what is your opinion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Johnney, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    with all the charges being thrown at the priesthood, do you thikn there should be a statute of limitations on any type of child molestation?
    i personally think there doesnt need to be one. jsut because, in some cases, alot of time has passed doesnt mean that they still arent who/ what they were. and it doesnt meanthey arent doing the same thing still.

2. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    No statute of limitations for child molestation should be in place.

I worked for a Mental Health clinic and we often had cases of child abuse. It takes some of those kids years to be able, through therapy, to deal with the abuse and even longer to face their accuser.

Should a statute of limitations be in place, those kids would either 1) screw themselves up trying to rush through the therapy cycle to prosecute the abuser and/or 2) abusers would be roaming free, unprosecuted, looking for their next victim.

What I would chance is the punishment for the abuser. I think the death penalty should apply to child abusers. I think if the victim is under the age of 2, there should be no other option except the death penalty.

And in that case, they should be hung by their balls.

3. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i with ya on this one. i read in our paper not too long ago of a guy that had been <b>convicted</b> 9 times in 50 years of child molestation. now that is sickening.

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Child molestation should be a capital offense w/o a statute of limitations (but that's just the fascist in me talking).

5. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nuthin' like a good hangin'.

I'll bring the fried chicken.

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I think we should get that Aussie grandmother to carry out all the sentences for punishment for child molestation! Nothing like a shot in the nuts with a .12 gauge!

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I definitely don't think a statute of limitations should apply to ANY crime, much less child molestation.

8. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    can we make them do 3 to 6 months with the general population of a prison before we end their sick-pathatic little lives.....nothing like jailhouse.ruetrabution:D

9. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    :clap: :clap:

10. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have someone near & dear to me that was molested for around 6 yrs or so....when her step dad was caught he spent 7 months in jail...well to make a long story short we checked into here in Atlanta( the crime did keep happening when she got back hear....the lovely GBI told us it was to late to charge him.....by the way the molester lives right next to a elementry school!!!
    Jef
    PS...Johnney the school was built after he had purchased his house ...hence another reason they say he doesnt have to registerf