picking the same establishmentarians.

Yes, if I voted for Obama hoping for change, I'd feel TRICKED right now. I'd be FURIOUS. I certainly wouldn't be defending my vote, simply because it was my vote. I'd be holding him accountable for falsely advertising himself as someone who will change things, when he quite obviously will not be, based on his appointees so far.

Like I said, I spent a lot of time working to help the campaign. Met tons of people. I never once met anyone wearing a tin foil hat, spitting on themselves.

Most of the people I met were very intelligent, and obviously educated. When I say "tricked" it's because as we have seen so far, nothing is changing. Obama is picking people who come from the EXACT same circles as those before them who have been chastized.

How is Tim Geithner "change"? He is directly responsible for our monetary policy. He's a member of the Open Market Committee, where they decide that they're going to print more money and inflate, or extinguish money and deflate. Men like him are the ones responsible for the housing mess, by artificially manipulating credit and making it cheap when the economy is hurting. Men like him made it all possible.

I don't see ANYTHING that is different about Obama. He's picking the same establishmentarians.

Yes, if I voted for Obama hoping for change, I'd feel TRICKED right now. I'd be FURIOUS. I certainly wouldn't be defending my vote, simply because it was my vote. I'd be holding him accountable for falsely advertising himself as someone who will change things, when he quite obviously will not be, based on his appointees so far.

I'm rather annoyed at Obama myself. However, I recognize that Obama is, well, the decider. He - not Geithner - has the final say. Perhaps it won't be as bad as you think.

I could write a book...but I'll limit my response to the top 3.

People who pass then immediately hit the brakes, slowing down to less than the speed I was going before they passed me.

People who speed up when I'm trying to pass them.

People who drive 150 mph knowing their lane is going to end at road construction so they can swerve in front of you at the last minute before they run into the barrels.
I agree with you on all three, and to go along with that people who stay in the left lane on the interstate when they are going slower then the flow of traffic. It is a passing lane folks!

The guy who speeds up to get in front of you and then stops to make a left turn.

The forth guy through the red light. I can understand the first guy, maybe he didn't see it turning, maybe he was too close to that truck in front of him. The second guy, I can give a break for bad judgement. The third guy, he should be ticketed and that fourth guy should be shot.

Forum List

Back