What is your life expectancy?

I am 73 and according to the test I should make it to 89.75.

I thought the fact I drink 2-3 drinks each day would have resulted in a lower figure.

BAD NEWS!

Life Expectancy: 82.10 years
Lower Quartile: 74.90 years (75% chance you will live longer than this)
Median Lifetime: 85.49 years (50% chance you will live longer than this)
Upper Quartile: 93.42 years (25% chance you will live longer than this)

I do not have enough money to live this long.

You know what this test really misses?

YOUR History of smoking or drinking or drugs.....

Last edited:
I'm 66 and expect to live to 80+ and yes, gotta make sure my money outlives me!

A huge variation is what you can change about your family history.

My whole family is riddled with heart disease and diabetes. They all eat meat and smoke. All my living sibs have had heart attacks and are FAT. Two are dead of coronary artery disease and both smoked and ate meat.

By changing those factors, I've added years to my life.

But of course, that's an individual choice.

It put me at 87 years. Then I went in and told the program I was 5 feet tall weighed 350 lbs, drink heavily (while driving), terrible family medical history, had 99 un-protected sex partners, and smoked 90 cigs a day.

It said I had about 2 days left to live.

Life Expectancy Results
Life Expectancy: 83.06 years
Lower Quartile: 76.04 years (75% chance you will live longer than this)
Median Lifetime: 84.78 years (50% chance you will live longer than this)
Upper Quartile: 91.29 years (25% chance you will live longer than this)

I am 73 and according to the test I should make it to 89.75.

I thought the fact I drink 2-3 drinks each day would have resulted in a lower figure.
I've heard a little alcohol every day is healthful. But I don't know how much "a little" is. There is alcohol in wine and it doesn't seem to harm the French and Italians who drink quite a bit of it.

My entire family seems to be genetically averse to any beverage alcohol. We just don't like anything about it -- the smell, taste, or effect, and our family life expectancy pattern going back four generations is late 70s to mid-80s. I am now 77 and am just beginning to feel that old (weak, tired).

I'm 32. I only drink occasionally, when I do, it's mostly wine, unless I'm watching a football game on something.

I'd like to live until I'm 86.

I admire people who live happily in their 90s and 100s and show no sign of slowing down, I just don't think I'd like to live that long.

WHO says life expectancy on the rise globally...
oldman.gif

WHO Finds Dramatic Rise in Global Life Expectancy
May 19, 2016 — Life expectancy worldwide rose by five years between 2000 and 2015, fastest increase since the 1960s, but major inequalities remain, new report finds
New data show life expectancy rose by five years between 2000 and 2015, the fastest increase since the 1960s. But the World Health Organization, which has just issued its latest World Health Statistics report, finds major inequalities persist both within and among countries, despite people living an average of five years longer now than before the turn of the century.

AF791337-F132-4387-AEC8-23B5C3BE9BF9_w640_r1_s.jpg

An elderly man (L) uses a cane to support his walk as he approches a child being pushed in a stroller, in Rome, Italy, April 27, 2007. Life expectancy worldwide rose by five years between 2000 and 2015, according to the World Health Organization.​

The contrast is borne out by statistics which show people in 12 developed countries can expect to live 82 years or more, compared to people in 22 developing countries who die before they reach age 60. Switzerland, Iceland, Australia, Sweden, and Israel are the five countries with the highest life expectancy at birth, while Chad, Ivory Coast, Central African Republic, Angola, and Sierra Leone are the lowest ranked.

Africa sees sharpest increase

Although five African countries are at the bottom of the rankings, the WHO reports the greatest increase in life expectancy since 2000 has been made in the African region. Ties Boerma, WHO's director of information, evidence and research, says life expectancy has risen by 9.4 years to 60 years in Africa. He says that is mainly due to improvements in child survival, progress in malaria control and, expanded access to anti-retroviral treatment of HIV.

59871AB7-7E8E-4CB6-A6D1-A71E2EC2E8FE_w640_r1_s.jpg

An elderly Nigerian woman is seen participating in elections in Daura, Nigeria, March 28, 2015. Life expectancy has risen by 9.4 years to 60 years in Africa, the World Health Organizations says.​

He told VOA that although the gap in life expectancy between Africa and Europe remains large, inroads to narrowing it are being made. “The difference between Europe and Africa in life expectancy in 2015 is 17 years - 78 years in Europe, 61 years in Africa. In the year 2000, it was five years bigger… I think with these kind of figures, one can see how much progress has been made and that continuing along this road would really make major progress,” Boerma said. On average, the report says women live longer than men in every country of the world. Overall, women can expect to live to nearly 74 years of age, more than four-and-a-half years longer than men.

WHO Finds Dramatic Rise in Global Life Expectancy

Forum List

Back