What is your favorite musical instrument ?

7qdLqyC.jpg

~S~
View attachment 316709
That is one pretty bass
'neck heavy', like all Gibbys though.....~S~

Yup

I have to use a strap for my Gibson Les Paul even when sitting down. The ergonomics aren't great

No question about it. If one could only master one instrument, it would have to be the piano. Not much value in a marching band, but still...

The tone is unbelievable.
probably why any serious bassists owns one

~S~
Perhaps one day I'll be able to perform with it again.
what genre?

~S~
My cover bands play rock, blues, metal and jazz.
My original band has been described as A Psycho-Folk-A-Billy 4 pack of ridge runners from the backwoods of Northeast America.
Currently working on album #6.

If I wanted to learn one, it would be piano or cello. I listen to chamber music quite a bit over the years, and violin and cello are the basics in that. But, piano would be best for composing, because of its vast range. Some of the new electric keyboards these days are also very good for learning, and much much cheaper than a concert quality piano. They've come a long way in quality and tone, and relatively cheap as well.

I've got photos of my 2 very different mandolins, in my cell phone, but I can't get them out of there, to post in here. They are in " Photos" (ZTE Android phone)

Any suggestions ?

IMG_20200304_143831.jpg

Boy, do I feel silly. Here I was wondering how to get my mandolins picture in here, and all I had to do was pop on the attach files button.

So there they are. One on the right is my Eastman oval hole, vintage style. Before 1920, almost all mandolins looked like this. Even cellos and large string basses had oval holes. The only one of the family with f holes, was the violin.

The other mandolin is a Mitchell sunburst color with f holes. Doesn't have the depth and power of the maple Eastman, but it's mahogany back & sides produce a nice sweet tone. It also has a slightly longer neck than the Eastman, and is much less expensive.

Both mandolins are of good quality with solid spruce tops.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back