What is your goal weight?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
What weight do you plan to stop all bulking/cutting and just stick with that weight? Although far off since I have to cutt probably around 25 pounds right now, then bulk back to it, my goal is 150 with a body fat % of 8. That is pretty low, but I know I can get it. The main reason for 150 is it's a pretty heavier weight for someone at my height (5"5). It will make me able to Box in the class I want, but also be small enough to hopefully not pull a 6"0+ sasquatch every tournament lol.

Main thing right now is CUTTING, I have to cut heavily, I was told if I don't get below 165 before (told me 155, but I know 165 is my maximum) June/July I won't be able to ship out. In all honesty, it's going to be easy to get below 165, but I am making it a very serious goal to get to 150, especially since I weighed 145 like 4 months ago. I recently gained a LOT of weight (Thanksgiving + Christmas) but I am going to get it off.

Well, I am off to the gym, I was told I am not allowed to weight lift until I get my weight down so I am doing a LOT of cardio, even easy cardio like walking for a hour just because I have nothing left to do. Honestly, I am going to count how many calories I burn walking at like 3.5 MPH (very slow walk) for a hour and just do it too with my cardio, cause you can read a book and burn calories which is a easy win-win.

So, anyways, good luck to everyone and God Bless.

Nerve cells in the hypothalamus determine our appetite for pizza...
:eusa_eh:
Appetite control could be rewired, say researchers
5 April 2013 - Scientists have identified a group of brain cells which have the power to control appetite and could be a major cause of eating disorders such as obesity.
In experiments in rodents, cells called tanycytes were found to produce neurons which specifically regulate appetite. The University of East Anglia researchers say their find means appetite is not fixed at birth. Their study is published in the Journal of Neuroscience. It was previously thought that nerve cells in the brain associated with appetite regulation were generated entirely during an embryo's development in the womb and could not be altered.

But the UEA study's discovery of these tanycytes, which act like stem cells, in the brains of young and adult rodents shows that appetite can be modified. Researchers looked in detail at the hypothalamus section of the brain, which is known to regulate sleep, energy expenditure, appetite, thirst and many other critical biological functions. They studied the nerve cells that regulate appetite using a 'genetic fate mapping' technique and found that some cells added neurons to the appetite-regulating circuitry of the mouse brain after birth and into adulthood.

Circuit control

Lead researcher Dr Mohammad Hajihosseini, from the university's school of biological sciences, said the discovery could eventually offer a permanent solution for tackling obesity - but it would take up to five or 10 years to translate the findings into humans. "This study has shown that the neural circuitry that controls appetite is not fixed in number and could possibly be manipulated numerically to tackle eating disorders. "The next step is to define the group of genes and cellular processes that regulate the behaviour and activity of tanycytes. "This information will further our understanding of brain stem cells and could be exploited to develop drugs that can modulate the number or functioning of appetite-regulating neurons."

Although there isn't one single solution to controlling appetite, Dr Hajihosseini says any sustained solution to obesity must focus on the part of the brain that makes decisions on appetite. "This is adding another piece to the jigsaw." The research was funded by the Wellcome Trust.

BBC News - Appetite control could be rewired, say researchers

110 would be awesome! I am a 5'1" woman and I've struggled with my weight my entire adult life. : ( I've weighed as much as 170, which is obese. :(

Right now I am 127, and by today's standards I am acceptably thin. But back in the day, I would have been considered fat. My BMI is 24.0 which is at the top of the normal range for my height. I have weighed as little as 103 as an adult, and I was looking good at that weight! Not too skinny at all, just right!

But if I can attain and maintain 110, I will be thrilled.

I follow the Weight Watchers eating guidelines. Don't do much formal exercise, but I am very active. And in the summer I walk my five dogs just about every day, 1-2 hours every day. Part of that they are off leash running around, but I never stay still, I keep moving, throwing balls for them, etc. My weight will start dropping more quickly once I start doing that. I've only been losing 3-4 pounds a month over the winter, but hey, it's better than gaining.

I will never give up, never give in to being a fat person. Never, never, never. One time my husband asked me what would happen if I didn't diet, just ate what I wanted. I told him I would probably get up to 300 pounds, eventually. Luckily when I've gotten into my 160s I can't stand myself and I do something about it.

But this time...I am DETERMINED to maintain my weight loss.

My goal is to keep my weight right where it is. Just perfect, for me. I like the slender, curvy look for my body and the secret to my success is weighing myself every morning right after awakening and before drinking or eating anything. If I am up a pound, or two, then I consume the right foods and calories for that day, to lose them. :D Nice!

I'm sure Lumpy 1 does the very same thing....:rofl:

Forum List

Back