What is your goal weight?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Cain, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    What weight do you plan to stop all bulking/cutting and just stick with that weight? Although far off since I have to cutt probably around 25 pounds right now, then bulk back to it, my goal is 150 with a body fat % of 8. That is pretty low, but I know I can get it. The main reason for 150 is it's a pretty heavier weight for someone at my height (5"5). It will make me able to Box in the class I want, but also be small enough to hopefully not pull a 6"0+ sasquatch every tournament lol.

Main thing right now is CUTTING, I have to cut heavily, I was told if I don't get below 165 before (told me 155, but I know 165 is my maximum) June/July I won't be able to ship out. In all honesty, it's going to be easy to get below 165, but I am making it a very serious goal to get to 150, especially since I weighed 145 like 4 months ago. I recently gained a LOT of weight (Thanksgiving + Christmas) but I am going to get it off.

Well, I am off to the gym, I was told I am not allowed to weight lift until I get my weight down so I am doing a LOT of cardio, even easy cardio like walking for a hour just because I have nothing left to do. Honestly, I am going to count how many calories I burn walking at like 3.5 MPH (very slow walk) for a hour and just do it too with my cardio, cause you can read a book and burn calories which is a easy win-win.

So, anyways, good luck to everyone and God Bless.

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,889
    Nerve cells in the hypothalamus determine our appetite for pizza...
    :eusa_eh:
    Appetite control could be rewired, say researchers
    5 April 2013 - Scientists have identified a group of brain cells which have the power to control appetite and could be a major cause of eating disorders such as obesity.

3. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,124
    536 lbs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    110 would be awesome! I am a 5'1" woman and I've struggled with my weight my entire adult life. : ( I've weighed as much as 170, which is obese. :(

Right now I am 127, and by today's standards I am acceptably thin. But back in the day, I would have been considered fat. My BMI is 24.0 which is at the top of the normal range for my height. I have weighed as little as 103 as an adult, and I was looking good at that weight! Not too skinny at all, just right!

But if I can attain and maintain 110, I will be thrilled.

I follow the Weight Watchers eating guidelines. Don't do much formal exercise, but I am very active. And in the summer I walk my five dogs just about every day, 1-2 hours every day. Part of that they are off leash running around, but I never stay still, I keep moving, throwing balls for them, etc. My weight will start dropping more quickly once I start doing that. I've only been losing 3-4 pounds a month over the winter, but hey, it's better than gaining.

I will never give up, never give in to being a fat person. Never, never, never. One time my husband asked me what would happen if I didn't diet, just ate what I wanted. I told him I would probably get up to 300 pounds, eventually. Luckily when I've gotten into my 160s I can't stand myself and I do something about it.

But this time...I am DETERMINED to maintain my weight loss.

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Bout tree fiddy.

6. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    Tree fiddy!? Holy smokes! You must be tall. : )

7. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    Twoty teen.

8. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    My goal is to keep my weight right where it is. Just perfect, for me. I like the slender, curvy look for my body and the secret to my success is weighing myself every morning right after awakening and before drinking or eating anything. If I am up a pound, or two, then I consume the right foods and calories for that day, to lose them. :D Nice!

I'm sure Lumpy 1 does the very same thing....:rofl: