What is your opinion of Tom DeLay?

G

Gabriella84

All joking and insults aside, I want to know what conservative Republicans think of Tom DeLay.
Not being a Texan, I really don't know that much about him. Other than his high profile gaffes about the Schivo case and misusing campaign and lobbyist fundings.

One of my cousin David's best friends lives in Woodlands, Texas. He is a staunch Republican. But last time I saw him, he was upset about DeLay. Not as much DeLay's policies, but that he is dividing the Texas Republican party. Some want him to stay and retain his power. Others want him gone because his miscues draw unfavorable attention to the Texas GOP.

Opinions? I figure this is the place to get them.

Thanks.

Gabriella84 said:
All joking and insults aside, I want to know what conservative Republicans think of Tom DeLay.
Not being a Texan, I really don't know that much about him. Other than his high profile gaffes about the Schivo case and misusing campaign and lobbyist fundings.

One of my cousin David's best friends lives in Woodlands, Texas. He is a staunch Republican. But last time I saw him, he was upset about DeLay. Not as much DeLay's policies, but that he is dividing the Texas Republican party. Some want him to stay and retain his power. Others want him gone because his miscues draw unfavorable attention to the Texas GOP.

Thanks.

Go and take this question over to the Du underground, I'm sure then you'll get the answer that your wanting : :D

Gabriella84 said:

Thanks.

Just read in another thread about Robert Byrd, where you said that Bryd is insane, but not quite as Tom Delay is. So you do know who Tom Delay is.... :dev1:

Gabriella84 said:

Thanks.

From everything I've read, the lobbyist deal was really not a big deal. What Delay did was nothing different than what many other Congressmen from both sides of the aisle do.

Policy-wise, I think he's great. Leadership-wise, I don't know enough to have a solid opinion. But I certainly don't think he's done anything worth throwing him out of the GOP leadership.

Gabriella84 said:

Thanks.

DeLay DeMan

:dance:

I'm sure your liberal sources are not talking too much about how the prosecutor, Ronnie Earle, in the DeLay case dropped charges in exchange for cash to a pet cause.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200506200910.asp

Stephanie said:
Just read in another thread about Robert Byrd, where you said that Bryd is insane, but not quite as Tom Delay is. So you do know who Tom Delay is.... :dev1:

Good try though Gabby.

Geezz....
Ok, let's try this once again. This is NOT a test! You are NOT being graded.
I am not expecting any particular type of response.

Yes, I do know who Tom DeLay is. I have read a lot of about him. I know what the talking heads on either side say about him. I was just interested in what the normal American conservative Republican thought of DeLay.

This is NOT a trap! I just want your educated opinions. Quit being so suspicious of everything.
**cues up "Suspicious Minds" *

Gabriella84 said:
Geezz....
Ok, let's try this once again. This is NOT a test! You are NOT being graded.
I am not expecting any particular type of response.

Yes, I do know who Tom DeLay is. I have read a lot of about him. I know what the talking heads on either side say about him. I was just interested in what the normal American conservative Republican thought of DeLay.

This is NOT a trap! I just want your educated opinions. Quit being so suspicious of everything.
**cues up "Suspicious Minds" *

Gee Gabby, this is what you said:

...I really don't know that much about him. Other than his high profile gaffes about the Schivo case and misusing campaign and lobbyist fundings....​

Kathianne said:
Gee Gabby, this is what you said:

...I really don't know that much about him. Other than his high profile gaffes about the Schivo case and misusing campaign and lobbyist fundings....​

so on one hand she doesn't know much about him but on the other hand

she, and i quote ..."Yes, I do know who Tom DeLay is. I have read a lot of about him."

no wonder kerry appealed to all these types

manu1959 said:
so on one hand she doesn't know much about him but on the other hand

she, and i quote ..."Yes, I do know who Tom DeLay is. I have read a lot of about him."

no wonder kerry appealed to all these types

bi-polar comes to mind...I think she is in the wrong room...anyone know of a good psychiatric board...she is too much for we minions to handle or help! ;)

archangel said:
bi-polar comes to mind...I think she is in the wrong room...anyone know of a good psychiatric board...she is too much for we minions to handle or help! ;)

OK, be hard headed and don't offer your opinion.

And yes, I am bi-polar. It is inherited. Someone is your family might have it. Or perhaps you have it. It's not a stigma.

Happy birthday anyways. :salute:

Gabriella84 said:

And yes, I am bi-polar. It is inherited. Someone is your family might have it. Or perhaps you have it. It's not a stigma.

Gabby, birthday wishes aside, you are a liar.

A liar about what?

And how could OCA enjoy a thread that he hasn't flamed me in? :firing:

Gabriella84 said:
A liar about what?

And how could OCA enjoy a thread that he hasn't flamed me in? :firing:

Little girl you're transparent and everybody sees it. This thread, you started it saying you were seeking opinions because you didn't know that much about the man but quickly gave yourself up as you already had an opinion formed before you cooked up this thread. You need to learn this isn't a board of idiots, we see right through that crap.

As for the flaming, I just play down to the level of my opponent in most cases, you're not ready for big league debate yet. I'm like the cat playing with the mouse.

Gabriella84 said:

I aploogize..I was just commenting with humor...sorry to hear you have this problem..no one in my family does...I'll pray for ya..and keep listening to those in here with political insight...maybe it will help you..Lt.Kerry has the same disease...he hurt alot of vet's! :huddle:

Kathianne said:
Gabby, birthday wishes aside, you are a liar.
Wish you would have said this earlier..I wrote her a pm and apologized for the bi-polar comment...now she is really on my shit list...claiming to really be ill to make a point...not acceptable...Liberalism is a mental disease...now I am convinced! :huddle:

archangel said:
Wish you would have said this earlier..I wrote her a pm and apologized for the bi-polar comment...now she is really on my shit list...claiming to really be ill to make a point...not acceptable...Liberalism is a mental disease...now I am convinced! :huddle:

LMFAO! Arch tell me that didn't slip by you. It was classic, getting smoked on the board so now she claims to be ill LOL

OCA said:
LMFAO! Arch tell me that didn't slip by you. It was classic, getting smoked on the board so now she claims to be ill LOL

yup I was on her...then she whined and I thought maybe she does have the mental disorder...bi-polar....then kathianne woke me up again....I guess only liberals have the mental disorder called bi-polar....I am awake again...sorry I got compassionate for a moment...! also she may be a hacker too...someone just tried to hack my messenger...thank God for Z/A :firing:

Don't much care for DeLay, think he's a sleaze.

But I like him MUCH better than:

Kennedy

Kerry

Edwards

Byrd

Boxer

Feinstein

Clinton (pick one - or both)

Dean

Levin

Daschle

Graham, Bob (FL)

Kucinich

and especially

DURBIN

I've probably left out about a dozen or so, but you get the picture. Careful about those glass walls.

Forum List

Back