What is your opinion of someone who says they have a higher IQ then you?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
He responded: “I think I have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect.”

He went on:
I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship. In the first year in the law, I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class and then decided I wanted to stay, went back to law school, and, in fact, ended up in the top half of my class. I won the international moot-court competition. I was the outstanding student in the political-science department at the end of my year. I graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school and 165 credits — only needed 123 credits. And I would be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours."

Most of these statements were outright lies. Biden graduated from college with just one degree, not three. Yes, he did win a moot-court competition, but he graduated 76th in his class of 85.
Biden’s intellectual insecurity can be found in his relentless (mis)use of brainy quotations from Internet sites.

Big &#%!ing Joker - Jonah Goldberg - National Review Online

Well if it's true then they are just an Arrogant Bragger. If it is not true they are an Ignorant ass. You pick which applies to Biden.

lol

Wow. There has to be something about politicians, especially democrats for some reason... I mean, Gore and Kerry had this disease too.

he responded: “i think i have a much higher iq than you do, i suspect.”

he went on:
I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship. In the first year in the law, i decided i didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class and then decided i wanted to stay, went back to law school, and, in fact, ended up in the top half of my class. I won the international moot-court competition. I was the outstanding student in the political-science department at the end of my year. I graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school and 165 credits — only needed 123 credits. And i would be delighted to sit down and compare my iq to yours."

most of these statements were outright lies. Biden graduated from college with just one degree, not three. Yes, he did win a moot-court competition, but he graduated 76th in his class of 85.
Biden’s intellectual insecurity can be found in his relentless (mis)use of brainy quotations from internet sites.

big &#%!ing joker - jonah goldberg - national review online

the best response to that would be to smash my beer over his head and drop him then kick him repeatedly while he is down screaming...whos the smart guy now ! Fucker..huh whos the smart guy now !

Wow. There has to be something about politicians, especially democrats for some reason... I mean, Gore and Kerry had this disease too.

Biden/Obama and others with this narcissism remind me of the joke about the flea floating down the river on his back with a raging erection yelling "Raise the drawbridge!"

He went on:
I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship. In the first year in the law, I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class and then decided I wanted to stay, went back to law school, and, in fact, ended up in the top half of my class. I won the international moot-court competition. I was the outstanding student in the political-science department at the end of my year. I graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school and 165 credits — only needed 123 credits. And I would be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours."

Most of these statements were outright lies. Biden graduated from college with just one degree, not three. Yes, he did win a moot-court competition, but he graduated 76th in his class of 85.
Biden’s intellectual insecurity can be found in his relentless (mis)use of brainy quotations from Internet sites.

What is your opinion of someone who says they have a higher IQ then you?

They are a Sandy Twat.

Sounds like someone who has insecurity issues.

I have found Usually, But not always, the people that Boast the Most about something, are usually full of shit. The quiet ones are the ones you have to worry about.

The Same rule applies whether you are talking about How smart you are, or how bad ass you are, or what ever.

Of course there is always that exception, the arrogant ass that really is smart, but usually it's the other way around.

He went on:

I think that if someone feels that they have to tell you they are smart... Pretty much automatically disqualifies them from being so. If someone is intelligent it's going to be self evident, saying anything about it just suggests that they already know they aren't as smart as they want others to think they are.

It doesn't mean they are stupid by any stretch of the imagination... But it certainly shows that they already know they aren't as smart as they want others to believe they are.

He went on:

I think that if someone feels that they have to tell you they are smart... Pretty much automatically disqualifies them from being so. If someone is intelligent it's going to be self evident, saying anything about it just suggests that they already know they aren't as smart as they want others to think they are.

It doesn't mean they are stupid by any stretch of the imagination... But it certainly shows that they already know they aren't as smart as they want others to believe they are.

You made a good point! Just how smart is someone especially in the area of "how to win friends and influence people" if they insult people THEY want to vote for them by saying they are smarter then the voters!

At a San Francisco fundraiser, he [Obama]said,
“They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
Very patronizing!

"What is your opinion of someone who says they have a higher IQ then you? "

It's funny, but nobody has ever seriously made that suggestion to me. Statistically, it would be extremely unlikely to be accurate. I have observed that truly intelligent people don't make a habit of announcing silly things like their IQ test scores.

Of course Biden is an asshole, and unduly impressed with himself - those seem to be very common personality traits of politicians.

Of course Biden is an asshole, and unduly impressed with himself - those seem to be very common personality traits of politicians.
To be fair I'm an asshole too... But... Then again I just said I was, so I'm unsure if you should believe that going by my own theory.

*shrugs*

Big boys and girls should make up their own minds. That's the alpha and omega of everything me thinks.

He went on:

Are you even aware of the spelling error in your thread title?

I'm guessing 'no'.

Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont,[13] where he was a standout halfback/wide receiver on the high school football team; he helped lead a perennially losing team to an undefeated season in his senior year.[10][14] He played on the baseball team as well.[10] During these years, he participated in an anti-segregation sit-in at a Wilmington theatre.[15] Academically, Biden was undistinguished,[10] but he was a natural leader among the students.[16] He graduated in 1961.[13]

Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark, where he was more interested in sports and socializing than in studying,[10] although his classmates were impressed by his cramming abilities.[15] He played halfback with the Blue Hens freshman football team,[14] but he dropped a junior year plan to play for the varsity team as a defensive back, enabling him to spend more time with his out-of-state girlfriend.[14][17] He double majored in history and political science and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1965,[1] ranking 506th of 688 in his class.[18]

He went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University's College of Law in 1968,[19] where by his own description he found it to be "the biggest bore in the world" and pulled many all-nighters to get by.[15][20] During his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and he was permitted to retake the course after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his record.[20] He was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969.[19]

More: Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back