What is YOUR HOME COUNTRY?????

Oh look another President who thinks his home country is Ireland....
Ronald Reagan- speaking in Ireland:

And now thanks to you and the efforts of good people who have dug into the history of a poor immigrant family, I know at last whence I came. And this has given my soul a new contentment. And it is a joyous feeling. It is like coming home after a long journey.

Robert Frost, a renowned American poet, once said, "Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." [Laughter] Well, it's been so long since my great-grandfather set out that you don't have to take me in. So, I'm certainly thankful for this wonderful homecoming today. I can't think of a place on the planet I would rather claim as my roots more than Ballyporeen, County Tipperary.

Reagan- home country apparently was Ireland.....
Ironic eh? :p The Gipper and Barack from the same country ;)

original.jpg

Being proud of your HERITAGE is one thing, where is your home country is another....

Because Reagan was white and Obama is a 'mulatto'?

Black Irish?

Seems the Moooocher gave it all away a few years ago, but there seems to have been little follow up, I believe due to MONEY, POWER of the presidency, and a subversive, lapdog media, along with a FEARFUL Republican party who believes being called a BIRTHER and RACIST, is more important than getting to the truth! Here's the video, only 32 sec. long, but the question to you, and I pick out liberals in general....

WHAT IS YOUR HOME COUNTRY?

Now be HONEST, when someone says EXACTLY what she said, what do you THINK??

I fully expect to be called all sorts of things, so fire away, Ted Cruz, let me borrow his flame retardant suit! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am American and my home country is America. My ancestors were from Russia, Poland and Ireland. However, I only see myself as an American! The only other way I designate my heritage is either Midwestern or Chicagoan!

Yeah, "country" is an abstract political term whereas heritage/ethinicity, or as we sometimes say somewhat erroneously, nationality, refers to something far more stable and ancient. If you're, say, Alsatian, your "home country" could have variously been France or Germany over the years but you'd still be an "Alsatian" and that would be a constant. Today you'd be French by political entity but probably German by heritage.

It all depends on context.

My Home Country is America because I was born in America
My Grandparents Home Country was Germany because they were born there.
My ancestral home County is Germany.
Therefore Michelle Obama should have said her husbands ancestral home country.
Saying home country means you were born in that country.

Then diga me this ---
what's the term for "the country/countries where one's ancestors came from"?

What were your ancestors before there was a "Germany"?

Then diga me this ---
what's the term for "the country/countries where one's ancestors came from"?

What were your ancestors before there was a "Germany"?
a Germanic tribe
Germanic peoples
The Germanic peoples (also called Teutonic, Suebian or Gothic in older literature) are an Indo-European ethno-linguistic group of Northern European origin, identified by their use of the Germanic languages which diversified out of Proto-Germanic starting during the Pre-Roman Iron Age.

New Topics

Forum List

Back