What is your Greatest Accomplishment?

This is me with Jane Pauley of the Today Show back in 1982. I had a license with the World's Fair to market these solar powered hats. My partner and I crashed the gate the morning the Fair opened. We handed out a bunch of hats. Willard Scott and Bryant Gumball showed them on TV and talked them up. Thousands of dollars of promotion for free.

Jane.jpg

Retiring at 53.

That is amazing. While not for everyone, if I could retire, I would spend my time doing some kind of community service. I spent 15 years working every third weekend at the Jane Addams center and it was great. Fulfilling.

For the most part yes, I'm retired. But, I do work for a friend who's a Master Electrician and owns his own business. We don't hit it that hard and the pay is all under the table. I just like doing it and it's extra cash.

If you had to choose one thing or one victory in your life, what would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment? You can name more than one if it's hard to choose.

This morning, after I captured a few terrorist that intended to blow up a football stadium filled with innocent people, I donated a kidney and part of my liver to a young child and saved his life, then I went to work at my meals-on-wheels job.

This morning, after I captured a few terrorist that intended to blow up a football stadium filled with innocent people...

Why was a football stadium filled with innocent people THIS MORNING?

Methinks your "Greatest Accomplishment" is conconcting a fanciful lie!

Not following the non-productive path my "family" took with their lives. Would have been easy to just be a "product of my upbringing", but I wanted more, and they all suck. :D

I have so many to mention and boring actually. I'll just state the one that not many have accomplished and that is:

Par 3 195 yards, hit my 3 wood, landed the ball on the green and it went in the hole during match play. The week after that on the same hole, a man dropped dead of a massive heart attack which I was first on scene and worked my ass on saving.

Mostly surviving a hell of a childhood that wouldn't be believed if it was a movie or book.

Retiring at 53.

That is amazing. While not for everyone, if I could retire, I would spend my time doing some kind of community service. I spent 15 years working every third weekend at the Jane Addams center and it was great. Fulfilling.

For the most part yes, I'm retired. But, I do work for a friend who's a Master Electrician and owns his own business. We don't hit it that hard and the pay is all under the table. I just like doing it and it's extra cash.

I'm so jealous.

This morning, after I captured a few terrorist that intended to blow up a football stadium filled with innocent people...

Why was a football stadium filled with innocent people THIS MORNING?

Methinks your "Greatest Accomplishment" is conconcting a fanciful lie!

It was this morning when I captured them, not this morning when the stadium was full. Fortunately I handled it before this afternoon.

I have so many to mention and boring actually. I'll just state the one that not many have accomplished and that is:

Par 3 195 yards, hit my 3 wood, landed the ball on the green and it went in the hole during match play. The week after that on the same hole, a man dropped dead of a massive heart attack which I was first on scene and worked my ass on saving.

Mostly surviving a hell of a childhood that wouldn't be believed if it was a movie or book.

Terry, you always tee me up.

One track mind again I see. LOL God love you!

One track mind again I see. LOL God love you!

God I love you!
Fixed it for you.

If you had to choose one thing or one victory in your life, what would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment? You can name more than one if it's hard to choose.

Being a mother. Being a wife. Then also being a grandma. Used to be listed in who's who in business, semi-retired at forty.

I have to say my greatest achievement is developing my sense of modesty to the point where it is so strong, so pure, so powerful, that it can keep my raging ego under control. I make that Lancelot bloke in Camelot (the musical) look like a loser, but I will never brag about it. Never. I am far too modest to do so.

I am FIGJAM :D

Forum List

Back