What is your Greatest Accomplishment?

Our town had been dry for 70 years and I lead the effort to get a referrendum on the local ballot. Used my own money to take out ads and promotions trying to get folks to vote for it. Got a fair amount of media coverage for us too.

Four months later I was buying my hooch at the quickie mart down the street. Not exactly groundbreaking, but a victory nonetheless.

Our town had been dry for 70 years and I lead the effort to get a referrendum on the local ballot. Used my own money to take out ads and promotions trying to get folks to vote for it. Got a fair amount of media coverage for us too.

Four months later I was buying my hooch at the quickie mart down the street. Not exactly groundbreaking, but a victory nonetheless.
And now the town is soaking with alcoholics....

j/k
razz.gif

j/k

LOL. Actually it means the alcoholics don't have to make the 20 mile roundtrip. I made some enemies with this one. Very staunch Baptist community. Like I give a fuck.

j/k

LOL. Actually it means the alcoholics don't have to make the 20 mile roundtrip. I made some enemies with this one. Very staunch Baptist community. Like I give a fuck.
It passed... you probably made more friends than enemies.

Retiring at 53.

Were you in "PR"? ;)
I wish.

I commuted 170 miles three nights a week to get my M.A with two babies at home. I was proud that I stuck it out, and despite all the biotching about my crazy job, there's nothing I'd rather do.

Oh and my kids. One is an Eagle Scout and the other is in Uganda teaching orphans. I think I done good in that area.

The hot dog eating contest was the highlight though. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Single-handedly raising my 2 daughters. Both, now in high school, are honor students, very grounded and know right from wrong.

Retiring at 53.

That is amazing. While not for everyone, if I could retire, I would spend my time doing some kind of community service. I spent 15 years working every third weekend at the Jane Addams center and it was great. Fulfilling.

My degrees.

Just curious, what are they in and where are they from? Because of all the comments about "science", it made me curious.
BS Chemical Engineering (Purdue University). Doctorate Organic Chemistry (too easy to correlate to personal information with that).

Orgo...one of my favorite undergrad classes.

I think I was one of the only people to be able to say that.

Just curious, what are they in and where are they from? Because of all the comments about "science", it made me curious.
BS Chemical Engineering (Purdue University). Doctorate Organic Chemistry (too easy to correlate to personal information with that).

Orgo...one of my favorite undergrad classes.

I think I was one of the only people to be able to say that.
I'm surprised. My premed students generally hated it. Good to hear.

i was put in charge of an SBU (Strategic business unit), of a shoe corporation, that did $15 million a year when i got the promotion, and in less than 15 months I brought its business to $28.6 million.

My greatest acheivement is waking up and drinking bottle of wine before I go to work (in fact drinking on the way to work) then having a stubbie of Coopers 5% on my break, then four stubbies at lunch and then after my supervisor leaves finishing off the other two stubbies and starting up on the Woodstocks in the lobby while imposing a pax Frogennna in the dark and criminal night, finally driving home without getting caught in a booze bust.

For four years I have sacrificed my liver in the name of peace, justice and the Frogen way.

Forum List

Back