what is your opinion

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
with all the charges being thrown at the priesthood, do you thikn there should be a statute of limitations on any type of child molestation?
i personally think there doesnt need to be one. jsut because, in some cases, alot of time has passed doesnt mean that they still arent who/ what they were. and it doesnt meanthey arent doing the same thing still.

No statute of limitations for child molestation should be in place.

I worked for a Mental Health clinic and we often had cases of child abuse. It takes some of those kids years to be able, through therapy, to deal with the abuse and even longer to face their accuser.

Should a statute of limitations be in place, those kids would either 1) screw themselves up trying to rush through the therapy cycle to prosecute the abuser and/or 2) abusers would be roaming free, unprosecuted, looking for their next victim.

What I would chance is the punishment for the abuser. I think the death penalty should apply to child abusers. I think if the victim is under the age of 2, there should be no other option except the death penalty.

And in that case, they should be hung by their balls.

i with ya on this one. i read in our paper not too long ago of a guy that had been <b>convicted</b> 9 times in 50 years of child molestation. now that is sickening.

Nuthin' like a good hangin'.

I'll bring the fried chicken.

I think we should get that Aussie grandmother to carry out all the sentences for punishment for child molestation! Nothing like a shot in the nuts with a .12 gauge!

can we make them do 3 to 6 months with the general population of a prison before we end their sick-pathatic little lives.....nothing like jailhouse.ruetrabution:D

I have someone near & dear to me that was molested for around 6 yrs or so....when her step dad was caught he spent 7 months in jail...well to make a long story short we checked into here in Atlanta( the crime did keep happening when she got back hear....the lovely GBI told us it was to late to charge him.....by the way the molester lives right next to a elementry school!!!
Jef
PS...Johnney the school was built after he had purchased his house ...hence another reason they say he doesnt have to registerf

now how can that be? dont they have to live so far away from schools and such?

Originally posted by Johnney
now how can that be? dont they have to live so far away from schools and such?
Know adays they do but being he was charged out west it was part of his agreement that it wouldnt stay On his record & he also wouldnt have to register......but I got copies of the case & have since posted copies of it & a pic of him threw the neighbor hood.....see so he will get his after all...oooo & the best part is he has no remorse as does the girls Mother who knew it was happeing but never did anything .& to make this story worse this woman was aroun 7 when it started!!Jeff

Originally posted by Moi
I definitely don't think a statute of limitations should apply to ANY crime, much less child molestation.
you ahve a point Moi. no matter how much time has past, your still guilty. jsut becasue 10 or 20 years has past doenst mean you automatically get to take it back

It is convenient for sodomy advocates to blame a "culture of secrecy" on the molestation of hundreds of boys at the hands of homosexual priests, but the truth is obvious to any rational person: A man who molests a preteen or teen-age boy is engaging in homosexual behavior. To say that he is a "pedophile" and not a homosexual is thoroughly dishonest.

If members of the media wish to cover this story accurately, they should stop using the term "pedophile" to describe priests who molest teen-agers, because "pedophile" (in legal and clinical terms) refers to a person who is fixated on having sexual relations with boys or girls younger than 13 years old. A pedophile priest is engaging in homosexual behavior just as a priest who sodomizes a teen-age boy is engaged in homosexual assault. You can't separate homosexuality from the horrid conduct of these priests. The Rev. Ronald Cozzens, a seminary rector in Ohio, has estimated that 90 percent of "priest abusers targeted teen-age boys as their victims."

In addition, research indicates that although homosexuals account for only 1 to 2 percent of the general population, they actually molest children at far higher rates than do their heterosexual counterparts. Dr. Judith Reisman in her book, Kinsey: Crimes & Consequences, notes the work done by Dr. Gene Abel, who compared the molestation rates of self-confessed homosexual and heterosexual child molesters. He found that homosexuals accounted for 150 boy victims per sex abuser, compared with 19 female victims per heterosexual child molester. In essence the study found that homosexuals are more than nine times as likely to sodomize children as are heterosexual sex predators.

In July 2001, the New York Post published shocking details about the high homosexual molestation rates among New York's public-school teachers. Homosexuals were seven times more likely to molest children as heterosexuals.

Even GLAAD inadvertently has admitted that homosexuals molest children at far higher rates than do heterosexuals. They note that heterosexuals are responsible for 74 percent of male assaults and 77 percent of female assaults.

This leaves a 26 percent rate for homosexual molesters of boys. Yet, as pointed out earlier, homosexuals account for only 1 to 2 percent of the population. In short, homosexuals are at least 13 times as likely as heterosexuals to molest children.

Homosexuals are going ballistic for a reason. Their carefully crafted media image as nonmolesters is being shattered by ongoing revelations of the networks of homosexual priests who finally are being exposed for their criminal actions.

Jail time is too good for men who abuse their spiritual authority and attack the souls and bodies of boys who fall into their clutches. And, please, let's call them what they are: homosexual child molesters!

good post, but what is your opine on the statute of limitations regarding these type of charges?

by the way, not to bring up the stats thing again, but do you have a big book of them someplace?

I am with you jeff..johnney too..thumbs up Moi..PJ.... i also think that a parent that allows such behavor to happen to their child and does nothing is as bad or worse than the abusive parent,friend,whatever.....

Originally posted by Johnney
good post, but what is your opine on the statute of limitations regarding these type of charges?

by the way, not to bring up the stats thing again, but do you have a big book of them someplace?

There should be no limitations all these homosexuals that are molesting children should be put to sleep.

I would question why, homosexuals would choose to enter such an organization, knowing the Catholic Doctrine on homosexuality. Why else, to be near other men in close quarters, and to be around little boys! Perhaps the Catholic Church should take the Boy Scouts lead, in an effort to protect our children. There are some heterosexual pedophiles in the priesthood, but the percentage of homosexual pedophiles is at such a staggering rate.

The most frightening aspect of this whole issue, is the fact that according to statistics, homosexual priests are also getting HIV/AIDS at a rate of 1:4 1:8 or 1:11 times that of the general population. Three different studies concluded these different rates. So not only must we be afraid that these deviant homosexual pedophile priests will molest our children, but that they might also give them AIDS!! I wonder how many of the children molested have been tested? Will this be the next report on the evening news? And the Catholic Church, claiming respect for the dying priest, requests that the death certificate reflect pneumonia or hepatitis. How many children have not told their parents of the molestation yet? How many 8 year old boys will show signs of HIV in the next few years? There are also many claims now, that homosexual priests are targeting mexican children, especially those in the U.S. illegally, since the parents will not report them.

I have to agree that there should absolutely be no statute of limitations on child molestation cases. First of all, children have a hard enough time understanding what's even happened to them, let alone being able to go through a trial, and that's assuming that they even tell someone in the first place. Second, pedophilia is not something that abusers do once and never again. Rehabilitiation? yea, unlikely. People say it's a sickness- I agree. But so is raping, murdering, etc. You telling me those people play with a full deck? Sociopaths, psychopaths, all sick, yes; deserving of my pity? NO. And why isn't it an offense taken more seriously? You get a tougher sentence for drug possession, for crying out loud. Should be life. If not life, then I'm all for castration. Plain and SIMPLE.

Forum List

Back