What is Your Opinion on Global Warming, Evolution and Politics?

What best describes what you agree with in this list?

• Conservatism only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disagreement with AGW only

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Opposed to evolution only

• Conservatism and Disagreement with AGW only

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Conservatism and Opposed to evolution only

• All three categories

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • None of these categories

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No opinion on at all on these topics.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a fiscal conservative not a social conservative

As far as global warming: yes the earth is slightly warmer than it was a hundred years ago and we most certainly have an effect on climate but no it's not some Armageddon-like catastrophe that will kill everyone and destroy the planet.

Evolution is more plausible than a magic man in the sky.

And politics and corruption go hand in hand so no politician nor government should ever be trusted.

As if the SCIENCE of Evolution is "opinion based".

Provide Scientific evidence that a single species of mammal has EVER evolved into 2 or more DIFFERENT species. And I mean completely different. According to your theory man is related to apes and mice.

Provide Scientific evidence that a single species of mammal has EVER evolved into 2 or more DIFFERENT species. And I mean completely different. According to your theory man is related to apes and mice.

If the fossil record isn't good enough and DNA evidence isn't good enough, what would be considered proof? As far as science goes, it has been proven by those methods. What more would you want or in what direction should experimentation go? Trying to answer the question, but I need some help knowing what would constitute proof for you.

As far as global warming: yes the earth is slightly warmer than it was a hundred years ago and we most certainly have an effect on climate but no it's not some Armageddon-like catastrophe that will kill everyone and destroy the planet.

And politics and corruption go hand in hand so no politician nor government should ever be trusted.

Skull, show me one real scientist that has said it would destroy the planet. What is being said is that a rapid change in climate will severely damage our agriculture. In a world with 7 billion people depending on that agriculture. And the combinaiton of a rapid climate change and the incursion of our population on the habitats that the rest of the species of earth depend on will result in the sixth major extinction.

In the last two years we have already seen major effects on agriculture around the world from extreme weather. Swiss Re and Munich Re both state that at least 50% of the five fold increase in extreme weather events since 1970 is due to a changing climate. One does not have to predict doomsday to realize that there is likely some real tough sledding ahead for a large portion of mankind.

Skull, show me one real scientist that has said it would destroy the planet. What is being said is that a rapid change in climate will severely damage our agriculture. In a world with 7 billion people depending on that agriculture. And the combinaiton of a rapid climate change and the incursion of our population on the habitats that the rest of the species of earth depend on will result in the sixth major extinction.

In the last two years we have already seen major effects on agriculture around the world from extreme weather. Swiss Re and Munich Re both state that at least 50% of the five fold increase in extreme weather events since 1970 is due to a changing climate. One does not have to predict doomsday to realize that there is likely some real tough sledding ahead for a large portion of mankind.

Some places will become less productive agriculturally and some places will become more productive.

And if you haven't heard the "We're killing the planet " hysteria then you need to crawl out from under your rock.

People will not starve any more that they are starving now if it's a couple degrees warmer in another hundred years.

And there were mass extinctions before there were humans. Shit happens.

Really, Retired?

Do you know what DNA is?

According to DNA at least 5 dog Species are in fact not dogs. According to DNA we are related to pigs as well, how many ancestors did we have?

We have zero evidence a single species of mammal has EVER become two entirely different species. And no there is no fossil evidence of it either.

If one believes science we all would be related anyway since we all started out as sea creatures and evolved to land.

Care to point out in the "fossil" record which Dinosaur we are related to?

There is also almost zero evidence man is causing global warming. The supposed theory is that CO2 caused the 1/3 of a degree raise in temperature in about 20 years. Yet there has been almost NO raise in temps since 1998. CO2 keep going up though.

There is also almost zero evidence man is causing global warming. The supposed theory is that CO2 caused the 1/3 of a degree raise in temperature in about 20 years. Yet there has been almost NO raise in temps since 1998. CO2 keep going up though.

They don't call it global warming anymore. Now they call it climate change.

You see the climate changes all the time and the fact is that the changes that would happen without humans and the changes that happen because of humans can't be separated so it is assumed that all climate change is caused by humans.

Funny how no one has ever theorized that eventually a steady state or some type of equilibrium might be reached as far as global warming is concerned. Equilibrious states are attained in every other natural system but for some reason we never hear scientists say anything about an such a state when it comes to CO2 production and sequestration.

Why is it that all we get from climate theorists is the unchecked positive feedback model?

Last edited:
Such a lot of statements with zero knowledge of the science involved in AGW.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

OMG!!!

You're right!!!

How could I ever be so naive??

:eusa_hand:

Really very simple. The practice of willfull ignorance is very widespread among "Conservatives".

One can listen to the many thousands of physicts, geologists, and climatologists on this issue, or one can chose to listen to an obese junkie on the radio. Your choice is evident.

Really, Retired?

Do you know what DNA is?

According to DNA at least 5 dog Species are in fact not dogs. According to DNA we are related to pigs as well, how many ancestors did we have?

We have zero evidence a single species of mammal has EVER become two entirely different species. And no there is no fossil evidence of it either.

If one believes science we all would be related anyway since we all started out as sea creatures and evolved to land.

Actually, I can tell you the species of dinosaur we are descended from. It's called a Tetrapod.

Really, Retired?

Do you know what DNA is?

Actually, I can tell you the species of dinosaur we are descended from. It's called a Tetrapod.

You sure tetrapods aren't a super class of all four legged animals?

Got a link to something that describes this species youo seem to be referring to?

Though I believe in evolution, I do not think we can know something back that far so certainly unless we get some DNA from that species.

malthusianists like ehrlich have been predicting the destruction of the human race for decades now, and back in the 1990's we were told by the warmistas that we only had seven years to save the earth.

Cite???

Julian Simon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul R. Ehrlich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Population Bomb began with this statement: The battle to feed all of humanity is over. In the 1970s hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. At this late date nothing can prevent a substantial increase in the world death rate ...

Ehrlich has made a number of statements or "predictions" in a variety of settings that have turned out to be false. Ronald Bailey of Reason Magazine has called him an "irrepressible doomster ... who, as far as I can tell, has never been right in any of his forecasts of imminent catastrophe."[20] On the first Earth Day in 1970, he warned that "n ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish."[20]

In a 1971 speech, he predicted that: "By the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people ... If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000."[20] When this scenario did not come to pass, he responded that "When you predict the future, you get things wrong. How wrong is another question. I would have lost if I had had taken the bet. However, if you look closely at England, what can I tell you? They're having all kinds of problems, just like everybody else."[20]

Ehrlich wrote in The Population Bomb that, "India couldn't possibly feed two hundred million more people by 1980.

http://nofrakkingconsensus.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/1989_un_grim_forecast_highlighted.jpg

"If Global Warming not reversed by the year 2000 then we have the problem go beyond human control."

What if I could provide evidence that in only a few hundred years that one species has completely been altered into a vast variety of. Then would you believe that over millions of years it could happen?

Forum List

Back